Spicey for the seasons

Old October 22nd 12, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey for the seasons

Ever since I was severely bitten by Spicey, I've rolled back some of the
hand contact I had been attempting with Spicey. For now, I no longer try to
pet her on the head or grab a little bit of her back fur, things that I had
been doing that deliberately mimic some of the preparatory motions for
testing blood and giving an injection.

I want to serve Spicey by getting her more tame, but at the same time, I
can't serve her by ending up in the hospital. I mused to myself that things
didn't look all that great for her when her last purrson ended up in the
hospital!

But when Spicey prances alongside me, giving me her loud purr and huge
eyes, I just want to pick her up and hold her. I think it will happen.
Maybe not this week, or this month, or this season. But soon.

Maybe this October, Spicey will play a trick, but not if I give her treats.

Maybe this November, she'll give me something to be thankful about.

Maybe this December, her gift will be some cuddles and a kiss under a
mistletoe.

Maybe come January, a hug will have to wait as a near term resolution.

Or maybe in February, we'll find true love with each other.

Well, none of it is yet written. But isn't it reasonable to expect each
season to bring its own crop of kitty possibilities?
Old October 22nd 12, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 10/22/2012 2:10 AM, Takayuki wrote:
Ever since I was severely bitten by Spicey, I've rolled back some of the
hand contact I had been attempting with Spicey. For now, I no longer try to
pet her on the head or grab a little bit of her back fur, things that I had
been doing that deliberately mimic some of the preparatory motions for
testing blood and giving an injection.

I want to serve Spicey by getting her more tame, but at the same time, I
can't serve her by ending up in the hospital. I mused to myself that things
didn't look all that great for her when her last purrson ended up in thThis is some thing you might e
hospital!

But when Spicey prances alongside me, giving me her loud purr and huge
eyes, I just want to pick her up and hold her. I think it will happen.
Maybe not this week, or this month, or this season. But soon.

Maybe this October, Spicey will play a trick, but not if I give her treats.

Maybe this November, she'll give me something to be thankful about.

Maybe this December, her gift will be some cuddles and a kiss under a
mistletoe.

Maybe come January, a hug will have to wait as a near term resolution.

Or maybe in February, we'll find true love with each other.

Well, none of it is yet written. But isn't it reasonable to expect each
season to bring its own crop of kitty possibilities?

Have you talked to your vet about her behavior and getting her tamer?
There are pet behaviorist in my area that do a local radio show and they
have a lot of good info for people. This is some thing you might want to
talk to your vet about.There should be some one in your area.

Ann

Old October 22nd 12, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:37:25 -0400, ann791 wrote:
Have you talked to your vet about her behavior and getting her tamer?
There are pet behaviorist in my area that do a local radio show and they
have a lot of good info for people. This is some thing you might want to
talk to your vet about.There should be some one in your area.

Ann

They can refer me to some behaviorists, although they said I'd have to
bring her in.
Old October 22nd 12, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:51:03 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:
What a lovely post!! I love the paragraph about her prancing alongside
you. It makes me want to hug her. You are doing such a good job, she seems
to be fond of you already.

Purrs that all comes true.

She's usually a very curious and happy little girl!
Old October 22nd 12, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
What a lovely post!! I love the paragraph about her prancing alongside
you. It makes me want to hug her. You are doing such a good job, she seems
to be fond of you already.

Purrs that all comes true.

She's usually a very curious and happy little girl!

She is more than fortunate. She hit the jackpot.

Tweed

Old October 22nd 12, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Be patient (and you most surely are). Everything will fall into place.
And even if it takes a long time, Spicey will always know that this
kind man gave her a home and love. I loved Jazz (RB) too, but boy, was
he mean! And still I was the only person he'd let touch him. Bast knows
what you are doing, and in her own time, she will bless your union.

Lily's mama

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

"Takayuki" wrote in message

[...]

It's Spicey every day Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 October 9th 12 08:48 PM
Where's Spicey? Joy Cat anecdotes 1 October 8th 12 11:23 PM
Photos of Spicey at the vet Takayuki Cat anecdotes 5 October 7th 12 03:26 PM
Seasons Greetings Sandra Cat anecdotes 0 December 24th 05 11:42 AM
Spicey Pics SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 10 October 4th 03 07:06 AM