Neighbors. ;)

Old September 1st 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Neighbors. ;)

Out on my morning walk-run, I often see the same friendly neighborhood
animals. For example, there's a lovely mastiff dog who always brightens my
day-- if you can imagine such a thing. When I come to visit him, he likes to
show me his toys, all covered in slobber. ;P

There's a Doberman bitch I call "Miss Beautiful," because her coat always
shines like a mirror, and she poses like a fashion model.

There are some cats I see regularly, too. I espacially like a pretty little
tabby and white girl with dark eyeliner. She is missing a tail-- I can't
tell if it is congenital or if she lost it somehow. But she sure has a cute
little bunny butt.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 1st 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

There are some cats I see regularly, too. I espacially like a pretty little
tabby and white girl with dark eyeliner. She is missing a tail-- I can't
tell if it is congenital or if she lost it somehow. But she sure has a cute
little bunny butt.

Aww, so nice. Tyhe only animals I see out and about here are my own cats
in the enclosure. They provide amusement to all the neighbourhood kids,
too.

Old September 1st 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

There are some cats I see regularly, too. I espacially like a pretty little
tabby and white girl with dark eyeliner. She is missing a tail-- I can't
tell if it is congenital or if she lost it somehow. But she sure has a cute
little bunny butt.

When Smudge and I go on our walks, we see quite a few of the neighborhood
cats. Smudge is never happy to see them, and growls and hisses at *all*
of them. Spoils my ability to get to know them, because although many of
them seem willing to come sniff my hand and let me pet them, they're too
wary of Smudge to come too near.

In any case, here's a sampling of the neighbor kitties:

* A pretty little black cat who lets me pet her, but then suddenly turns
into a hissing, swatting wacko for no apparent reason. Her human says
she's just like that, even with her family.

* A dilute calico who lives in a nearby apartment building. She's very
cute and sweet, but Smudge detests her, so I have yet to pet her! But
she also likes to go on walks with her humans, and I sometimes see
her trotting behind them the way Smudge does with me.

* The gang who live in a house across the street - two oranges and a
brown tabby. The orange kitties are fairly friendly to me, and seem
to co-exist with Smudge OK. The brown tabby is a big bully who likes
to terrorize the local cats, but like all bullies, he runs from anyone
bigger than he is - eg, me. But I sort of like him anyway. I often
see him on the landing right outside my front door when I open the
door to go outside, surprising both of us. His name is Graham. This
gang lives with the guy who helped free Smudge from another neighbor's
garage, 2 years ago. These stupid cats like to curl up and sleep in
the middle of the street! (Which doesn't get much traffic, at least.)
I guess the asphalt is nice and warm.

* Another little black cat (boy) who lives on a nearby street. Also on
hissing terms with Smudge.

There are quite a few more who I have seen when walking without Smudge,
a bit further away from my place, including a handsome tux kitty, a
slender stripey teenager cat, and another black & white boy. Most are
friendly enough at least for a quick sniff and scritch.

No wonder Smudge is always so anxious to go out. She has to maintain her
presecence and keep her status up in a very busy neighborhood!

--
Joyce ^..^