Cleaning for the fleas

Old December 3rd 12, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

Default Cleaning for the fleas

"Joy" wrote in
:

Reasonably warm? You call 50 F reasonably warm? Remind me never to
visit you in the winter. ;-)

Aw, Joy. The warmth of my personality and welcome wouldn't be enough?

Chak

--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
Old December 3rd 12, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Chak" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote in
:

Reasonably warm? You call 50 F reasonably warm? Remind me never to
visit you in the winter. ;-)

Aw, Joy. The warmth of my personality and welcome wouldn't be enough?

Chak

--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

;-)

Joy

Old December 12th 12, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Chak" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

It survives as long as it doesn't get to -10C or worse outside. If
there's a hint of this, I put a gas fire on overnight.
I think it was 2010 when the temps got so bad for so long that my
toilet inside froze. Despite heating my bathroom the overflow pipe
took in so much cold air from outside that the cistern froze up.
Fleas like warm houses. If I ever had them in the house - I don't
think I ever have - they just couldn't survive it during the winter.

Wow, that's the coldest I've ever heard of anyone keeping their house.
(That was terrible grammar, but it's late and I'm stupid.)

I keep the thermostat set at 50 in the winter, but I only turn it on if
I'm home and awake. So the apartment gets reasonably warm at least once
during the day. I don't let it go much lower because the cats don't
like it. They have heated beds, and in the winter don't do much but
stay in them.

You fail to realise there is no thermostat here. Either I stay in all day
and light the fire, or if I want to go out not bother.
It will go out if I do.
That's what makes me annoyed when I don't light my fire because a friend
says lets do something in the afternoon and then doesn't.
That makes me cold for the whole day. My sis-in law did this on Monday.
"Can't make it"
Too late to light the woodburner, it takes 6 hours to warm the room.

Old December 12th 12, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
"Chak" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

[...]

50f in the house is tropical here in the winter.

Old December 12th 12, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I keep the upstairs at 72 F during the day and 60 F at night. The
downstairs (bedrooms and bathroom) is not heated. The furnace radiates
enough heat to keep it in the low sixties. It helps that the downstairs
is about half below ground.

---MIKE---

)

We long for those temps.

Old December 13th 12, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

You fail to realise there is no thermostat here.

You're right, I didn't realize that.

Either I stay in all
day and light the fire, or if I want to go out not bother.
It will go out if I do.
That's what makes me annoyed when I don't light my fire because a
friend says lets do something in the afternoon and then doesn't.
That makes me cold for the whole day.

I know the feeling. When I get up in the morning, I have to get in the
shower while I'm still warm from the bed or I'll just freeze. The other
day a friend called and kept me on the phone for 20 minutes, just long
enough that I nearly froze and then the shower was miserable.

My sis-in law did this on
Monday. "Can't make it"
Too late to light the woodburner, it takes 6 hours to warm the
room.

Why does it take so long to warm the room? High ceilings? Weak burner?

Chak

Old December 19th 12, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Chak" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

[...]

The thing that blocked the chimney behind it got broken when I got the
chimney swept. It was made of asbestos (which is now illegal) and now it
sucks in air from the hole in it instead of through the woodburner.
When the person who lived here before me put the woodburner in he built a
massive brick inglenook fireplace around it and didn't leave much room to
get behind it again.

It will be either a demolition job of the fireplace or removing the
woodburner which is attached to three radiators upstairs to sort this out.
Either way it's a major undertaking which I can't face.
When the chimney was properly blocked off and sealed the woodburner was
brilliant. I remember it heating the room so well that I had to open the
windows. Once upon a time.

Tweed

Old December 19th 12, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

It will be either a demolition job of the fireplace or removing the
woodburner which is attached to three radiators upstairs to sort this
out. Either way it's a major undertaking which I can't face.

It's amazing how few people design in such a way that repairs are made
easier.

When the chimney was properly blocked off and sealed the woodburner
was brilliant. I remember it heating the room so well that I had to
open the windows. Once upon a time.

I know exactly what you mean. I had a heater like that once.

One of the best things about menopause, for me, is when I get a hot
flash on a cold winter night, and I can open the window and let frigid
air run down my body. Heaven.

Chak

Fleas. dgk Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 12 01:42 PM
fleas... Mark_Galeck Cat health & behaviour 8 February 10th 09 08:13 PM
Need help with fleas Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 February 5th 06 06:57 PM
fleas graciedv Cat health & behaviour 11 June 19th 05 03:15 PM
fleas Jenni G. Cat health & behaviour 24 July 19th 04 07:43 PM