Best Friends

Old April 1st 05, 03:37 AM
Laura M

Default Best Friends

My kitties are the best of friends. I just have to post this here
because I've never seen two kitties care for each other like these two.
(Proud mom, eh?) They play together, wash each other, sleep together
and follow me around together. They have never hissed. Never! At
least not that I've heard. I've had cats all my life and sometimes
they hiss. They're cats afterall. But these two...they eat out of the
same bowl, courtiously taking turns I might add. They are just the
best! Ah. I feel better now.

Old April 1st 05, 04:42 AM
Laura M

Ah...Emma and Hobbes. I don't have digital pictures handy. Rats!
They're not related...they were both feral and now are the most loving
kitties! Emma is a medium-length black-haired 10 lb. cat with the most
amazing green eyes. Hobbes is an orange main coonish long-haired 18 lb
boy. Thanks for asking! I love talking about them!

Old April 1st 05, 04:44 AM
Mary

"Laura M" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ah...Emma and Hobbes. I don't have digital pictures handy. Rats!
They're not related...they were both feral and now are the most loving
kitties! Emma is a medium-length black-haired 10 lb. cat with the most
amazing green eyes. Hobbes is an orange main coonish long-haired 18 lb
boy. Thanks for asking! I love talking about them!

When you ave some time you can go to yahoo.com or webshots
and make a photo album of them, then post the link here. We'd
love to see them.

As for talking about them, this is the place! As much as many of us
cannot stand one another, we all tend to love cats!

Old April 1st 05, 08:15 AM
Phil P.

"Laura M" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ah...Emma and Hobbes. I don't have digital pictures handy. Rats!
They're not related...they were both feral and now are the most loving
kitties! Emma is a medium-length black-haired 10 lb. cat with the most
amazing green eyes. Hobbes is an orange main coonish long-haired 18 lb
boy. Thanks for asking! I love talking about them!

I really enjoy reading stories like yours!

Actually, I think ferals form closer relationships with other cats and much
easier than most shelter and store-bought cats because most ferals come from
colonies and are used to living with other cats. Eliminating the
competition for sex, food and shelter further allows certain facets of the
cats' true personalities to emerge which otherwise might not have and also
gives them the freedom to shape their little communities as they please.

Ferals are truly fascinating -- but then again, so are all cats!

Stories like yours make me wonder where some researchers had their heads for
many years when they said cats are 'asocial' and solitary!

Best of luck!

Phil.

Old April 1st 05, 04:58 PM
Laura M

Phil P. wrote:

[...]

Ah, that's quite interesting about feral relationships. I had never
thought of it in that way, but it makes sense! When I initially met my
husband he didn't know I had cats and had mentioned how he didn't like
them. Honestly, that was really hard for me to overlook...but then, he
said he'd never had one so I thought he might warm up to mine. Well,
we've been together almost 4 years now, married for almost 2 and he
loves my kitties. Emma absolutely adores him. She sits with him on
his recliner and he strokes her fur while we watch tv. It's so cute!
Asocial and solitary? Hmpf! :^)

RB purrs for my friend's cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 23 January 6th 05 03:38 PM
Thanks for our "small-brained" friends [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 November 19th 04 02:42 AM
Visiting your friends cats O J Cat anecdotes 17 September 29th 04 04:41 PM
Best Friends - OT O J Cat anecdotes 33 September 12th 04 09:03 PM
Friends for 2 years now enemies! Ross Irvine Cat health & behaviour 26 February 17th 04 04:48 PM