Please Help Cat Vomiting..

Old October 7th 04, 12:02 PM
Pelusa

Default Please Help Cat Vomiting..

Hi All,

Our 9 month old cat has started throwing up repeatedly in the
last 24 hrs. The last time was just now. Not sure what to do, and
vets are expensive. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? For
now I will take his food for the day while I am at work and then try
again tonight with wet food. Any other thoughts?? Thank you to all
who can help us through this tough time for our cat.

Pelusa
Old October 7th 04, 01:28 PM
Leslie

Please take to a vet!

"you can tell alot
about a people or person in how they treat animals"

Old October 7th 04, 01:28 PM
Leslie

Old October 7th 04, 02:46 PM
Compatissant

Hi All,

Our 9 month old cat has started throwing up repeatedly in the
last 24 hrs. The last time was just now. Not sure what to do, and
vets are expensive. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? For
now I will take his food for the day while I am at work and then try
again tonight with wet food. Any other thoughts?? Thank you to all
who can help us through this tough time for our cat.

Pelusa

Pelusa,

Take this cat to a vet! If you can't afford it, you shouldn't have animals!

Diane

Old October 7th 04, 03:58 PM
Phil P.

"Pelusa" wrote in message

Hi All,

Our 9 month old cat has started throwing up repeatedly in the
last 24 hrs. The last time was just now. Not sure what to do, and
vets are expensive. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? For
now I will take his food for the day while I am at work and then try
again tonight with wet food. Any other thoughts?? Thank you to all
who can help us through this tough time for our cat.

Vomiting has many possible causes - from minor gastritis or hairballs to
life-threatening gastrointestinal foreign objects. For example,
obstructions in the stomach and upper part of the intestines will cause
repeated vomiting.

I suggest you take your cat to a vet ASAP. Even if the cause of his
vomiting is not serious he can quickly become critically dehydrated - which
can also predispose him to a life-threatening urinary tract obstruction.

Phil

Old October 7th 04, 06:08 PM
Mary

"Pelusa" wrote in message

Hi All,

Our 9 month old cat has started throwing up repeatedly in the last

24 hrs. The last time was just now. Not sure what to do, and vets are
expensive.

They are not that expensive, when is the last time you went?

Anyway, he might have gotten into something. When my cat did that I took her
in and they gave her pills to stop her from vomiting and she was okay, but
you can't tell why yours if vomiting. It troubles me that you knew she was
sick then left her alone all day. You know you can afford to take this cat
to the vet.

Has anyone dealt with this situation before? For
now I will take his food for the day while I am at work and then try
again tonight with wet food. Any other thoughts?? Thank you to all
who can help us through this tough time for our cat.

Pelusa

Here is one. You are working, therefore you have income. If your cat is not
dead when you get home take her in asap.