Lester: RB

Old December 11th 03, 09:36 PM
Julie Cook

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

The night doctor called. Lester has taken a bad turn for the worse and was
described as being noticably worse than when we brought him in. He had been
on oxygen and under constant attention in the two hours since we left.

They recommended and asked for permission to euthanize. We sadly gave the
goahead.

Don't bother to fill up the newsgroup with "I'm sorry" messages - it's a given
and I'm very appreciative of everyones' support and obvious concern about a
kitty you'd never met.

Art,

I am so very sorry that you had to make the ultimate sacrifice and help
Lester on his journey to the Bridge. We will light a candle tonight to
help guide him on his journey. Special purrs and gentle headbutts to you
and your family for your loss.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old December 11th 03, 10:08 PM
Tanada

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

He was a really good, gentle cat; having him for 15 1/2 years + two days was
always a pleasure, even in those last years where he tended to stay out of the
mainstream in one of the bedrooms. At least the surgery gave us a couple
extra weeks, and I really believe he wasn't particularly unhappy until the
sudden spiral this evening.

While not unexpected, this has been a horrible blow for you and your
wife. Please accept our condolences and sympathy on the loss of your
beloved Lester. He was a grand cat with a wonderful name.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old December 11th 03, 10:42 PM
polonca12000

We are thinking of you. Hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
The night doctor called. Lester has taken a bad turn for the worse and

was
described as being noticably worse than when we brought him in. snip

Old December 12th 03, 12:21 AM
Annie Wxill

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
.... They recommended and asked for permission to euthanize. We sadly gave
the
goahead.
.. Art

Condolences and healing thoughts to help you through this difficult time.
Annie

Old December 12th 03, 12:36 AM
Steve Touchstone

A candle is lit and the crew here are purring away

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 12th 03, 01:52 AM

It might be that Arthur actually doesn't *want* "I'm sorry" messages
because, although they've very comforting to some people, they might be
painful or even irritating to others. I can occasionally be that way
myself, especially if I feel not only very sad, but angry about the
loss. Maybe Arthur feels angry at the world for taking away Lester -
that would be a reasonable response. When I'm in that state, I often
feel like, "Just leave me alone in my misery and don't bug me with
useless sympathy."

That doesn't mean that people who offer sympathy are being useless!
It's just that it can sometimes feel that way to the grieving (or
otherwise upset) person. I try to leave such people in peace until they
indicate that they want to talk or have company, etc.

Anyway, that's how I took Arthur's message, fwiw.

Joyce
Old December 12th 03, 02:05 AM
Brenda

[...]

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at

this ISP to reach me

it's never easy - comforting hugs.
Brenda

Old December 12th 03, 02:18 AM
Yoj

I agree with you, Joyce. There is also the fact that reading
expressions of sympathy can be painful to someone who has suffered a
loss. After my husband died (over 17 years ago, so no need for sympathy
messages), I would occasionally encounter, or get a phone call, from
someone who did not know. I dreaded telling them, because then I had to
deal with the sympathy.

--
Joy

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter (or Summer) Solstice,
Hogmanay and New Year! If that didn't cover it, Season's Greetings!