Escaped leopard

Old December 22nd 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

Default Escaped leopard

A clouded leopard escaped from her enclosure this morning at the
National Zoo. She was safely recovered, and now I'm wondering if Spock
was channeling his walking through walls to her?

Cheers,
Caroline

Old December 22nd 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Caroline S. wrote:
A clouded leopard escaped from her enclosure this morning at the
National Zoo. She was safely recovered, and now I'm wondering if Spock
was channeling his walking through walls to her?

Cheers,
Caroline

An escaped _leopard_ would have been a real problem. I loved the bit
where they imply that some sane scientiests might believe clouded
leopards are descended from saber-tooth cats. Not likely anyone does
but it makes interesting news copy. Glad she was recovered without
being injured. I think Spock would do well not to be such an ambitious
suitor. She has a boyfriend.

Will in New Haven

--

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you
give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in

Old December 22nd 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gennie

Default Escaped clouded leopard

An interesting characteristic of these "small" big cats IS the very
large size of the canine teeth. During a visit in the 1980's to the
Exotic Feline Breeding Compound in Rosamond, California I saw two of
these beautiful animals. At the conservation facility I learned that
one of the reasons these cats are endangered is that sometimes, during
mating when the male grasps the female by the neck with his teeth, he
can inadvertantly bite her too deeply, causing paralysis, even death!

Gennie and =^..^= Marietta