A cat forum. CatBanter

OT: Emergency Contacts (rather morbid)

Old July 30th 18, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default OT: Emergency Contacts (rather morbid)

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 3:47:28 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
Sadly, there have been a number of posters I've "known" on Usenet who
have died over the years. If anything were to happen to you, would a
friend or family member know to notify long-time friends/posters on this
newsgroup? (Obviously it wouldn't be top priority.)

Just curious. I know when I was in the hospital in 2008 I called a
Usenet friend (for completely other reasons). She remembered I post
here. So she posted here and let everyone know what was up. Then
again, I wasn't dead so I was able to call her on the phone. If I died
and was still able to call her, well, that's a Twilight Zone episode!

I've been thinking I should add another card to my wallet. I already
have an "In Case of Emergency" contacts card. I should add a card "In
Case of Death *Also Notify* with a request for that person to please
notify X newsgroups. (Don't worry, I'm not asking for volunteers! Heh.)

Naturally this would be someone you'd want notified pretty quickly
anyway. It would also have to be someone who knows what the heck a
newsgroup is. LOL

Anyone ever think about this? (I'm feeling fine, BTW.)

Jill

Sorry to revive the old thread, but I was wondering where some of our members have gone; late to the party I know.

Anyway, I think I only know two people who know what a cat is and probably neither know what Usenet is. The younger one could figure it out, but she wouldn't **** on me if I was on fire. Pardon the colloquialism. (Damn I actually spelled it correctly :-) )
Old July 30th 18, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 30/07/2018 17:26, Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

I'm hoping to outlive the Poshgirls (they are 7) but if not I've made
arrangements for them go to Persian Rescue. I'd prefer someone who had
one before to adopt them, because they shed like mad and their eyes and
face creases need to be cleaned every day. Best to find someone who's
prepared for this.

Old August 1st 18, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/30/2018 12:26 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 3:47:28 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:

Just curious. I know when I was in the hospital in 2008 I called a
Usenet friend (for completely other reasons). She remembered I post
here. So she posted here and let everyone know what was up.

(snipped self)

Anyone ever think about this? (I'm feeling fine, BTW.)

Jill

Sorry to revive the old thread, but I was wondering where some of our members have gone; late to the party I know.

Anyway, I think I only know two people who know what a cat is and probably neither know what Usenet is. The younger one could figure it out, but she wouldn't **** on me if I was on fire. Pardon the colloquialism. (Damn I actually spelled it correctly :-) )

Ah, well. I'm not sure what to say to that. Congrats on the spelling?
wink

Ten years ago (when I was in the hospital) this usenet group was still
pretty active. Lots of regulars. And we all seemed to know and care
about each other. Funny how things can seem to change in a mere decade.

The number of posters has dwindled in a rather short time. Whether
they've gone to Facebook or somewhere else, I don't know.

Lives change, times change. That's normal. But hey, I'm still here. I
do often feel as if I'm talking to myself. So I'm really glad to see
you back, Bill.

Jill
Old August 1st 18, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

On 1-8-2018 22:38, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Some cat lovers are mostly lurking(so am I.
Old August 1st 18, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/1/2018 1:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Many of them have gone to Facebook.

I'm still here, although I don't post very often. It would be nice if
we could get this group animated again.

Joy

Old August 2nd 18, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/1/2018 6:30 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

I'll keep trying. I tried FB but didn't like it. Many of the people
there were not familiar with *this* RPCA so they didn't make me feel
welcome.

Jill
Old August 2nd 18, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 6:30:07 PM UTC-4, joy wrote:
[...]

. ,.
T."-._..---.._,-"/|
l|"-. _.v._ (" |
[l /.'_ \; _~"-.`-t
Y " _(o} _{o)._ ^.|
j T ,-v-. T ]
\ l ( /-^-\ ) ! !
\. \. "~" ./ /c-..,__
^r- .._ .- .-" `- . ~"--.
\. \

] ^. \
3 . " . Y
,.__.--._ _j \ ~ . ; |
( ~"-._~"^._\ ^. ^._ I . l
"-._ ___ ~"-,_7 .Z-._ 7" Y ; \ _
/" "~-(r r _/_--._~-/ / /,.--^-._ / Y
"-._ '"~~~-._~]--^---./____,.^~ ^.^ !
~--._ ' Y---. \./
~~--._ l_ ) \
~-._~~~---._,____..--- \
~----"~ \
\

My best attempt to animate the group. :-)

OK, I stole it. LOL
Old August 2nd 18, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 8:39:28 PM UTC-4, Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

Damn, it looked perfect before I posted it. :-(

Old August 2nd 18, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/1/2018 5:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/1/2018 6:30 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

I like this format better than the Facebook one, tool.

Joy