Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

Old November 8th 18, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

On 02/11/2018 19:28, joy wrote:
On 11/2/2018 12:03 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Tina
On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 10/23/2018 1:08 PM, Tina wrote:
Jill, I wish you'd try a bit harder with FB rpca. OK there's a lot
of people you don't know, but you do know some of us, it's just you
may not recognise their real names. FB rpca does take some getting
used to, it's different, extremely fast paced, just reply to what
you like, tick to like others with various emoticoms, and ignore
the rest that you don't have time for.. I'm sorry you didn't feel
welcome, of course you are. It's just different, you'll get used to
it. Persevere.

Thanks!Â* I never said I didn't feel welcome.Â* I just don't like the
FB interface.

I don't like Facebook either. I tried it once, very briefly, many
years ago, took against it and decided I didn't need to spend even
more time on the computer learning to use a program I disliked from
the start.

I do miss some of the old groups I used to follow - pretty much
defunct now, all of them, but I doubt I'll give Facebook another try.
There's not much point, since it's such a different kind of software
than the discussions I liked ran on that I doubt I'd like it any
more than I did all those years ago.

Admittedly, I sometimes feel like I'm out of the Ark, since just
about everyone I know seems to be on Facebook, but joining still
doesn't appeal to me.

I don't use FB because they share personal information (a problem that
became even more obvious with recent events).

MaryL

Hi, MaryÂ*Â* Nice to hear from you.Â* Yes, the Facebook interface is very
different, it does take some time to get used to it, but it's worth
persevering. The rpca Facebook group is a secret group - i.e. no-one can
find it if they search for it.Â* You have to be approved to join it, the
admins are people you know, so no worries about you being approved and
only rpca members can see your posts. Most of the old friends you knew
from here are on there.Â* I'm sure they'd love to see you again. Will you
give it some thought at least? It's a huge group now, there are many
people you won't know yet, and the ones you did know who had nicknames
use their real names, but I'm sure they'll introduce themselves. Usenet
is dying, Mary, please give FB rpca a chance for 6 months. It does take
a while to learn the interface and how to respond but I think you might
be glad if you did. I leave it up to you.

I have to agree with Tina and as you know we reluctantly went onto
facebook. it is worth it to keep in touch with old friends and make new
ones. It is very much the same as on usenet but with pictures. You would
be welcomed.

Judith

I suppose I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go there too.Â* How do
I do that if you can't find it when you search for it?

First you have to set up a facebook account, then search for one of the
admins, one you know is Victoria Chapman (Yowie) If you can't find her,
you can certainly find me - there's not many Websells in the world and
let me know on Facebook when you are up and running and I'll get in
touch with the admins for you so you can join in. It's a huge and busy
group, don't let it overwhelm you, it scared me at first because I
couldn't keep up. You don't have to, just join in as much as or as litle
as you want. Ask for advice if you need to, I'm sure Judith will help
you with the FB interface and I will too. I'm confident that if you give
it time so you can learn it, you'll love seeing your old Usenet friends
again.

Old November 8th 18, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

RPCA usenet will die if everyone stops posting here.

Jill

To be fair, I came back as soon as I could access Usenet again. No-one
knows about it now. On one of my old computers running on XP, there was
a button on the toolbar "newsgroups" so you could find Usenet. Not now,
so there will never be any new members. It didn't help when all ISP's in
the UK stopped carrying newsgroups, forcing us to go to NIN to get it,
but that was only the people who were already posting on Usenet and
didn't want to lose it.
Technology moves on, rpca is still vibrant and alive on Facebook. I only
went there when I lost Usenet, but once I got used to it, which took a
while, I found I preferred it as we can post pics.

Old November 8th 18, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I intend to post here as long as anybody else does.

I will too, now my new computer has given me accesss to Usenet again.

I think I told you all about losing Boyfriend to cancer. I wept for
weeks. I swore I'd never have another cat to break my heart like that.
But..the house was so empty. So I got two exotic shorthair girls,
litter sisters, ex-show cats, 6 years old. Their first home from the
breeder broke down due their child developing an allergy to them, they
do shed a lot. So then I got them.
They are indoor cats, which I've never had before. I thought I might be
able to let them out, but soon realised it would be a bad idea, because
the best way I can describe them is a heroine in a 50's Miss Marple
mystery, not quite of this world.
Nelli is a red lynx point, Garfie is described as red on her pedigree,
I call her a ginger tabby. They squabble quite a lot over who gets to
sit on mummy's knee.

On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

admins, one you know is Victoria Chapman (Yowie)Â* If you can't find her,
you can certainly find me - there's not many Websells in the world and
let me know on Facebook when you are up and running and I'll get in
touch with the admins for you so you can join in.Â* It's a huge and busy
group, don't let it overwhelm you, it scared me at first because I
couldn't keep up. You don't have to, just join in as much as or as litle
as you want.Â* Ask for advice if you need to, I'm sure Judith will help
you with the FB interface and I will too. I'm confident that if you give
it time so you can learn it, you'll love seeing your old Usenet friends
again.

Thank you. I'll give it a try one of these days. I'm kind of busy
right now.
Old November 8th 18, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

weeks.Â* I swore I'd never have another cat to break my heart like that.
But..the house was so empty.Â* So I got two exotic shorthair girls,
litter sisters, ex-show cats, 6 years old.Â* Their first home from the
breeder broke down due their child developing an allergy to them, they
do shed a lot. So then I got them.
They are indoor cats, which I've never had before. I thought I might be
able to let them out, but soon realised it would be a bad idea, because
the best way I can describe them is a heroine in a 50's Miss Marple
mystery, not quite of this world.
Nelli is aÂ* red lynx point, Garfie is described as red on her pedigree,
I call her a ginger tabby.Â* They squabble quite a lot over who gets to
sit on mummy's knee.

I'm so sorry about Boyfriend. I lost a heart cat to cancer, so I
understand, as much as anybody who isn't you can.

I'm glad you got two new cats. I, too, had indoor/outdoor cats until I
got littermates who where three years old and had never been outdoors.
I realized they weren't equipped for that, so now my cats are indoor
only. It's an adjustment, but not that hard, really.
Old November 9th 18, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Nak

"Tina" wrote in message ...

[...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Totally understand, Tina.

It was unbearable when I lost my Big Mooch in May 2017. His sister,
Smoochie Mew died in Sept of 2012. To this day not a day passes I don't
think about/mourn them. They were my world.

But I thought my purpose was to help cats, and within a month I found my two
boys, then 8 year old Pirate and 7 yo Eddy. Less than 6 months later came
two kittens EJ and Bebe.

It's hard with 4 cats. Costs are high. Vet bills are higher. And a lot of
work. And I remember Mooch and Smoochie every day, but I wouldn't give up
my current kitties and am so glad I happened upon them and the kittens found
me.
--

bill nakielski

Old November 9th 18, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry about Boyfriend.Â* I lost a heart cat to cancer, so I
understand, as much as anybody who isn't you can.

I'm glad you got two new cats.Â* I, too, had indoor/outdoor cats until I
got littermates who where three years old and had never been outdoors. I
realized they weren't equipped for that, so now my cats are indoor
only.Â* It's an adjustment, but not that hard, really.

It's only an adjustment for me because I worry about them being bored.
I set up a bird feeding station that they could watch from their bedroom
windowsill, but only Nelli bothered to watch it. She was fascinated for
a while but has lost interest. I bought them a track ball toy - which
they have never played with, and a mousie on a spring that they can bat
- ditto. Exotics are real couch potatoes, especially Garfie, whose
sleeping sessions are legendary. 17 hours is a short sleep! Not for
nothing are they referred to online as "furniture with fur"!

They seem perfectly happy with life as it is, so I've stopped being
concerned now that they need more stimulation. Toys/birdwatching
available if required..
They are very attractive cats, with their pansy faces and teddy bear
coats but they are quite high maintenance. They need a lot of coat care
(they shed like crazy) which they are fine with, and daily eye care,
which they hate and try to avoid. They are very loving cats and I don't
regret having them, even though the vacuum cleaner has to come out more
often to cope with the shedding :-)

Old November 9th 18, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 09/11/2018 02:10, Bill Nak wrote:

"Tina"Â* wrote in message ...

[...]

It was unbearable when I lost my Big Mooch in May 2017.Â* His sister,
Smoochie Mew died in Sept of 2012.Â* To this day not a day passes I don't
think about/mourn them.Â* They were my world.

But I thought my purpose was to help cats, and within a month I found my
two boys, then 8 year old Pirate and 7 yo Eddy.Â* Less than 6 months
later came two kittens EJ and Bebe.

It's hard with 4 cats. Costs are high. Vet bills are higher.Â* And a lot
of work.Â* And I remember Mooch and Smoochie every day, but I wouldn't
give up my current kitties and am so glad I happened upon them and the
kittens found me.

It's so awful when you lose them, Boyfie was my heart cat. I think
about him and miss him every day. But as I said upthread, even though I
said never again, the house was empty. Ideally I wanted only one, but
these sisters came with the proviso from the breeder that they should
never be parted, and their next owner kept to that. She didn't want to
part with them at all, but had to.

It's very kind of you to adopt 4. I will stick with 2 because, as you
said, vet's bills. I could afford to feed several, but Boyfie's vet
bill in his final illness was massive, as my girls are the same age they
might deteriorate in health together so I thought two is plenty. I
wouldn't want to put myself in a position not to be able to afford the
best healthcare for them.

Old November 9th 18, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 09/11/2018 16:59, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Tina wrote:

[...]

You forget to say they're called 'The Poshgirls'

Judith

Oh, yes, I forgot that. On Facebook rpca they are known as The
Poshgirls, as until recently they were the only pedigree cats on the
group ;-)

Old November 10th 18, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Nak

"Tina" wrote in message ...

[...]

We really had no intention to have 4, but the lady across the street, who
does occasional rescue work, needed someone to foster the two 7 or 8 week
old kittens while she had surgery. Of course we had room and said we'd do
it. Within a day or two they were accepted and "adopted" by the 2 older
boys, Pirate and Eddy. Long story short they never went back to Tammy's
house.

There's medical issues with Pi and Eddy and there is medical issues with the
kittens, hence high vet bills. But the kittens, now going on 16 months old
have enhanced the older boys lives so very much that there was no way to
allow them to leave.

The kittens names are EJ, the boy, which stands for Eddy Junior, as Eddy
taught him everything he knows, and EJ copied him from the start and the
girl's name is Bebe. She can be a terror, lol.

--

bill n