My TED visit

Old February 1st 11, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

Default My TED visit

On Feb 1, 7:14*pm, "Storrmmee" wrote:
itsa fud wif onlee meatz anna mayhapz sum begetablez butted no gwainz liksa
wheat or cornz,... or efin rize, OEJ, who iz notted impureezed,

Yeuch! Begetabuls! Me wikes wice doe. Can yu notted put yure Meomie
onna dyet fur yureselfness?

Dat wude bee payneless fur yu?

Harry, confusticated
Old February 1st 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

owrz soft needsa get bak onto weight watcherz befur hersef 'splodez, OEJ,
alzo a lofur of rize

Old February 1st 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 08:21:53 -0600, Amelia wrote:

TED called Meowmie last night - all of my blood tests came back just
fine. My thyroid is fine, I don't have diabetes - basically, I'm
perfectly healthy. I TOLD Meowmie that, but did she listen? Nooooo...

But TED still says I have to lose weight. What's wrong with being a
little fluffy? It helps keep me warm on these cold winter nights. But Paw
is still looking at grain-free diet cat food, and saying that they're
going to stop free-feeding us. How disgusting!

Amelia

I'm glad to hear that your lab values are so good!

Us humans really worry about our kitties' lab values, especially as they
get a little older, and something could be wrong that could make you
very sick.

That's why we take you to TED, even when you aren't sick: so we can help
KEEP you from getting sick. This means LESS trips to TED, later on, and
that's a good thing

And I hate to have to say it, but TED is right: being too fluffy IS bad
for you.

Not right away, but it can cause a lot of health problems, and can make
you very sick, as you get older.

Hyperthyroidism and diabetes are just two of the things that us humans
really worry about, when kitties are too fluffy.

If you get sick, from being too fluffy, you would have to make a LOT of
trips to TED, which we all know is no fun at all.

It doesn't seem fair, I know, but it's better for you in the long run.
Old February 2nd 11, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

I fingk we needz a suppurrt groop fur kitteez hoo duznt git free feedin. Owr
howse duznt git it eethur, not since we wuz liddle bittiez. Meowmie sez itz
kuz I wud eet efurryfing awl at wunce an not leev ennee fur Rebecca, but dat
iz juss a eskuse. We iz forsed to keep askin Meowmie fur fudz at awl howrz
uv da day an nite, but she onlee givz dem to ussez when she feelz like it.

Sundance

Old February 2nd 11, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

O00ooo! Yu puuurrrrr Derez...
kum tu mine heowze.
Dere'z 2 bowlz ov kruncheez, wun in da kichum an wun in da baffruum
awlla da tyme. Det ar fylled in da mornink an attid nite uhgin. M.T.
urr not.
AND... in da mornink PawPaw gibz summa da gooshy fuudz, an attid
efnink, bowt dinnurtyme, uhgin gusshyfuudz (Patay day kawlz it).
DEN attid Meowmeez goin-tu-da-beddybye ruum, fife pounct-tweetz...eetsh
I'm shur.

UnLESS yu eetz awlla dat an duzint leef meeee enny, dat iz, yu ar
welkum, Bekky tuu.
--
Pitô.ônya

Old February 2nd 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

On 2/1/2011 2:28 PM, Gandalf wrote:

Hyperthyroidism and diabetes are just two of the things that us humans
really worry about, when kitties are too fluffy.

Fur ar hoominz to. Meowmie has sumfing kalled Graves Dizeese
(hyperthyroidism) efen tho she wuzent fluffy. Butted we kittiez haf to
make sure ar hoominz git nuf exercize.

Booker
Old February 2nd 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

diz iza whole rezun mineslf anna chester anna tiger,rb usta wented inna owt
so dat dey kuld getsa x r size gettin uses back inna in, OEJ
. ..

Old February 3rd 11, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

I tooked sum time as I was inna cage fur a long time after day hoomans
founded me half dead. Maiself weight mebby 4 lbs anna I'z supposed to be
10. Inna dat cage I gotz fud all da time. I had sum foster homes fur a
long time but dey never kept me once i came out to say hello.

Meowmie found me. Happy Dai! But, dey said i hadda learn to eat wet fuds
dat were not caught mices and birdies ur whatever else i cud get to feed my
littles anna me. I hadda learn kibble wuz not gud fur me all day time but
meowmie made it easy.

She jus loved me lots and made sure i knowed wet wuz gud, paying *close*
attention to what maiself liked anna gettin dat. Slowly, she hadda taked
the kibble away but she took it in time soz I not get scsred of dat long
dark time wif no fuds anna my littles not alwayz making it to old enough to
go off alone.

Lemme tell ya sundance. It's much better to know at last ya got 2 gud meals
a day and a noshe at lunchtime. Meowmie and daddy2foot plus Charlotte
always makes sure I gets fed. Sigh, I jus has to be patient inna day
morning onna dem 2 dayz dey gets to sleep in to 6. Dez hard to train around
dat one.

I waz gonna git mad but Auntie Mabel gifted maiself wif some wizdom. "They
don't get to sleep in much. They don't get to sleep all day. They do give
us a lovely 'IN' place which I'd never had before and they *never* forget to
care for us. They spend time thinking up special treats for us. Don't
sweat the small stuff kiddo. We both waited a lot more than 30 minutes
plenty of times."

Humm. Yeah. I kin unnderstand. 30 mins, ok. 31, not ok!

Daisy-chan the Magnifiscent!

Old February 3rd 11, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

When I first adoptid Meowmie, she did dat fing where she putted likwid in
myown eerz efurryday. Da TED telled her I had eer mitez. Yoo wud da TED wud
know if I had eerz or not, but she juss sed "mitez".

Sundance

"cshenk" wrote in message
Hai! I gets grain free or my ears getz all funny and hurtz anna my skin
gets all itchy anna my fur starts falling off cauz I licking the itchies
off. Iffin dat happens, I haz to be gud about gettin mai ears all wet
inside 2 times a day fur 2 weeks until day getz better.

vet visit Storrmmee Cat community 11 January 9th 11 04:23 AM
OEJ 's vet visit Stormmee Cat anecdotes 12 March 29th 10 07:34 PM
Vet Visit [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 2 May 4th 07 12:56 AM
Visit to Ted Kathryn Cat anecdotes 15 July 5th 06 02:49 AM
Please help with first vet visit... Me Cat health & behaviour 8 December 7th 04 06:27 AM