Some things too funny not to post

Old August 8th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Some things too funny not to post

I read this and don't know how to post link things but it is too funny not
to share.

This morning I went to sign my Cats up for welfare. At first the lady said,
"Cats are not eligible to draw welfare." So I explained to her that my Cats
are mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no
frigging
clue who their Daddy's are. They expect me to feed them, provide them with
housing and medical care. So she looked in her policy book to see what it
takes
to qualify. My Cats get their first checks Friday.

Damn, this is a great country

Old August 8th 10, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Stormmee wrote:
excellent, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
I read this and don't know how to post link things but it is too funny not
to share.

This morning I went to sign my Cats up for welfare. At first the lady
said,
"Cats are not eligible to draw welfare." So I explained to her that my
Cats
are mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no
frigging
clue who their Daddy's are. They expect me to feed them, provide them
with
housing and medical care. So she looked in her policy book to see what it
takes
to qualify. My Cats get their first checks Friday.

Damn, this is a great country

I do see the intended point of the joke, but....my cats are hard-working
mouse-frighteners, and quite healthy; unlike the people I know best who
are on our equivalent of welfare. They are quite unable to work due to
serious, chronic and in one case, terminal illnesses.

Yes, we have our layabouts and frauds, but still...

One of friends on whatever you want to call that type of government
assistance will very likely get more bad news when she sees her doctor -
paid for, like mine, by our health care system - next week, and perhaps
that's why the 'joke' kind of hit me the wrong way.

--
Cheryl P.
Old August 8th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

one of the reasons this is funny/sad to me and gramby is we see both of this
every day in our work... we both have friends who need assistance and can't
get it, we also both work in rest stops and hear the partying groups*insert
group of choice here as no race/ethinic group has a corner on this* that
travel from detroit/chicago/indinapolis/ STL to clollect the "fed paychecks"
and brag/laugh about it openly, Lee
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Aug 8, 11:32 am, "Cheryl P." wrote:
Stormmee wrote:
excellent, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

You ain't alone, kid. I seriously doubt many in Illinois or Ohio are
heavily
into the AZ law challenges and all they entail, but I am positive our
Texan
and AZ and NM regs know all the details. Of that I will say no more
but
know that bringing up this subject is a fuse-lighter where I am no
matter
what you opinion is.
I am sure Granby did not realize the above. The quote *is* very clever
in its
wording and on that note....
My cat is a street thug. He does NOT collect welfare, but works in a
warehouse
driving a forklift. He talks trash talk in questionable 'hoods, wears
his gray fur
with his b***crack showing, and bullies smaller members of his kind.
The only
thing he lacks from being totally macho is that football is still a
frightening
mystery to him. I keep telling him, to no avail, that DA MAN does not
go hide
under his mama's bed when danger threatens.
There are certain topics heavily discussed lately that I keep my mouth
shut about.
One of our friends indirectly brought one up yesterday (BP oil spill).
I will say no
more other than all my remaining relatives except a few in Tenn. live
and work in
Gulf coast FL or Gulf coast delta of LA. Did you ever see adult men
crying as they
try to clean up beaches near where they live?

Old August 8th 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

LOL Hmmm, a consideration..and I think we should be able to declare
them as dependents on our tax forms..oh yeah... thank you for poasting that

Love Kyla

"Granby"

Old August 8th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Stormmee wrote:
one of the reasons this is funny/sad to me and gramby is we see both of this
every day in our work... we both have friends who need assistance and can't
get it, we also both work in rest stops and hear the partying groups*insert
group of choice here as no race/ethinic group has a corner on this* that
travel from detroit/chicago/indinapolis/ STL to clollect the "fed paychecks"
and brag/laugh about it openly, Lee

Oh, yes, there are always some who scam any program or person they can.
Some of them live better than - and mock - relatives and others - who
try to live honestly - even or especially when they must accept help
from others.

--
Cheryl
Old August 8th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Didn't mean to offend anyone, for all the world, I didn't. Just saw this
and thought the way things in this world are going found it not be out of
the realm of possibility. Sorry, funny thing gone bad.
"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Stormmee wrote:
excellent, Lee

Old August 8th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 8, 11:35*am, "Granby" wrote:
I read this and don't know how to post link things but it is too funny not
to share.

This morning I went to sign my Cats up for welfare. *At first the lady said,
"Cats are not eligible to draw welfare." So I explained to her that my Cats
are mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no
frigging
clue who their Daddy's are. *They expect me to feed them, provide them with
housing and medical care. So she looked in her policy book to see what it
takes
to qualify. My Cats get their first checks Friday.

Damn, this is a great country

Well, I kind of think of my cats as little furry children with speech
impediments.
Or at least that's how I tend to treat them, so getting a job would be
out
of the question for them. However, if Frank *had* been gainfully
employed
he would now be eligible for Social Security pension, since he is 69
years
old. See your cat's age in human years:
http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-age-calculator

Frank's still pretty feisty for a 69-year-old. I think at the very
least he ought
to get a Senior discount at the vet's and at Petsmart, don't you?

Sherry
Old August 8th 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Granby wrote:
Didn't mean to offend anyone, for all the world, I didn't. Just saw this
and thought the way things in this world are going found it not be out of
the realm of possibility. Sorry, funny thing gone bad.
"Cheryl P." wrote in message
Stormmee wrote:
excellent, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

IMHO this has not "gone bad" but is "priceless Just depends on how
one looks at it. The original intent (IMHO) was humor and it was
followed up also with that intent. But true humor also has a serious
side. Thanks for posting. MLB

They know things Cheryl Cat anecdotes 7 January 27th 09 08:10 PM
Things to do... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 September 4th 07 02:00 PM
Funny funny feline video! MGW Cat health & behaviour 4 March 10th 04 04:24 AM
I need to know some things Mike Cat health & behaviour 9 November 11th 03 08:36 AM