Jjohn Rescues Bonnie!

Old December 14th 03, 09:16 PM
Bev

Default Jjohn Rescues Bonnie!

You may remember Bonnie having swims in the washing water when a
kitten. She jumped into a full tub of soapy water (twice) and had to
be rinsed and towelled down. Now Burmese are supposed to be smart,
right Lois, lol. Not so.

This morning I forgot to shut the washhouse door and yes, there was a
full tub of quite hot soapy water. John found me at the other end of
the house and you'd have thought I had committed the crime of the
century.

"Bonnie got into the washhouse," he said in an accusing voice.

My heat sank. OMG, surely she was past leaping into the tub of water.

John went on. "I was right behind her and she sprang into the tub,
but, " the look on his face was something to see, "I caught her in
midair, just above the tub."

I found two medals in the bedroom drawer and pinned them to his chest.
I also found a dunce's hat and put it on Bonnie!!
Me, I was awarded the twerp of the year.

Bev
--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.
Old December 14th 03, 09:35 PM
Lois Reay

Give her credit Bev, she probably thought it was cold water and wanted to
cool off from all this heat!!!!!!!! you will have to supply her with a
bikini!

Lois
PS Has your post been today?

Old December 15th 03, 04:28 AM
Tish S

I met a Burmese last week that makes a lie of all Lois and Bev's
stories. Dave and I were out of town for a conference, staying in a
motel. The two days before we were due to leave, I discovered that
the motel had a "shop cat" - a pure-bred Burmese chocolate boy called
Buddy. Buddy is 10 and is the most laid-back, easy-going, boofheaded
boycat I've ever met (and he's distinctly "fluffy" too!). Buddy looks
like he never goes *anywhere* in a hurry and has worked out how to
pick the motel patrons most likely to be cat-friendly. Sure did make
our stay that bit extra special!

I actually *do* believe Lois and Bev's stories because I've met more
frenetic Burmese than otherwise, but meeting Buddy helped to put a
different perspective on the breed and, who knows, maybe B&C will
become just like him in a decade or so!!

Tish

"Lois Reay" wrote in message ...
Give her credit Bev, she probably thought it was cold water and wanted to
cool off from all this heat!!!!!!!! you will have to supply her with a
bikini!

Lois

[cute Bonnie story snipped]
Old December 15th 03, 05:40 AM
Bev

CATherine wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:16:48 +1300, Bev wrote:

[...]

Does John play ball? Is he good at catching a ball? Or was it dumb
luck catching Bonnie? I hope she wasn't mad at being prevented from
taking a bath. I hope she isn't plotting revenge. Is she corresponding
with Shmoggleberry since then? :-) How is Clyde doing?

CATherine

I have to stress John's bravery in catching Bonnie mid-air. You see
Bonnie is a 'wrap-around-cat'. She suffers from a deep sense of
insecurity and instantly wraps her paws and claws around anyone picking
her up. I suspect it all comes from some deep kittenhood trauma.
Perhaps Lois didn't jump to attention fast enough when she yowled.
Perhaps she secrety climbed the stairs and fell down on her head. It
could be anything. Fortunately John had on a long sleeved shirt but the
claws still got through. I am certain Clyde would have followed her
into the tub if he had been there - the pair are usually glued at the
hips. But Clyde is not a 'wrap-around-cat' and lies peacefully in your
arms with a big smile on his face.

As for the pair growing out of their naughty ways - roflmho.

Bev
--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.
Old December 15th 03, 01:59 PM
Adrian

Bev wrote:
[...]

I expect Bonnie was testing John's reactions. :-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old December 15th 03, 10:02 PM
polonca12000

John certainly has great reflexes.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Bev" wrote in message
snip John went on. "I was right behind her and she sprang into the tub,
but, " the look on his face was something to see, "I caught her in
midair, just above the tub."

I found two medals in the bedroom drawer and pinned them to his chest.
I also found a dunce's hat and put it on Bonnie!!
Me, I was awarded the twerp of the year.

Bev
--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.

Bonnie - Forbidden Fruit Bev Cat anecdotes 4 November 24th 03 01:18 AM
Bonnie!! Bev Cat anecdotes 15 November 5th 03 06:08 PM
A Bonnie Story (glimpse into her purrsonality) MaryL Cat anecdotes 3 September 18th 03 07:35 AM
Bonnie touched me all on her own Cheryl Cat anecdotes 8 September 3rd 03 12:17 AM
Three Stikes and you're Out - Bonnie Bev Cat anecdotes 5 August 25th 03 07:57 AM