Better news fur Diana & Ryan

Old April 1st 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory[_2_]

Default Better news fur Diana & Ryan

On Mar 31, 10:35*pm, Lucy wrote:
I'm THRILLED! I bet it's a happy evening at your house!

I'd be skeptical of anyone else with 43 cats, but ... the difference is
Heather. Heather is filled with love for every one of those cats, and I
think they are lucky kitties to have landed with her.

Julie

Stupid question, mayhap, but is that Heather Paque sp? you're
referring to?

--- Unca Cory

No, it's Heather Rennie.

Julie

Ooh! Ooh! Da Rennie Furkidz!!! I rememfurz dem!!!

UB ~ Are you sure, Onyx?

--- Onyx
Old April 1st 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

Cory wrote:
On Mar 31, 10:35 pm, Lucy wrote:
I'm THRILLED! I bet it's a happy evening at your house!
I'd be skeptical of anyone else with 43 cats, but ... the difference is
Heather. Heather is filled with love for every one of those cats, and I
think they are lucky kitties to have landed with her.
Julie
Stupid question, mayhap, but is that Heather Paque sp? you're
referring to?
--- Unca Cory

No, it's Heather Rennie.

Julie

Ooh! Ooh! Da Rennie Furkidz!!! I rememfurz dem!!!

UB ~ Are you sure, Onyx?

--- Onyx

Well, keep your eyes open, Onyx, they might be back around again shortly!

anti Julie
Old April 1st 08, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Lucy" wrote in message

Cory wrote:
On Mar 31, 10:35 pm, Lucy
wrote:
I'm THRILLED! I bet it's a happy evening at your house!
I'd be skeptical of anyone else with 43 cats, but ... the
difference is
Heather. Heather is filled with love for every one of those cats,
and I
think they are lucky kitties to have landed with her.
Julie
Stupid question, mayhap, but is that Heather Paque sp? you're
referring to?
--- Unca Cory
No, it's Heather Rennie.

Julie

Ooh! Ooh! Da Rennie Furkidz!!! I rememfurz dem!!!

UB ~ Are you sure, Onyx?

--- Onyx

Well, keep your eyes open, Onyx, they might be back around again
shortly!

anti Julie

Oh Great!
That makes a BigDifference!

Antee Sylvia waves at Renee and the Furkids, and thanks her for the
Kissamouse cards over the years, and I think Sekrit Santaing tuu.
~~~//~~~
I yam releeft tuu!
Pit2nya

Old April 1st 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 03:39, Sylvia M wrote:

"Lucy" wrote in message

Cory wrote:
On Mar 31, 10:35 pm, Lucy
wrote:
[...]

I'ze haffing Fred forward emails fur posting, as soon as Heather gets
won together. She has sum klarifying tu du. Apparently Fred got sum
stuff rong, small stuffs, but Heather will set effurrything rite.
It luuks kwite gudgud fur me and Ryan, at leest the best we can do.

Diana, happy to be writin fur her house agin.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old April 1st 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Mar 30, 8:16 pm, Fred Williams wrote:
Hihi Kitties,
OK,... I was ready early, on purpose, to take Diana to the foster home
and I thought we'd spend some time together. I lay on the bed and
Diana came right to me and lay on my chest and then stomache and we
purred together for half an hour or more and said goodbye.
Then it went well getting her out of the house, except when I forgot
the address and had to climb back up the stairs. Diana got a little
car sick but not too bad and the foster home where she is staying is
like cat heaven. She will be in a third floor loft they all the dance
studio which is nice and warm and Diana loves to be warm. It has
windows and places where she can watch all sorts of urban wildlife in
the trees around her. But of course she will be alone except for the
orange Tom downstairs, separated by a door for the time being.
It all went much more easily than I thought. I actually felt not too
bad as I left her and drove home. They are good cat people and I can
tell they will be gentle with her, as she has become accustomed to.
Then I get home and there is an email telling me that an ex-rpcc member
has a place for both Ryan and Diana!!! Wow! Downside it that it's
several hundred miles away, OK, can overcome that, AND it's with a cat
rescue person I've never heard of who has 43 cats already in her 2500
sq ft home. Hmmmmmm. Would this be a kindness for my two children? I
have talked to her by phone and she seems like a wonderful cat person
and is totally dedicated to these animals, but I don't know if it would
be wise. They get to be together, and really together with a lot of
other cats, and it might be nice for them or it might be like a three
ring circus.
What do kitties think? Is it a good deal?
Should I give the current solution a chance? I'm undecided yet, and
advise from kitties here would be helpful.

--
Regards,
Fred, HC.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the length of this post, but
I'd to let those of you who don't know me get to know me as far as who
I am and what I do. I think this is very important under the
circumstances.

Hi every kitty and hoomin! This is Anti Heather of DaRennieKidz. I'm
not really an ex rpcc'er, but since my ISP took newsgroups away, I've
not been able to visit nearly as often as I would like. As well, I
now volunteer, and am on the Board of Directors of Abbey Cat
Adoptions, which, as I'm sure you can understand, keeps me very busy.

The kitties and I do make it to rpcc for the Jellicle Ball. Kissa
(and her wedwink Ralph) would be very upset with me if I didn't make
time for Kissa to post, as they man the reception desk.

There seems to be some confusion as to what's going to be happening
here, and I'd like to clear things up, and I hope, ease everyone's
mind.

Although I do work with Abbey Cat Adoptions, Diana and Ryan will NOT
be entering the Abbey Cats program. Instead, I have offered to take
them, hopefully on a temporary basis, till Fred can get back on his
feet and come to get them.

I will NOT be asking him to sign a surrender document, which means
that they will still belong to him (or him to them) while they are
here. They will NOT be posted anywhere for adoption. Consider it
boarding free of charge or visiting. If at some point, Fred feels he
will be unable to reclaim them, we will deal with adoption at that
time.

I would like to thank Julie and Stacey for their very kind words; they
brought tears to my eyes.

Sylvia, I'm glad your mind is at ease, now you know they are coming to
me, not just to someone I know. I remember Dyna, and how she was my
Liddle Zoé Underfoot's dear friend and mentor. They had some
wonderful adventures together, and Dyna did a great job keeping her in
line. It comforts me to know they are at the Rainbow Bridge together,
no doubt stirring things up there.sniff :-)

Mosey/Kyla, I'd like to let you know that I am an experienced cat
woman (close to 30 years now). I know every single cat in my home,
and am aware when one of them isn't acting normal, and could possibly
be sick. I have knowledge of most of the common feline illnesses, am
an expert at medicating, and have experience in subq'ing should the
need arise. I keep a supply of some medications on hand, so if
someone gets sick, I can start them on the road to recovery right away
instead of waiting till they can see the vet, which as I'm sure you
know. can be very traumatizing for them. I've been with the same vet
for 24 years now, and trust him completely. He has enough confidence
in my knowledge, that I can call him for medications, or simply for
advice.

Diana and Ryan will not simply be thrown in with everyone else. They
will have a room to themselves at first, and will be introduced to the
others slowly; properly.

quote Notice your 'nose' when she opens the door. What does the air
smell like?

With 43 cats in the house (or shelter for that matter), it's bound to
smell of cat, although I have had people come to adopt tell me that
they'd never know there were so many here.

quote see if it's clean

You may not be able to eat off my floors, or sit down without getting
cat hair on your clothes, but I do what I can to keep my place as
clean as possible. I must admit though that my walls and windows
don't get washed as often as they should. Even those of you who have
only a few cats know that half an hour after you vacuum or sweep
floors, the cat hair has already started to accumulate again.

quote do they have a lot of cat toys, cat furniture

I have a variety of cat furniture in the house. The futon and chair
in the spare bedroom were purchased specifically for the cats. Our
furniture is their furniture! We have a floor to ceiling window in
the living room, and it's not uncommon, especially on a bright sunny
day, to have at least half of them lying somewhere in the living room
taking in the sun. As for cat toys, there are plenty around, some of
them handmade with love by me.

quote litterboxes?

Obviously there isn't one litterbox per cat, however, everyone shares
the ones that are here without any problems.. They are cleaned out
twice a day. Some are covered, some uncovered to keep everyone
happy.

quote Ask about feeding time

The cats here get wet food twice a day - once in the morning as soon
as I get up, and again at supper time. Crunchies are left down for
those who don't like wet food, as well as for snacking. They do not
eat grocery store food, but instead get to dine on such brands as
Wellness, Innova, California Natural and Eagle Pack. Crunchies are
California Natural. I do not have a plate for each cat, but serve
meals on stainless steel plates, with enough on each plate for them to
eat in shifts/at their leisure. That is their choice. Those who
don't come to meals, get them delivered to them wherever they are. I
am clearly their slave. :-)

I want to assure everyone that I fully understand that Fred placing
his "kids" in care. My cats, as well as my fosters receive the same
amount of love and attention.

For those of you worried that I might be a hoarder, I'd like to
explain how I managed to belong to so many cats, and how I acquired
them. I'll save that for another post, since this one is becoming
novel length. Stay tuned for more.

Heather
Old April 1st 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca

Fangu, Anti Heather, fur da innerdukshin, an fur makin rum fur Diana an
Ryan. Whut yoo iz doin iz wunnerful an itz nice to see yoo agin.

Rebecca

Old April 1st 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats[_2_]

*da Porter cats reed what Anti Heather rote*

Ahem. We want tew go liff wif Anti Heather! Da fud sowns yummy.

MOL!

Old April 1st 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sebastian anna Joolian

Da Moon Kat gets da Catifurrnia Nachural dri anna Wellness kanned. We don get
doze cuz we haz "speshul needs" buttid effuri wunze inna wile meowmie gifs us
summa dat dri fud azza treet and we goze crazi offur it. in fakt, troof tu be
told Julian won't eet hiz fud unless he gets free or fur Catifurrnia Nachural
crunchiez in hiz fud.

Sebastian

In article ,
The Porter Cats says...

*da Porter cats reed what Anti Heather rote*

Ahem. We want tew go liff wif Anti Heather! Da fud sowns yummy.

MOL!

On Apr 1, 2:38=A0pm, wrote:

Hi every kitty and hoomin! =A0This is Anti Heather of DaRennieKidz. =A0I'm=

not really an ex rpcc'er, but since my ISP took newsgroups away, I've
not been able to visit nearly as often as I would like. =A0As well, I

Old April 1st 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Well yous will haf to wait. Ryan & I are goin to liff wif anti-Heather
first and ... well. we wish Fred wood stay wif us, but at leest we'll
be togeffer.
Fangu, Anti-Heather. We won't be enny problem at all, we promise.

Diana & Ryan. (Cinnamon nearby wonderin what is going on).

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 16:20, The Porter Cats wrote:

*da Porter cats reed what Anti Heather rote*

Ahem. We want tew go liff wif Anti Heather! Da fud sowns yummy.

MOL!

On Apr 1, 2:38Â*pm, wrote:

Hi every kitty and hoomin! Â*This is Anti Heather of DaRennieKidz.
I'm not really an ex rpcc'er, but since my ISP took newsgroups away,
I've not been able to visit nearly as often as I would like. Â*As