I AM SO STRESSED

Old March 24th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE I AM SO STRESSED

You guys are the greatest. Sugar seems to be doing much better since
the anitbiotic shot. My scans came back normal. So, now I have
something to treat IBS. To me that is such a vague thing, but we will
see. If I don't feel better by Monday then I have another consultation.
They did make it clear they did not think it was cancer, which was a
relief all around. I still feel lousy, and it is still really a mystery
but that at least seems ruled out. Thanks all soooooo much for your
support.

Old March 24th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I AM SO STRESSED

Karen wrote:

OK, on top of all the mystery pain SH*T, monday my laptop died in the
middle of a raging blizzard with a class waiting for me. I went into the
raging blizzard to my "day job" office 1/2 mile away and was lucky to
make it back. I had to buy a new iBook Tuesday. I had my CT scan this
a.m. and I suppose it will be MONDAY before I hear anything. And tonight
Sugar threw up a hairball, OK, fine no big deal. Two hours later she
began meowing manically and growled when I picked her up from hiding
under the bed. I rushed her to the emergency vet and her blood work
showed the same thing as back in January suggesting she was mounting
some kind of infection. They gave her a shot of baytril to see if we can
get a head start on it. She is home, looking miserable but at least she
is looking miserable on the couch and not under the bed. I AM SO
STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people probably
have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

No wonder you are stressed, Karen, anybody would be in your situation.
Can you try to think positively, like the CT scan will be negative and
the pain will go away by itself? I know this is hard to do.
We are sending lots and lots of calming purrs and hugs and best wishes
for everything to go really well from now on,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 25th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Well, I prefer the chemical solutions to really bad bad days. When anxiety
has a head start. Especially when its the end of the day and there just
isn't enough time to use gentler ways of unwinding.

Honest I don't take them very often, but I do have a prescription for Serax.
Back when I had to deal I called them my IRS pills. Or my MIL pills as the
case may be.

Granted a martini would be the drug of choice for many but I don't tolerate
alcohol well and it isn't a great way to show up for an IRS audit.

If I wake up feeling that stressed for no particularly good reason, I will
go out of my way to be nice to myself that day. (And alone if possible for
the sake of everyone concerned) I don't like to shop, but I'll go for a
drive, either out in the country or in a really fancy neighborhood. Take my
camera to the lake and take pictures. Or my very favorite, get my hair
done. Its strange. I do not like a massage. But I just love to have my
hair washed. The guy who does my hair will usually find time for me if I
ask nicely. He knows its my version of therapy.

Jo

Old March 25th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
You guys are the greatest. Sugar seems to be doing much better since the
anitbiotic shot. My scans came back normal. So, now I have something to
treat IBS. To me that is such a vague thing, but we will see. If I don't
feel better by Monday then I have another consultation. They did make it
clear they did not think it was cancer, which was a relief all around. I
still feel lousy, and it is still really a mystery but that at least seems
ruled out. Thanks all soooooo much for your support.

IBS isn't a vague thing at all. A lot of the time it can be treated fairly
easily. Sending purrs that is the case for you.

Yes stress will make it worse. But it can generate stress too, so don't
feel like it is somehow your "fault" if you stress out.

Jo

Old March 25th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sounds like good news all around, Karen. Hope things stay that way.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 25th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
You guys are the greatest. Sugar seems to be doing much better since the
anitbiotic shot. My scans came back normal. So, now I have something to
treat IBS. To me that is such a vague thing, but we will see. If I don't
feel better by Monday then I have another consultation. They did make it
clear they did not think it was cancer, which was a relief all around. I
still feel lousy, and it is still really a mystery but that at least seems
ruled out. Thanks all soooooo much for your support.

I think you can control IBS by your diet. Try eating healthier and see
whether
it makes any difference. Note what you've eaten when you feel bad.
Eat food that aids with digestion like ginger, pineapple, and papaya and see
if that help. Better yet, consult with a nutritionist or dietician

Winnie

Old March 25th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message

They did make it clear they did not think it was cancer, which was a
relief all around. I still feel lousy, and it is still really a mystery
but that at least seems ruled out.

The fear of having cancer is always a biggie in these circumstances and I am
so happy that it's ruled out for you.

Tweed

Old March 25th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:04:30 -0600, Karen wrote:

You guys are the greatest. Sugar seems to be doing much better since
the anitbiotic shot. My scans came back normal. So, now I have
something to treat IBS. To me that is such a vague thing, but we will
see. If I don't feel better by Monday then I have another consultation.
They did make it clear they did not think it was cancer, which was a
relief all around. I still feel lousy, and it is still really a mystery
but that at least seems ruled out. Thanks all soooooo much for your
support.

Did they consider adhesions?
Old March 25th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24 19:18:06 -0600, mlbriggs said:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:04:30 -0600, Karen wrote:

You guys are the greatest. Sugar seems to be doing much better since
the anitbiotic shot. My scans came back normal. So, now I have
something to treat IBS. To me that is such a vague thing, but we will
see. If I don't feel better by Monday then I have another consultation.
They did make it clear they did not think it was cancer, which was a
relief all around. I still feel lousy, and it is still really a mystery
but that at least seems ruled out. Thanks all soooooo much for your
support.

Did they consider adhesions?

I don't think anything showed up in the contrast scans. I think those would?