Rizzo taught himself to fetch

Old September 22nd 03, 05:55 PM
Governor George Liquor

Default Rizzo taught himself to fetch

Rizzo likes to amuse himself with the rings from plastic milk jugs. He'll
chase one all over the house for hours, and work himself into rolling and
jumping fits. (Jack, on the other hand, will play with it for two minutes,
gnaw it into bite-sized pieces, and eat it. Rizzo then looks at me
balefully for a replacement ring.) Two days ago, I gave him one to play
with, and I noticed he would jump up on the arm of the couch on which I was
sitting and drop the ring next to me. Of course it fell down under the
cushion, but I fished it out and gave it back to him. He kept doing this
over and over. It took about ten repeitions before it entered my
bourbon-shattered brain that he was playing fetch. I tossed the ring across
the room, and he would grab it, race back, and drop it next to me. He's
chased thrown toys since I brought him home, but he never showed any
inclination of fetching them. This came totally out of the blue, and
without any incentive or reward on my part. These cats never cease to amaze
me.

Old September 22nd 03, 08:21 PM
dgk

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:55:06 GMT, "Governor George Liquor"
wrote:

[...]

Seems like Rizzo taught you to play fetch. Smart kitty indeed.

Old September 22nd 03, 10:18 PM
Governor George Liquor

"dgk" wrote in message

Seems like Rizzo taught you to play fetch. Smart kitty indeed.

The things that Jack and Rizzo have "trained" me to do are still vastly more
enjoyable than burdensome, so I'm still well ahead on the deal.

Old September 22nd 03, 10:18 PM
Governor George Liquor

Old September 22nd 03, 10:18 PM
Governor George Liquor