cat tracking via radio transmission collar, continued

Old October 12th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Spacey Spade

Default cat tracking via radio transmission collar, continued

Hello, just thought I would update my progress. I ended up getting
http://thecatlocator.com
It works. I am lucky to have a cat that follows me, but I've heard
that others have cats that do the same. This shouldn't be of much
surprise since kittens follow their moms, and cats think of you as a
mom, if you give them enough attention. Overnight backpacking trip a
success, but stream crossings required assistance. I use a soft
carrier that I attach to my backpack. The radio receiver is kind of
bulky, and the antenna could be damaged if the pack fell over on it
onto stone. I hope they come out with more portable models in the
future.

Spacey

Old November 2nd 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Spacey Spade

Another update... I haven't searched, but a friend told me that they
have similar tracking devices for model rockets. A quick google turned
up this page:
http://www.tfs.net/~petek/rockets/RDF/70trans.htm