Cat predation studies

Old January 28th 04, 11:57 PM
Alison

"Sharon Talbert" wrote in message
ashington.edu...

I may have some information for you, in my references at home. If

you are
interested, email me there (address below) with an address I can

reply to.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

Thanks Sharon , I'll do that .
The actual question is to review data and I would like to compare one
of these studies with a recent article by the RSPB.
Alison

Old January 29th 04, 12:31 AM
Alison

"Alison" wrote in message

Thanks Sharon , I'll do that .
The actual question is to review data and I would like to compare

one
of these studies with a recent article by the RSPB.
Alison

My e.mail was rejected by your server-
My addy is

To be honest *any* articles or data would help but it must be the
full
article.
TIA Alison

Old January 29th 04, 02:19 AM
Sharon Talbert

My apologies! I have a psycho spam cop.

I've forwarded your message/address to my home address. Unless the spam
cop rejects ME, I should be able to get back to you.

Sharon

Old January 29th 04, 05:15 AM
Nowan

Cheryl wrote:
Alison wrote in on 28 Jan 2004:

Hi ,
Does any one have or know where I can find or read copies of
Professor Robert May's cat predation study in the English village of
Felmersham , Bedford and the Churcher and Lawton study. There are lots
of references on Google to the C&L study but not the real thing.
I'm not trolling , I have to write an essay about cat predation for a
cat behaviour course-
Alison

Sounds fascinating. If you don't mind, would you share your essay when
you're finished? I know that is asking a lot with this crowd lol You're
likely to be picked to pieces, but I'd love reading it. Maybe you can
share it off-group.

google is your friend.

google produces this hit:

http://lynx.uio.no/catfolk/cnissues/cn08-21.htm

which makes reference to this journal:

JOURNAL OF ZOOLOGY, London (1987) 212, 439-455

googling again on 'journal of zoology' produces this hit:

http://titles.cambridge.org/journals...p?mnemonic=zoo

it appears that journal of zoology has tables of contents online going
back to volume 244 or so. not back to '87/vol 212.

you can try contacting the journal to order a reprint. you might need
to go to the paper journal abstracts at your uni library to find the
reference.

also, don't discount the idea of contacting the authors directly and
asking for a reprint. this is typical in academia. i have some
academicians in my family and i can vouch for this practice. i know of
students who have contacted nobel prize winners and been well received.
active researchers often have their papers on their websites for easy
access.

(here is a length bibliography on domestic cat predation, including your
reference: http://fltws.org/Issues/Cats/Bibliography.asp)

here is the website for a professor jh lawton:

http://www.gse.ic.ac.uk/members/Lawton.html

he appears to be some flavor of biologist in Great Britain. can't say
if he is your jh lawton. send him an email and ask him.

do i get an A on your homework?

Old January 29th 04, 10:25 AM
Alison

"Sharon Talbert" wrote in message
ashington.edu...

My apologies! I have a psycho spam cop.

You're not kidding -

I've forwarded your message/address to my home address. Unless the

spam
cop rejects ME, I should be able to get back to you.

Thanks, It will be a great help .
Alison