Some cats do this... (BW)

Old September 1st 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Some cats do this... (BW)

BW!! BW!! BW!!!

Some cats do something like this when you scratch their backs (one of mine
used to do it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRWRSfcDuQ

BW!!! BW!!!

Old September 1st 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 31, 11:04�pm, "Pat" wrote:
BW!! BW!! BW!!!

Some cats do something like this when you scratch their backs (one of mine
used to do it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRWRSfcDuQ

BW!!! BW!!!

I couldn't tell what was going on. Was someone just scratching it on
the back?

Sherry

Old September 1st 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Sherry wrote:
On Aug 31, 11:04�pm, "Pat" wrote:
BW!! BW!! BW!!!

Some cats do something like this when you scratch their backs (one of mine
used to do it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRWRSfcDuQ

BW!!! BW!!!

I couldn't tell what was going on. Was someone just scratching it on
the back?

Sherry

Scratching their back, right at the base of the tail gets this sort of
reaction from some cats. Most of mine just enjoy it for a second, then
they try to get away from it. Except ol' fat Tennessee - he tries to
'lick' the air around him, and even does some of that biting that they
do with their front teeth - not a good idea to do this to a cat when
it's on your lap, and you are in your jammies (no bra)...

Can you see where this is heading?

Yup, Tennessee is a nipple-biter.

Yup. it hurt!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old September 1st 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 1, 5:26�am, Magic Mood Jeep � wrote:
Sherry wrote:
On Aug 31, 11:04 pm, "Pat" wrote:
[...]

�^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)�
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjee.

Ouch!
Okay, I remember something about this now. Because Cherokee used to
lick his paws everytime
you scratched him at the base of his tail. It turned into a parlor
trick; we'd say "Cherokee! Your
paws are dirty!" Then scratch him for the amusement of friends.....but
it seems now I remember
reading something about this, and it turned out to be some kind of
neurological / nerve disorder.
My curiousity is piqued, but unfortunately my google finger isn't
awake yet. :-)

Sherry
Old September 2nd 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

On Sep 1, 5:26?am, Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

Scratching their back, right at the base of the tail gets this sort of
reaction from some cats. Most of mine just enjoy it for a second, then
they try to get away from it. ?Except ol' fat Tennessee - he tries to
'lick' the air around him, and even does some of that biting that they
do with their front teeth - not a good idea to do this to a cat when
it's on your lap, and you are in your jammies (no bra)...

Okay, I remember something about this now. Because Cherokee used to
lick his paws everytime you scratched him at the base of his tail. It
turned into a parlor trick; we'd say "Cherokee! Your paws are dirty!"
Then scratch him for the amusement of friends.....but it seems now I
remember reading something about this, and it turned out to be some
kind of neurological / nerve disorder.

I thought this was just a leftover sexual response. And I've seen
quite a few Youtubes of kitties making those weird facial expressions
and noises when scratched (or patted) at the base of their tail. I
don't think it's an uncommon response, although none of my kitties do
it. (But they all like being scratched at the base of their tails.)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old September 2nd 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

When you scritch Mir's brother Emil at the base of his tail, his tail
first turns into a corkscrew shape, then he falls over on his side and
expects full-body petting.

Here he is on his way down:

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_0950.jpg

That's funny. It looks like he's being pushed into the rock. Come to think
of it, he kind of matches the rock.

He looks very happy in that picture.

--
Joyce ^..^