Holly is Sweet Sixteen

Old May 30th 11, 08:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Holly is Sweet Sixteen

Holly is “sweet sixteen” now...or will be in a couple of days, on June 1.
My sweet girl is an unbelievable sixteen years old. She came into my life
when she was only 6 months old, and she has been my loving (and greatly
loved) girl ever since. We often referred to her as “the black tornado”
earlier in her life because she would attack any other cat in my vicinity,
but she has adapted beautifully to Duffy. She is truly my shadow
kitty–anywhere I go, she is sure to follow. She does make it a bit awkward
to work on the computer because she immediately sits on the left of the
keyboard as soon as I sit down to work. But what a great excuse not to
accomplish very much! ;o) Holly’s name is a condensed version of “Holiday
Cat” because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
(actually, the day after Thanksgiving in 1995). She had been named Jinx
when I adopted her simply because she is black and was therefore seen as
“bad luck.” I could not accept that. She needed a more loving name, so she
soon became Holly.

Holly still has the nightly routine that I described in an earlier
message--I will hear a low-pitched “moaning” sound, look up, and there is
Holly headed toward me with her gift. It is always the same little red
mouse, and she will find it and bring it to me no matter where it is in the
house. She has worn out several of them, but she heads right for the red
mouse of that same type whenever I replace it. There was a time a few
months ago when I realized that she had stopped bringing it to me. Then I
“cleaned out” Duffy’s bed (where he buries large numbers of toys by pushing
them down into the seam). I found Holly’s mouse there, and she came dashing
across the room to grab it as soon as I pulled it out of Duffy’s bed! That
evening, she went back to her regular routine and brought it to me.

New photos:
Holly at Sweet Sixteen: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23812603

MaryL

Old May 30th 11, 10:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL wrote:

[...]

She's so pretty! I love the paw on your knee picture. No wonder you adore
her, she sounds like a sweetheart.

Happy Sweet 16 to a sweet girl!

Joyce

--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
Old May 30th 11, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Happy Purrday, Holly. I hope you have many more to come.

--
Adrian
Old May 30th 11, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

A very happy birthday to Holly, and Bast bless.

Lily & her mama

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

. ..

Old May 30th 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 30.5.2011 10:43, MaryL wrote:
Holly is “sweet sixteen” now...or will be in a couple of days, on June
1.

snip

New photos:
Holly at Sweet Sixteen: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23812603

She's such a beauty. Hoppy purrday, Holly!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old May 30th 11, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 30, 2:43*am, "MaryL" wrote:
[...]

Happy sweet sixteen to sweet Holly. Loved the pics. She really has
some unusual
features. Her eyes are so big and round, and from the profile pic she
looks to have
a really short muzzle. Such a special pretty girl.

Sherry
Old May 30th 11, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Happy purrday Holly!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 30th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..
Holly is "sweet sixteen" now...or will be in a couple of days, on June 1.
New photos:
Holly at Sweet Sixteen:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23812603

MaryL

Happy birthday Holly!

the knee photo and
and the last picture at the bottom
the one marked
23812603/397002035

are my favorite.

Old May 30th 11, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Congratulations to both of you ! She looks contented and has beauitiful, clear bright eyes.

May all of her future days be happy and healthy ones, MLB

Old May 30th 11, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On May 30, 3:43*am, "MaryL" wrote:
[...]

A very youthful sixteen, she's beautiful.

Suz&Spicey

Holly the lap cat MaryL Cat anecdotes 1 October 6th 05 02:28 AM
The Truth About Holly [email protected] Cat anecdotes 51 February 22nd 05 03:20 AM
Relayed From Holly CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 February 17th 05 07:47 PM
Holly - second day after surgery CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 February 16th 05 09:27 AM
Thinking of Holly CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 February 15th 05 05:25 AM