Scented Cat Litter?

Old February 8th 15, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Scented Cat Litter?

jmcquown wrote:
I don't really understand it. I don't have an overly sensitive nose but
any time I bought (not on purpose!) scented cat litter it made me
flinch. Cats noses are much more sensitive than mine. Who at the
litter factory thought adding perfume is a good idea?

It's like stepping into an elevator with someone who just couldn't
resist using *all* the scented bath products that came in that holiday
gift set. LOL

It's funny to think [people think] cats like perfumed cat litter. I
can't see why they would. I felt horrible the one time I bought Arm &
Hammer litter for Persia. I guess I wasn't paying attention; I figured
baking soda, okay. I didn't realize they had also dumped a bottle of
flowery perfume in it. Yikes!

I see ads on TV for scented cat litter and have to wonder why. Is it
for people who can't be bothered cleaning the litterbox?

What say you? Yay or nay to scented cat litter?

Definitely "NAY"! (I don't buy scented trash bags, either!)
Old February 8th 15, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 2/7/2015 5:26 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Same here. I also don't buy scented toilet paper.

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old February 9th 15, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:58:48 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

[...]

Jill

I have no idea why scented cat litter exists. I have enough trouble
figuring out whether I want litter that clumps instantly, or provides
24 hour protection, or is for multiple cats. I want litter that
removes the clumps and dumps them in the trash bag. Actually I have
the Litter Robot and it does that pretty well.
Old February 9th 15, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Scented Cat Litter? A bit off topic...

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 05:33:18 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 2/7/2015 2:02 AM, Joy wrote:
On 2/6/2015 9:41 PM, Sylvia M wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Nay to scented, but...
What about clumping or not clumping?
I wonder if many are still using not-clumping, and if there are some good
reasons why?
Obviously, from the above, Pit2nya is using clumping.

Sylvia

I think clumping is far superior, both because it is easier to use, and
because the urine-soaked litter doesn't stay in the litter box when you
clean it. I think it's more sanitary and less messy.

I used litter pan liners, too.

Jill

I never had luck with pan liners. My cats always seem to get to the
bottom of them and rip them to shreds.
Old February 9th 15, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2015-02-07 2:11 AM, Sylvia M wrote:

Nay to scented, but...
What about clumping or not clumping?
I wonder if many are still using not-clumping, and if there are some good
reasons why?
Obviously, from the above, Pit2nya is using clumping.

I was a very late convert from non-clumping to clumping because when I
first tried a clumping brand, the dust scattered everyone far worse than
with my non-clumping litter and it seemed more sanitary to use
non-clumping, especially as I emptied it all out and cleaned the trays
quite recently. Eventually, I came across a clumping brand that worked
much better than the first one I tried, and that's what I use now.

I don't think I ever bought scented litter, unless I did so by accident
years ago when I was out of my usual brands and in a hurry.

My late mother, although she used scented cleaning products (well, there
weren't any others back then!) and eventually became less rigid, didn't
like using scented deodorants, room sprays, etc. They made her think
someone was attempting to cover up smells rather do a proper cleaning.

--
Cheryl
Old February 9th 15, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I only had the one cat and some a**hole had front declawed her. I will
say this, though, the pan liners I bought were very tough. I wish they
made trash can liners that sturdy!

Jill
Old February 9th 15, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

That was my experience too.

Old February 9th 15, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

I use Tidy Cat "light" because is light weight. It clumps well and the slight odor is not too great.
Old February 9th 15, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat's Pride Cat Litter coupons (WAS: Scented Cat Litter? A bitoff topic...)

On 2/9/2015 1:41 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
I use Tidy Cat "light" because is light weight. It clumps well and the slight odor is not too great.

I regularly bought Cat's Pride Fresh & Light *unscented* for my sweet
Persia.

They offered light weight clumping litter well before Tidy Cat came out
with their version. It was less expensive, too. On top of that I could
usually download and print coupons from their web site.

Still can, actually!

http://catspride.com/offers/

If you don't have a printer, contact them and they'll send you coupon(s)
via snail mail.

I bought the unscented litter in the green jug:

http://catspride.com/product-selector/

Very low dust, clumped really well. The jug wasn't too heavy for me to
lift. It also controlled odor very well; then again I always made sure
her litterbox was clean.

Jill
Old February 9th 15, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I bought Tidy Cat after reading about it here. Still waiting to use it,
after the last of CostCo clumping litter is gone. The latter litter (LOL)
hasn't been clumping well recently, probably same problem as
mentioned about another brand...same manufacturer???

Cat's Pride Fresh & Light *unscented* sounds like a good alternative.
Where is it sold?

I like the idea of 17 lb vs 35 or 40 lb. I can manage to carry that in from
my auto.

Sylvia