Tribute to Booger the HarpurrCat

Old October 14th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder

Default Tribute to Booger the HarpurrCat

"Anti Shado" wrote:

nervous human makes her way to the podium

[gentle shreddage]

Thank you for allowing me to give Booger's tribute and thank you all
for being part of this wonderful community of love and friendship.

Shado, wipes a tear and steps down from the podium

Oh, dat wuz a *wunnerful* Tribyoot! Wee noo Booger fur a longtime
heeer onda groop, but now feeel like wee no him eevin beddur.

Fangu fur tellin us his story, Auntee Shado.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 15th 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca

[Rebecca gives Anti Shado a little headbutt.]

Dat wuz lubly, Anti Shado. We will awl miss Boogie.

Rebecca

"Anti Shado" wrote in message
ups.com...
nervous human makes her way to the podium

Good Evening, Cats and humans. I am known as Shado and I had the honor
and priviledge of being Meowmie to Booger the HarpurrCat for seventeen
and a half years. Before I begin my tribute to Booger, I would like to
thank Booger's dear wink Ms Kitty Schottland-HarpurrCat for sponsoring
me into this year's Jellicle Ball. Dear, I just wanted to tell you how
much Booger loved you and, even though he didn't say much, how happy he
was when you two were winked.

Booger came to me as a wee, eight week old kitten. Already dressed
formally in a black tuxedo with white shirt and black tie, he proved to
be an assertive friend even then. His first job was to be companion to
my elderly blue point Siamese ladycat, BG. In the few months
preceeding, she had lost both her companioncat Killer and her
grandmeowmie (my mother) and made it quite clear that, since I had gone
back to a regular job, she needed a new friend to keep her company.
The elderly Siamese and rambunctious kitten got on famously and
remained close till BG was called to the Bridge in 1991.

At that point, Booger made it clear that he preferred to be the ONLY
cat in the family. He became my best pal, confidant, and cheerleader.
When I met the manhuman that would eventually become my husband, he did
a kitty background check and pronounced him worthy to become his Paw.

As the years went by, Booger supported and encouraged me to complete my
undergraduate degree, even tutoring me in some of the more complex
subjects. Not satisfied with a BS, eighteen months ago, he convinced
me to pursue a graduate degree. A very cultured cat, Booger enjoyed
music, primarily classical and Irish Traditional. He was fascinated by
my Irish harp, especially when he realized that he could make sounds
come from it when he brushed it with his tail, thus earning his
wholename, Booger the HarpurrCat. He enjoyed Cello music and the harp,
but had no taste for pipes or tinwhistle

Booger was a wonderful predator and depending on where we lived, kept
his home free of field mice, lizards, and the occasional palmetto bug.
The only thing that he preferred to leave to his humans was the large
black snake that lived in his backyard in Florida.

Booger was quite the traveling cat, making his way from Ohio to
Florida, and finally to Maryland. He was agreeable to accompanying us
to my new job posting in the Far East, but was called to the Bridge
instead. Always healthy (Fang Bast), except for a bout with T-Cell
carcinoma in 2001, he left suddenly after a brief illness on Memorial
Day.

He actually did make the trip to the Far East as we brought his ashes
with us. It's been hard without him, both his Paw and I miss him
deeply. It is our hope that Booger and Bast see fit to hook us up with
another cat or two that need a loving "onetroohome".