Kitty wake up calls

Old January 5th 15, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Kitty wake up calls

Buster's lately been more of a pest than usual in the mornings. Do any of
you also have have wake-up call kitties?

Buster jumps up me, then back down, then back up, doing this repeatedly and
saying "Brrau" each time he hops up. Spicey and Dot like to lay and watch
as he's doing this, as though it's some sort of spectator sport.

Eventually, he briefly settles down on top of me and stick a whiskery snout
in my face. If I put a hand in front of him, he forcefully headbutts his
way through. I'll present him with lots of different barriers to put his
shovelnose through, like laced fingers, tunnels, and valleys with palms
held parallel.

Then, he hops back down to lick my hair. This makes him sneeze
periodically, so the left side of my head is eventually moist with
secretions from both his tongue and his nose.
Old January 6th 15, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alien from planet x

wrote:
Buster's lately been more of a pest than usual in the mornings. Do any of
you also have have wake-up call kitties?
Buster jumps up me, then back down, then back up, doing this repeatedly and
saying "Brrau" each time he hops up. Spicey and Dot like to lay and watch
as he's doing this, as though it's some sort of spectator sport.
Eventually, he briefly settles down on top of me and stick a whiskery snout
in my face. If I put a hand in front of him, he forcefully headbutts his
way through. I'll present him with lots of different barriers to put his
shovelnose through, like laced fingers, tunnels, and valleys with palms
held parallel.
Then, he hops back down to lick my hair. This makes him sneeze
periodically, so the left side of my head is eventually moist with
secretions from both his tongue and his nose.

I had a cat who would chew on my nose and scare me
awake. I'd wake up yelling "aaaahhhhhhhhhh".

The reason I think he did it, was that when he was sleeping,
snoring, I would whistle like a dove. He would suddenly
wake up, looking around, then give me a dirty look when
he realised it was me. He only started chewing on my nose
after that.

--
Islam is the rabies of religion
Old January 6th 15, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2015-01-06 3:33 AM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 06:35:42 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

All my cats have liked to stay in bed with me. Although they have slept
with me, it's been unusual for them to wake me up.

Same here. In fact, it's normal for them NOT to get up with me,
but to want to 'sleep in' for God know's how much longer than me.

OR, maybe they're just saying "YOU don't need to get up yet"..

One of my cats (Sam) spends most of every night on the bed, but doesn't
seem eager for me to get up in the morning. Neither am I, some mornings
- my mornings start early, about 5:30 or 6:00. He'll snuggle himself
into the covers a bit more, or even refuse to move when the comforter is
tossed back over him, although he usually doesn't like to be covered up.

Cinnamon, on the other hand, although she likes sleeping on the bed,
doesn't seem to like the crowded conditions than ensue when I sleep
there too, and withdraws to more suitable locations, usually, I think,
the loveseat in the living room. She reappears when I'm up and moving
around in the morning - probably in hope that I'll refill the food bowl,
which has too few bits of catfood left (by her standards, anyway; both
my cats like their bowl to be full, even it they aren't hungry enough to
take more than a mouthful or two).

--
Cheryl
Old January 6th 15, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 17:23:46 -0500, Takayuki
wrote:

Buster's lately been more of a pest than usual in the mornings. Do any of
you also have have wake-up call kitties?

Buster jumps up me, then back down, then back up, doing this repeatedly and
saying "Brrau" each time he hops up. Spicey and Dot like to lay and watch
as he's doing this, as though it's some sort of spectator sport.

Eventually, he briefly settles down on top of me and stick a whiskery snout
in my face. If I put a hand in front of him, he forcefully headbutts his
way through. I'll present him with lots of different barriers to put his
shovelnose through, like laced fingers, tunnels, and valleys with palms
held parallel.

Then, he hops back down to lick my hair. This makes him sneeze
periodically, so the left side of my head is eventually moist with
secretions from both his tongue and his nose.

I gave a tendency to get up around 4am to pee, and Nipsy likes to
remind me that he's hungry. If I fail to arise at 4am, Nipsy will do
his best to make sure that I don't oversleep. Once he gets some food,
I can go back to bed.
Old January 6th 15, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 08:06:18 -0330, Cheryl wrote:

One of my cats (Sam) spends most of every night on the bed, but doesn't
seem eager for me to get up in the morning. Neither am I, some mornings
- my mornings start early, about 5:30 or 6:00. He'll snuggle himself
into the covers a bit more, or even refuse to move when the comforter is
tossed back over him, although he usually doesn't like to be covered up.

I had that sort of role-reversal with Betty, who liked to sleep in, and
would remain under the covers as a bedlump after I got up.
Old January 8th 15, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/5/2015 5:23 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Buster's lately been more of a pest than usual in the mornings. Do any of
you also have have wake-up call kitties?

Buster jumps up me, then back down, then back up, doing this repeatedly and
saying "Brrau" each time he hops up. Spicey and Dot like to lay and watch
as he's doing this, as though it's some sort of spectator sport.

Eventually, he briefly settles down on top of me and stick a whiskery snout
in my face. If I put a hand in front of him, he forcefully headbutts his
way through. I'll present him with lots of different barriers to put his
shovelnose through, like laced fingers, tunnels, and valleys with palms
held parallel.

Then, he hops back down to lick my hair. This makes him sneeze
periodically, so the left side of my head is eventually moist with
secretions from both his tongue and his nose.

How sweet of Buster to be your early morning stylist. Yes, Persia
used to wake me up. Even when we didn't have to get up.

Jill
Old January 8th 15, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David W

wrote:

Buster's lately been more of a pest than usual in the mornings. Do any of
you also have have wake-up call kitties?

Buster jumps up me, then back down, then back up, doing this repeatedly and
saying "Brrau" each time he hops up. Spicey and Dot like to lay and watch
as he's doing this, as though it's some sort of spectator sport.

Eventually, he briefly settles down on top of me and stick a whiskery snout
in my face. If I put a hand in front of him, he forcefully headbutts his
way through. I'll present him with lots of different barriers to put his
shovelnose through, like laced fingers, tunnels, and valleys with palms
held parallel.

Then, he hops back down to lick my hair. This makes him sneeze
periodically, so the left side of my head is eventually moist with
secretions from both his tongue and his nose.

Oscar gently taps me on my shoulder in the A.M. when he's hungry and
thinks it's time for me to get up. He may repeat one time and if I
don't get up he will lie down on the foot of the bed and watch me.
Old January 8th 15, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Persia (RB) used to gently tap me on the nose. If I grumbled a bit and
went back to sleep she'd wait about 10 minutes, then tap my nose again.
She was like a kitty snooze alarm.

Jill