Purrs? PLEASE!

Old January 5th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Default Why couldn't I fall for an orphan?

Lesley wrote:
On Jan 5, 1:54 pm, "Joy" wrote:

. I
don't think I've ever known anybody who had to deal with so
many
different kinds of problems.

Many years ago someone told me God never gives you more than
you can
carry

At this moment in time my prayers tend to be along the lines
of:

"Oh God thou art all knowing etc but you got my carrying
capacity
wrong!"

(Whatever or whoever your God, substitute their name for "Lord")

Footsteps In The Sand (Author: Anon.)

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along
the beach with the Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene, he noticed
two sets of footprints in the sand,
one beloning to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the
very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life there is
only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most
you would leave me."

The Lord replied "My precious, precious child,
I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffereing,
when you see only one set of footprints in the sand,
it was then that I carried you."

--

MatSav

Old January 6th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

He may not give you more than you can stand but, with so many people with
the same name, you hafta wonder if maybe he got me mixed up with someone
else!!
"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...

Old January 6th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Purrs? PLEASE!

Lesley wrote:
Here we are sitting around waiting for our takeaway when the next
bombshell lands on us!

I don't know if I mentioned it before but Dave's dad has vascular
dementia and over the last year or two we've had to the occasional
call from his mum about "one of his turns" (Dave doesn't know half of
it his mum insists I can't tell him - his dad will just go and on a
few occasions she's had to hide in the bathroom because she's
terrified and he's kicked in doors he's a sweet gentle guy who never
did no-one harm it's so cruel he's got this he isn't even 70 and its
put paid to the long happy retirement they planned) then she called
Boxing Day because he had a turn then yesterday he thought his other
son and kids were there (Dave's mum said they were going to Sonia's
dad- Sonia is my sort of SIL- Dave's mum regards me as a daughter even
through we are not married- for this Xmas since Sonia's mum died this
year but I do wonder whether she put them off) then she calls me
today almost in tears he's had two " really bad turns" today. Her
health isn't that good and she's coping on her own with no support-
apparently the nurses come every couple of months and he's always okay
when they come and also I strongly suspect she's been covering up but
now she's at her wits end.

snip
Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 1st 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Purrs? PLEASE!- Update

Hi All

Finally I think Dave's mum has agreed that she can't cope on her own
with his dad anymore. She called me yesterday to tell me that social
services have been called in by the nurse (although she's still saying
she doesn;t want those "Nosy social workers to know our business") and
it looks like as long as they can persuade him to go (difficult bit)
he'll be taken to hospital for 1-2 weeks for assessment once a place
can be found. She's still insisting he can drive through because she
needs him to be able to do that so she can go and get her hair done.
Dave thinks she's a bit crazy and not helping. I think she's just
trying to cling onto normality which is understandable.. She just
keeps saying how they never spent more than a night or so apart and
she doesn't want to be in the house on her own

Oh dear....just realised this and the next update I want to send and
the new thread I am about to post, none of them are good news...I
guess I am going to be asking for extreme purrs for a good few friends

Old February 1st 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:

Hi All

Finally I think Dave's mum has agreed that she can't cope on her own
with his dad anymore. snip
Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 3rd 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Lesley wrote:

[...]

Purrs on the way, Lesley.
Sam, supervised by Mistletoe