Prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge

Old August 9th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge

if desexed i would have thought long and hard but like you said since it
wasn't your call all you can do is wish him well on his journey, Lee
"kraut" wrote in message

Yes the cat was nuetered when she first took it in as all her cats
are.

Over time she has taken in a total of 17 cats and has 10 left after
finding homes for some. In fact one of my 5 came from her.

I myself might have just let him be an outdoor only cat since see
lives on a back country road that gets little traffic and has 80 acres
with 2 BIG barns on it but it was not my call.

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 12:10:50 -0500, "Stormmee"
wrote:

will pray for MIl, and as to the pts, my cat MH was a snip short of pts,
he
attacked me for no apparent reason on the back of the leg, visioucs to the
point i thought he might be having a ceizure, then two week later he
attacked the dh on the hand... we had brought him for a check in between
and
showed vet... when he bit dh vet said only thing she might do before pts
was
snip, in mh's case it seems to have worked, but it has stopped me rehoming
him which was the original plan, if the cat had already been desexed and
did
this a second time i am afraid pts is what i would opt for, damage to
others, animal or human especially unprovoked and without warning is not
safe, Lee
"kraut" wrote in message
. ..

Request prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge
please.

About 2 years ago mother-in-law took in a stray adult male cat. Last
winter it bit her boy.

Earlier last week my 79 year old mother-in-law fed it and was walking
away when it launched into her leg and really bit her in 2 spots. She
has been in the hospital now for 5 days on an intravenus and
antibiotics and her leg is swelled and infected and the first couple
days her temp was up. It is finally draining today and they did an
MRI to see if the cat hit the bone for whatever reason.

The cat was put down which I do not know if I agree with but it is
done so purrs for it on his trip to the bridge please.

TIA

Old August 9th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

and for what its worth, if the cat wasn't in the habit of agression, the vet
tells me that this is sometimes a symtom of a brain tumor, and it is her
opinion that while some are treatable in cats if it is deep in the brain the
treatment is often worse than the pain of the tumor and pts is therfore
called for any... i will pray for you as well, let us know how the mil is
getting along, Lee

Old August 10th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

kraut wrote:

Request prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge
please.

About 2 years ago mother-in-law took in a stray adult male cat. Last
winter it bit her boy.

Earlier last week my 79 year old mother-in-law fed it and was walking
away when it launched into her leg and really bit her in 2 spots. She
has been in the hospital now for 5 days on an intravenus and
antibiotics and her leg is swelled and infected and the first couple
days her temp was up. It is finally draining today and they did an
MRI to see if the cat hit the bone for whatever reason.

The cat was put down which I do not know if I agree with but it is
done so purrs for it on his trip to the bridge please.

TIA

Sending purrs for both the MIL and the cat. There could have been
something wrong with the cat which was not apparent. MLB
Old August 10th 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

"kraut" wrote in message

Request prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge
please.

About 2 years ago mother-in-law took in a stray adult male cat. Last
winter it bit her boy.

Earlier last week my 79 year old mother-in-law fed it and was walking
away when it launched into her leg and really bit her in 2 spots. She
has been in the hospital now for 5 days on an intravenus and
antibiotics and her leg is swelled and infected and the first couple
days her temp was up. It is finally draining today and they did an
MRI to see if the cat hit the bone for whatever reason.

The cat was put down which I do not know if I agree with but it is
done so purrs for it on his trip to the bridge please.

TIA

TuTu went through a period like that. I threatened her with extinction if she ever did it again, I no longer pet her for extended periods -- juast short pets or casual head rubs.

Old August 10th 10, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:12:08 -0500, "Stormmee"
wrote:

and for what its worth, if the cat wasn't in the habit of agression, the vet
tells me that this is sometimes a symtom of a brain tumor, and it is her
opinion that while some are treatable in cats if it is deep in the brain the
treatment is often worse than the pain of the tumor and pts is therfore
called for any... i will pray for you as well, let us know how the mil is
getting along, Lee

That's what I was thinking. A cat that does unprovoked serious harm
has something really wrong with it and might very well need to be pts.
Old August 10th 10, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Aug 8, 11:42*pm, kraut wrote:
Request prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge
please.

Purrs for everyone.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old August 10th 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

tv was an overstimulator, too much petting and he would bite... this was
different, with tv one bite and an almost ohmygosh whodidthat behavoir
after, this was a savage attack repeated biting jumping and clawing... i
thught it might have been MY hormones, but when he went for dh, also not
provoked we really struggled with what to do, during conversation with vet
is when she discussed tumors and other things that might have caused it,

Old August 11th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
tv was an overstimulator, too much petting and he would bite... this was
different, with tv one bite and an almost ohmygosh whodidthat behavoir
after, this was a savage attack repeated biting jumping and clawing... i
thught it might have been MY hormones, but when he went for dh, also not
provoked we really struggled with what to do, during conversation with vet
is when she discussed tumors and other things that might have caused it,
Lee

Lee, that's just like Shamrock. He's gotten better over the years because
he's always been a biter, but he attacked my arm twice in two nights this
week, completely unprovoked! I was in bed and talking on the phone and I
guess my arm got too close to where he was laying on the pillow next to me.
Full clawed attack. Then last night I was trying to get to sleep and he was
in his normal place on the pillow and I rolled over -- didn't even touch
him -- and he bit me so hard that he left a bruise. One of his fangs is
broken and sealed by the vet because it was not gone enough to pull it, so
it's blunt. The other fang broke the top of the skin but not deep.

I know to watch for overstimulation when he gets lovin' but these two
attacks were completely unprovoked. And his skin isn't broke out, so I
don't know what his problem was.

Old August 11th 10, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

Default Prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge - update

Request prayers and purrs for mother-in-law and cat on way to bridge
please.

About 2 years ago mother-in-law took in a stray adult male cat. Last
winter it bit her boy.

Earlier last week my 79 year old mother-in-law fed it and was walking
away when it launched into her leg and really bit her in 2 spots. She
has been in the hospital now for 5 days on an intravenus and
antibiotics and her leg is swelled and infected and the first couple
days her temp was up. It is finally draining today and they did an
MRI to see if the cat hit the bone for whatever reason.

The cat was put down which I do not know if I agree with but it is
done so purrs for it on his trip to the bridge please.

TIA

Mother-in-law went home today. Sweeling went down in leg and temp
back to normal so the doc let her go. No more making 2 / 3 trips to
her house to let dog out daily or setting at hospital to keep her
company!!

Old August 12th 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Cheryl" wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

Geez, that's not good. We'll send purrs that Shamrock will calm down
his famous photogenic head.

I can sympathize right now, in a small way. Today, I was napping with
Dot in the crook of my arm, when I startled her when shifting my
weight, and she jumped about two feet in the air, using my arm as a
launching pad. I've never seen scratches this deep in my arm before;
it's quite fascinating to look at.