Cat food questions

Old September 1st 03, 10:26 AM
Rachel

Default Cat food questions

Hi, I've been reading with interest the threads about cat food. I live in
the UK and I'm finding it hard to find premium canned food. There is Denes
but Murphy doesn't like it. I haven't found anywhere else that sells Hills
so haven't tried that. I've tried him on Nutro kitten complete, won't touch
it, tried him on James Wellbeloved, won't eat that either. He really seems
to enjoy his wet food and his fave is Felix kitten foiltrays. £3.25 ($5.12)
for 12 x 100g (3.57oz)

I've tried to find a better food for him after all the reading I've done but
what I'd like to ask is why are brands of food such as Whiskas, Felix and
the others considered so bad?

I want to do the best I can for my cat but money has to be considered, I
don't have unlimited funds, far from it. If he loves his Felix than why
shouldn't he have it? Is it going to make him ill, kill him, what is it
that's so bad about these kind of foods?

What do others in the UK do?

The little bag of Nutro, 300g (11oz) was £2.19 ($3.45), large cans of Hills
that I've seen on the internet, £1.72 ($2.71) How do these prices compare
with what the US has to pay?

Opinions/answers please

Thanks, Rachel

Old September 1st 03, 02:13 PM
~*SooZy*~

"Rachel" wrote in message
Hi, I've been reading with interest the threads about cat food. I live in
the UK and I'm finding it hard to find premium canned food. There is Denes
but Murphy doesn't like it. I haven't found anywhere else that sells Hills
so haven't tried that. I've tried him on Nutro kitten complete, won't

touch
it, tried him on James Wellbeloved, won't eat that either. He really seems
to enjoy his wet food and his fave is Felix kitten foiltrays. £3.25

($5.12)
for 12 x 100g (3.57oz)

Most vets sell Hill's,I didn't know James Wellbeloved made tinned food,
thought it was only dried. Have you tired petsmark? the big pet supermarket
sells most premium brands. Not that I feed mine of wet food, but have seen
it there.

I've tried to find a better food for him after all the reading I've done

but
what I'd like to ask is why are brands of food such as Whiskas, Felix and
the others considered so bad?

leave that for someone else to explain! LOL

I want to do the best I can for my cat but money has to be considered, I
don't have unlimited funds, far from it. If he loves his Felix than why
shouldn't he have it? Is it going to make him ill, kill him, what is it
that's so bad about these kind of foods?

What do others in the UK do?

The little bag of Nutro, 300g (11oz) was £2.19 ($3.45), large cans of

Hills
that I've seen on the internet, £1.72 ($2.71) How do these prices compare
with what the US has to pay?

pet food in UK it a lot more expensive.... you could try buying on line

Opinions/answers please

Thanks, Rachel

Old September 1st 03, 05:07 PM
Alison

Hi rachael ,
I'm looking for a good quality wet diet too , one with out additives
.. Yarrahs has been suggested and I'm trying to find a shop that stocks
it .
www.yarrah.com

My cat has cystitis and must have a wet diet , not dried. She is
also very allergic to things like fleas and flea control which makes
things difficult . I tried her on james wellbeloved and her coat
improved but she couldn't stay on it as it is dry..
She is on whiskas and sheba. I've fed all my cats this in the past
and they've been ok and lived well into their late teens . I wouldn't
force a cat or dog to eat a diet they hated . My dog has collitis and
he has JWB and naturemenu which is fresh meat with rice and carrots
but they dont do cat diets , Maybe I should suggest it too them LOL

--
Alison

Old September 1st 03, 09:37 PM
Alison

yes I saw that . thanks , The only Waitrose near us closed down a
while back , we have tescos , sainburys and co-op. I'll check out the
nearest one , I have a car so its no problem .
I've not had the time to go round all the shops yet , I was going
today but I took Diddy the dog to the vet . He has Colitis . Thank
goodness for JWB and naturediet. I think he has it because of food
allergies but the vet wanted me to worm him every three months instead
of 6

I tried to email you but it bounced back ,
--
Alison

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
Waitrose does it, I posted it to tell you before maybe I replied in
free.uk.pets.cat :-)

--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*