We haz rats

Old April 28th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default We haz rats

We has rats wit big heads. Or wnz anyways!

Momma says its a rat

Daddy and big sis claims its a dog!

They won't lets me play wif it. Should I kilz it to pertect my house?

Molly

(My daughter is the proud owner of a four week old Chihuahua. Pup's name is
Camile and she is going to be a beauty. But she has and is being hand
raised. So guess who gets to baby sit while she is at work. Much to the
dismay of the resident crew. Cam is only just starting to cut teeth and to
stand up and walk properly. She is eating an Esbilac and puppy food gruel.
Often. Very often. She has a hard time managing to eat enough to last her
very long. But she pees and poops normally and is starting to want to play.
Her tail when she's excited looks like a crooked piece of coat hanger wire.
Will definitely get pictures as soon as I charge the movie camera.)

Jo

Old April 28th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:06:13 -0700, jofirey wrote:

[...]

So now you have another baby to raise! Best wishes. MLB

Old April 28th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jofirey wrote:
[...]

Can't wait for the pics! What does Kayla say about the 'rat'?

Old April 28th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

(My daughter is the proud owner of a four week old Chihuahua. Pup's name
is Camile and she is going to be a beauty. But she has and is being hand
raised. So guess who gets to baby sit while she is at work. Much to the
dismay of the resident crew. Cam is only just starting to cut teeth and
to stand up and walk properly. She is eating an Esbilac and puppy food
gruel. Often. Very often. She has a hard time managing to eat enough to
last her very long. But she pees and poops normally and is starting to
want to play. Her tail when she's excited looks like a crooked piece of
coat hanger wire. Will definitely get pictures as soon as I charge the
movie camera.)

Jo

Careful with that 'rat'. Many years ago a neighbour of mine had a cat. Got
chihuahua puppy. Left puppy & cat in same room overnight. Next morning, no
puppy, one very well-fed feline. It was very expensive cat food...

Old April 28th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:36:57 -0400, wafflycat wrote:

Careful with that 'rat'. Many years ago a neighbour of mine had a cat. Got
chihuahua puppy. Left puppy & cat in same room overnight. Next morning, no
puppy, one very well-fed feline. It was very expensive cat food...

OMG!

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old April 29th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"wafflycat" wrote in message

[...]

We are being very careful. Grandson was even willing to sleep with his
bedroom door shut to keep the cats safely out.

The cats have checked Camile out with careful supervision, and they haven't
shown any stalking behavior. And both have been around very small dogs
before. But we aren't taking any chances.

Jo

Old April 29th 07, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

Careful with that 'rat'. Many years ago a neighbour of mine had a cat. Got
chihuahua puppy. Left puppy & cat in same room overnight. Next morning, no
puppy, one very well-fed feline. It was very expensive cat food...

Good God! That's awful!

Joyce
Old April 29th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message

[...]

I've heard of that happening too. Chi puppies are so tiny I suppose a cat
that hunts would have no problems looking upon them as prey.
Foxes here will also take them when they are adult if they nip out into the
garden for a call of nature at night, unsupervised, especially in the
cub-rearing season (which is now.) This is when a lot of cats go missing
too.

Tweed

Old April 29th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote in message

[...]

I'm just hoping my daughter is showing a little sense where her cats are
concerned. And that she keeps an eye on my grandson as well. He's nine.
He forgets things and doesn't always have great judgment. But I don't think
outdoors will be a problem.

A lot of Chihuahua owners train them to use "pee pads" indoors and never let
them outside. The woman who does my nails has a dog that is several years
old that has never been outdoors.

I'm not really sure what I think of the idea. But these tiny dogs are less
equipped to deal with the outdoors than even a cat.

And Camile is smaller right now than prey my cats have brought home. Except
for her very big head of course. I'm guessing that is why she's an orphan.
They have these guys bred down so small that they can't make it thru a
normal delivery.

I'm just glad she went home yesterday. Makes me nervous worrying about her.
Even if she is darling.

Jo