The Fabulous Furballs Father

Old August 29th 08, 12:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default The Fabulous Furballs Father

I am starting to suspect was in fact a parrot!

I've mentioned before that if you touch Sarsi when she's asleep and she
doesn't want to be disturbed- she says "Arkk awf!" which is plainly telling
you to go forth and multiply

And then there's "Daw-dee" which she is what she calls Dave

Last week I opened the bedroom you as she was pawing at it and I said "And
what do you say?" and she replied "Ank Ooo" (I'm not too good at describing
the sounds but it sounded for all the World like she was trying to say "Thank
you")

I've put this down to the fact she is a very intelligent owner until this
morning when I said "Hello" to Dunzi and she replied "haaa-oooh" with the
same intonation I use

I wouldn't be surprised to get home and find they've sprouted wings!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furbalks

Old August 30th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote in message
[...]

How funny! I'd like it if mine could do this. Unfortunately KFC cannot
speak at all - never has. She opens her mouth to say something and no sound
comes out. Boyfie doesn't say much but when he does it's the standard meow.
I have no linguists here ;-)

Tweed

Old August 30th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
I've put this down to the fact she is a very intelligent owner until this
morning when I said "Hello" to Dunzi and she replied "haaa-oooh" with the
same intonation I use

How clever of them! Mitranda uses a lot of different sounds, but I
haven't been able to distinguish any words, except that she frequently
says 'ma-ma' when I call her name. Maybe she's speaking Russian (I
don't)?

Old August 30th 08, 09:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

O T is my Chattie Cattie. I can't begin to describe the sounds but he has
ones for certain things. People find him so funny but, he doesn't speak on
demand. When I am on the phone he has a conversation right along with me
and sometimes, it is disturbing enough I have to hang up. He hates the
phone and will give toe portable a swat every time he comes near it.

Old August 30th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Marina wrote:
Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
I've put this down to the fact she is a very intelligent owner until
this morning when I said "Hello" to Dunzi and she replied
"haaa-oooh" with the same intonation I use

How clever of them! Mitranda uses a lot of different sounds, but I
haven't been able to distinguish any words, except that she frequently
says 'ma-ma' when I call her name. Maybe she's speaking Russian (I
don't)?

Maybe she is ;-) You mentioning that reminded me of when Nüle first came to
stay with me. I have various rare chicken breeds that originate from Europe
and she accompanied me to feed them. According to the different breed she
had a few words with them in their own language every morning. For the
Barnevelders it was Dutch, for the Sicilian Buttercups, Italian, for the
Lakenfelders, German - they shared a native tongue ;-) and for the
Appenzellers, Swiss German - she confided that "Swiss German" was dreadful,
sounded like you had a throat infection..
It amused me no end. I asked her what she was saying to them. She said
"Oh, just good morning, how are you today? sort of stuff."

Tweed

Old August 31st 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Granby" wrote in message
O T is my Chattie Cattie. I can't begin to describe the sounds but he has
ones for certain things. People find him so funny but, he doesn't speak on
demand. When I am on the phone he has a conversation right along with me
and sometimes, it is disturbing enough I have to hang up. He hates the
phone and will give toe portable a swat every time he comes near it.

O T is a trip. I get a kick out of him. Lee's got one that likes to
chatter too. Tanada has become the cat who says "Nee."

Pam S.

Old August 31st 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

[...]

Woodgie talks, too. She calls me Gramma and my daughter is mom. She's about
as communicative as a two year old hoomin and about as understandable...
Kathy and Woodgie ^..^