the plot thickens - terrorist avon lady attack cat was attacked first by people???

Old March 29th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default the plot thickens - terrorist avon lady attack cat was attacked first by people???

House arrest for attack cat
Fairfield neighbors terrorized by Lewis
DANIEL TEPFER

A ferocious feline terrorized a quiet Fairfield neighborhood, to the
point that residents are seeking help from the law to stop the
so-called "Terrorist of Sunset Circle."

Lewis, a 5-year-old, black-and-white longhaired cat, attacked at least
a half-dozen people on the cul-de-sac and even took on the local Avon
lady, neighbors say.

"He looks like Felix the Cat and has six toes on each foot each with a
long claw," Sunset Circle resident Janet Kettman said. "They are
formidable weapons."

Kettman said Lewis attacked her twice.

"I was walking along the sidewalk when he sprang at me. I never saw it
coming, but that's how it often is. He comes at you from behind,
springs and wraps himself around your legs, biting and scratching," she
said. "The last time I had three bites and eight scratches and I ended
up at the walk-in clinic.

"The Avon lady was getting out of her car when Lewis attacked her from
behind," Kettman said. "She ended up going to the hospital."

Kettman called the Fairfield Police Department's animal control
officer.

"I don't feel the cat could kill anybody, but it could latch onto
people's legs and arms and bite and scratch to the point where they
could be hospitalized," said Animal Control Officer Rachel Solveira.

Solveira was so concerned about Lewis' attacks in the neighborhood of
neatly kept homes off High Street that she placed a restraining order
on him. It was the first time such an action was taken against a cat in
Fairfield and possibly in the state. In effect, Lewis is under house
arrest, forbidden to leave his home.

Solveira also arrested the cat's owner, Ruth Cisero, of High Street,
first for failing to comply with the restraining order and then for
reckless endangerment.

At first, the restraining order allowed the cat limited freedom if
Cisero gave him Prozac. But the cat refused to take the drug, Cisero
said. And it got out of the house and attacked another neighbor,
Maureen Bachtig, according to police.

"I felt Lewis' claw on my left leg and I shook him loose, he then
lunged and clung to my right leg, leaving one very deep puncture wound,
one long deep gash across the top of my knee," Bachtig told police. She
refused to discuss the incident with a reporter. Meanwhile, the Avon
lady, Donna Greenstein, filed a lawsuit in Superior Court against
Cisero. She refused to comment on the case.

A tearful Cisero said the neighbors have spun the situation out of
control.

"I've tried to tell them to just stay away from Lewis and he will stay
away from you; this has caused complete havoc for me," said Cisero, who
has applied to the court for accelerated rehabilitation - for the
cat.

Cisero said she adopted Lewis three years ago and he never attacked her
or any members of her family. "He's a cat's cat, he climbs trees and
sits on people's roofs but now he's forced to be in the house all the
time."

She theorized that Lewis may be acting in self-defense. "One day he
came home covered in eggs because someone had egged him and another
time a woman sprayed him with a hose. They have been tormenting this
poor animal."

But Bachtig sees a more sinister side to the feline.

"The neighborhood is afraid of this cat," Bachtig said. "Lewis will
stare you down, and you never know how he will react."

Old March 29th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...al&id=4032779#

this has also pictures of Lewis

he has an intense hawk like stare

Old March 29th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...al&id=4032779#

this has also pictures of Lewis

he has an intense hawk like stare

I'm not arguing wiht him!

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old March 29th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...al&id=4032779#
this has also pictures of Lewis
he has an intense hawk like stare

I think he's *quite* handsome!

The story would be very comical if not for the nasty-looking injuries
he's left on people. And as we all know, a cat bite can be quite serious,
so this is more than a mere annoyance.

Actually, the situation is worrisome - sooner or later he's going to
escape, especially with a human who doesn't want to keep him inside. And
it seems possible that someone's going to get fed up with it, and Lewis
will meet an untimely end.

It doesn't seem like his human tried very hard to give him the Prozac.
I wonder if she tried a compounding pharmacy or (if it's available) a
liquid form? I used to take the stuff myself, and it comes in a capsule.
I wonder if she's tried opening the capsules and mixing the contents
with a strong-tasting liquid like tuna juice, or maybe with baby food?
Well, I don't really know the whole story, but from the way she said it,
it sounded like she gave up quickly.

Maybe Lewis would be happier as a farm cat or something like that. He
doesn't seem cut out for suburban life.

Did you notice that she has another cat that looks just like Lewis?
Actually, it could be a dog, it was a little unclear. But it sure looked
like another black and white cat, that could've been Lewis' littermate.

Joyce