RPCA Map Deletions

Old August 23rd 05, 12:23 PM
jmcquown

Default RPCA Map Deletions

I'm getting confused. Who do I need to delete? I got rid of Pat's
correction and left her "second correction" entry. Helen Wheels is listed
three times! All in Purrrth!

Please let me know (and under what entry title on the map since some of you
are there more than once) which I should delete so you can try again
Alas, if there is a way for me to move the images I haven't discovered it.
Delete appears to be my only option.

Also, as others have noted, the Satellite view is more detailed. The Hybrid
view is the Satellite view with street detailed.

I have no idea how old the map images are, but it's still very cool! The
link again for anyone who needs it:

http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...uown&locale=en

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old August 23rd 05, 01:17 PM
Exocat

"jmcquown" wrote
I'm getting confused. Who do I need to delete? I got rid of Pat's
correction and left her "second correction" entry. Helen Wheels is
listed
three times! All in Purrrth!

Please let me know (and under what entry title on the map since some
of you
are there more than once) which I should delete so you can try again

Alas, if there is a way for me to move the images I haven't discovered
it.
Delete appears to be my only option.

Hi Jill

My mistaken entry "Exocat - Purrs to all RPCAers" is above & to the left
of
Tweed's entry. Please delete when you can.

My correct one is way down in the bottom left of England in exactly the
right place. I can't believe how detailed the aerial survey is, you can
even make out the cricket pitches on our sports field!

Remind me not to get up to anything outdoors, Big Brother is clearly
watching & can see _everything_.

Purrs

G & the FF

Old August 23rd 05, 01:18 PM
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm getting confused. Who do I need to delete? I got rid of Pat's
correction and left her "second correction" entry. Helen Wheels is listed
three times! All in Purrrth!

Please let me know (and under what entry title on the map since some of

you
are there more than once) which I should delete so you can try again
Alas, if there is a way for me to move the images I haven't discovered it.
Delete appears to be my only option.

Also, as others have noted, the Satellite view is more detailed. The

Hybrid
view is the Satellite view with street detailed.

I have no idea how old the map images are, but it's still very cool! The
link again for anyone who needs it:

http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...uown&locale=en

Jill

Thanks Jill. I discovered that you can move the map itself around by
dragging. It's quicker, easier and more accurate than using the arrows.

Old August 23rd 05, 01:28 PM
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm getting confused. Who do I need to delete? I got rid of Pat's
correction and left her "second correction" entry.

I just looked, and there are still two of me. The original marker (just
"Pat") remains to the left of the correct one.

Old August 23rd 05, 01:32 PM
jmcquown

Exocat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote
[...]

George Orwell had it right, didn't he? I've deleted the entry you requested

Jill

Old August 23rd 05, 01:34 PM
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm getting confused. Who do I need to delete? I got rid of Pat's
correction and left her "second correction" entry.

I just looked, and there are still two of me. The original marker
(just "Pat") remains to the left of the correct one.

I got rid of that one. Good to know about dragging on the map. I'm still
figuring this thing out myself!

Jill

Old August 23rd 05, 02:05 PM
Marina

jmcquown wrote:
I'm getting confused. Who do I need to delete?

Could you delete the 'Marina' to the right, please? The message says
'Frank, Miranda and Caliban in Helsinki' I got the island right though I
was shooting in the dark there (but that marker is called 'The island',
so you can't confuse it with my Helsinki markers).

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 23rd 05, 02:18 PM
Marina

Exocat wrote:

Remind me not to get up to anything outdoors, Big Brother is clearly
watching & can see _everything_.

I'm surprised that the view of Helsinki is so blurry, and you can't zoom
in very close. I *know* there are satellite views of Helsinki that show
much more detail.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:38 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
I'm getting confused. Who do I need to delete?

Could you delete the 'Marina' to the right, please? The message says
'Frank, Miranda and Caliban in Helsinki' I got the island right
though I was shooting in the dark there (but that marker is called
'The island', so you can't confuse it with my Helsinki markers).

Done! I left the island for you

Jill

Old August 23rd 05, 02:57 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Natasha says I'm a silly hoomin! We're on the map, in southern Indiana
USA (to the southeast of "Magic Mood Jeep's" marker), but I still
didn't manage to put us in the right place. The next time you visit,
Jill, would you please remove us too?

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

RPCA MIA Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 46 December 22nd 04 06:53 PM
RPCA History Yowie Cat anecdotes 74 September 4th 04 10:32 PM
RPCA accessible on the net CK Cat anecdotes 3 August 13th 04 05:51 AM
RPCA to be managed by PETA Marina Cat anecdotes 5 April 2nd 04 01:54 AM
RPCA t-shirts (update) Yowie Cat anecdotes 2 February 13th 04 08:20 PM