Been curled up in a ball again (just like a cat, eh?)

Old December 3rd 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default Been curled up in a ball again (just like a cat, eh?)

tanadashoes wrote:
On Dec 2, 1:58 pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:
I was all set to post a really nice Thanksgiving post, when all hell
broke loose here. In short, DH and I had a blow-up so bad that I don't
even want to think about it. I spent the night in a hotel. That
*really* helped our financial problems -- lol. I've been pretty down
since then.

Ginger-Lyn

And I thought last year when the heating element in the oven went out
the day before Thanksgiving. The turkey was started at about 6 am and
finished at midnight. Fortunately a new heating element for the oven
cost less than $40. I've lived in places where the cats earned their
keep by catching vermin. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is not
only a health hazard, but incredibly depressing.

I remember that! I can't even imagine what a frustrating experience
that had to be. The Turkey That Took Forever . . . . I've had 4 bad
Thanksgivings: this year; the one where I had to work at The St. Pete
Times T-giving night, so I grabbed dinner at a restaurant on my way to
work; the one where my employer at the time hung up all our paychecks
until after noon so we couldn't get money out (remember the days before
ATMs?), and all I had in my fridge was a package of hotdogs (they turned
out to be bad, too). Luckily, a last minute miracle happened, and I got
to go home and have a feast made by my mom, who was a terrible cook on a
daily basis, but she knew how to do feasts and treats big-time. And the
one where I had just started working at a psychic call line, and they
made us come in on Thanksgiving -- and technical issues meant no one
called. So we were stuck there until after 8 pm, and I didn't start the
turkey until about 9 pm. Ever have T-giving dinner at 2 am? lol!

As far rats, yeah. Ugly, dirty, and depressing. I think they all split
before we moved in. Haven't seen one, and hope I don't. We got the new
stove today, and cleaned the final part of the yucky stuff out between
the guys moving one stove out and one stove in. And, miracle of
miracles, Bob brought someone else with him (a nice guy), so no
Fix-It-Guy-from-Hell -- yeah!

I hope that everything sorts itself out for you soon. You have our
best wishes and purrs from the owners. We all love you and are here
for you.

Pam S.

{{{{Pam}}}} Thank you. You make me cry. With everything you have to
deal with, you still reach out to others like me, with my petty little
miseries. You are an amazing woman, and I am glad you are here.

Ginger-lyn
--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old December 3rd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
Ginger-lyn wrote:
I was all set to post a really nice Thanksgiving post, when all hell
broke loose here.

Yuck. That all sounds horrendous.

Yep. Not fun.

Pinky came *that close* to making it out the door. :-( I screamed
(much to the delivery guy's shock, I'm sure), which stopped Pinky
long enough for me to sandwich him (bad pun) between my leg and
the doorframe, and grab him.

Would it have been a disaster if he'd made it? I missed the background
to this.

Yep, most likely. Don't want to get into indoor/outdoor debates here,
but in our neighborhood, The Out is dangerous. We have heavy, heavy
traffic; two bars in our block; and a next-door-neighbor that threatened
to kill this cat if he ever saw him again. He's a lost cat, whose
humans have still not been found :-( Bolting out the door is probably
how he became lost in the first place. He is fearless to the max, and I
don't think he has the sense to stay away from trucks, cars, bicycles,
wagons, scooters, or Barbie jeeps.

We try to keep our cats from going out of the front door (the road
side) until we're sure they can find their way round the back where
the catflap is. Late last night I opened the front door to check
the weather; it was horrible, torrents of icy rain. Ollie shot past
me like a bullet - I'd never seen him outside the back garden and
had visions of him sitting under a bush all night getting soggy and
miserable. I tried calling him to no result. About two minutes
later he came through the catflap, so at least I know he can do it
now.

That's good he figured it out. My cousin (she lives in the country) has
a catflap in her trailer for her brood.

The sinking bed finally got to the point of flat-out (bad pun again)
forget it! A huge hole had developed in a seam, in addition to the one
Katie put there.

We use a futon. MUCH simpler. (I've tried both water and airbeds
and detest them even when they work).

Oh, I *loved* my waterbed :-( I loved the gentle heat of it (she said,
shivering, with a temperature outside of 29 degrees Fahrenheit and a
high wind warning), and the gentle feel of it. Waaaahhhhhh! I want my
waterbed back! DH would probably *love* a futon. He's on an ancient
mattress/box spring set my first husband and I got oh-so-many-years-ago.
The springs tend to pop up and poke you in the back. He's not getting
a good night's sleep, either.

Ginger-lyn
--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old December 4th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

jmcquown wrote:
Ginger-lyn wrote:
So I've been curled up in my little ball (when Pinky's not curled
around my head) again, listening to the frequent rain falling, and
wishing life was better. But I'm here.

Ginger-lyn

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this. There seems to be a lot of truth
to "when it rains, it pours", for a lot of us lately. You've had one heck
of a run of bad luck. Purrs for it to all get better.

Jill

Thank you, Jill. My early wish for the New Year is that it get better
for all of us.

Ginger-lyn
hmmmm . . . it's been raining and pouring, both literally and
figuratively. Is that why I can't get "It's Raining Men" out of my
head? ;-)

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old December 6th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2007-12-02, Ginger-lyn penned:

So I've been curled up in my little ball (when Pinky's not curled
around my head) again, listening to the frequent rain falling, and
wishing life was better. But I'm here.

I'm sorry to read that so much is going wrong -- but isn't it nice
that one thing went right =) Being able to get a good night's sleep
is *so* important. The mattress may also help relieve your joint
pain. And hey -- rain falling -- no wonder your arthritis is acting
up =/

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 6th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

On 2007-12-02, Ginger-lyn penned:
So I've been curled up in my little ball (when Pinky's not curled
around my head) again, listening to the frequent rain falling, and
wishing life was better. But I'm here.

I'm sorry to read that so much is going wrong -- but isn't it nice
that one thing went right =) Being able to get a good night's sleep
is *so* important. The mattress may also help relieve your joint
pain. And hey -- rain falling -- no wonder your arthritis is acting
up =/

Thank you, Monique. Oh, yeah -- it's so nice to be comfortable in one
way at least! And yeah, that rain has really been doing a number on the
ol' joints. Now it's the cold and snow that's not helping. I'll be
looking very forward to spring! lol!

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old December 6th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Dec 2, 12:58 pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:

In the meanwhile, I've suddenly started having very bad pains in all my
joints. I know I have osteoarthritis, but it's never been like this. I
have no idea what's going on, other than it's hard to focus, write, or
do anything through that much pain. Yeah, I''m still on pain meds, but
this stuff is cutting through even the Vicodin. :-( Guess I need to
call the dr.

You may have Fibromyalgia - ask your doctor about this (more and more
doctors are becoming aware of this painful disorder).

I know how it is to live with constant pain that not even pain pills
touch (and I can't even take vicodin, I can only have tramadol which
doesn't help at all).

The sinking bed finally got to the point of flat-out (bad pun again)
forget it!

Oh, sorry, I had just asked about your bed in another post before
reading this.

A huge hole had developed in a seam, in addition to the one
Katie put there. DH went out to Aldi's (a discount grocery store here)
to get some food, and I, depressed and wondering what I was going to do
about somewhere to sleep, said "If they have anything really good we
need on sale, go ahead and get it" (they have a little island of
household items and such, usually at a very good discounted price). And
I added "It's not like they're going to have a bed or anything!" I
should know better -- lol! They had air mattresses! The huge, high
ones, that look like those bouncy cage things for little kids. Our
budget took another $50 hit, but I need something to sleep on! I was to
the point of wishing I had gotten some bales of hay they had on sale
just before Samhain at Giant Eagle (the non-discount grocery)! It is
*so* comfortable. The downside is Pinky is the only cat allowed in here
(partly because of lack of front claws, partly because of good behavior,
and partly because it is safer to have him in here if fix-it guys are
here, or we are likely to have the door open). I miss my kitties curled
up with me at night :-( Pinky does a good job of cuddling, though;
he'll wrap his entire body around my head, and stick his head right into
my face -- lol.

Will they not let you clip their claws? You might even want to clip
Pinky's back claws because they can sometimes cause more damage than
front claws.

So I've been curled up in my little ball (when Pinky's not curled around
my head) again, listening to the frequent rain falling, and wishing life
was better. But I'm here.

Purrs that your life gets better *FAST*.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ginger-lyn
--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com

Old December 7th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

wrote:
On Dec 2, 12:58 pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:

In the meanwhile, I've suddenly started having very bad pains in all my
joints. I know I have osteoarthritis, but it's never been like this. I
have no idea what's going on, other than it's hard to focus, write, or
do anything through that much pain. Yeah, I''m still on pain meds, but
this stuff is cutting through even the Vicodin. :-( Guess I need to
call the dr.

You may have Fibromyalgia - ask your doctor about this (more and more
doctors are becoming aware of this painful disorder).

I've been thinking that, or that one that makes you tired all the time
(is there one that makes you not be able to think -- lol), or some
combination.

I know how it is to live with constant pain that not even pain pills
touch (and I can't even take vicodin, I can only have tramadol which
doesn't help at all).

I tried tramadol, and it did absolutely zilch for me.

The sinking bed finally got to the point of flat-out (bad pun again)
forget it!

Oh, sorry, I had just asked about your bed in another post before
reading this.

No problem. I'm lost, too -- lol!

[...]

Well, that's a good question. Wolfie and Pinky don't have front claws,
of course. Of the other eight, Cosmo, Jack and Merlyn won't let me near
them. The other five are fine.

I'm a wuss, but I'm afraid to trim back claws. I once did Geesha's
(RB), and managed to cut to the quick :-( I felt so badly, I haven't
tried to do it to anyone ever since.

So I've been curled up in my little ball (when Pinky's not curled around
my head) again, listening to the frequent rain falling, and wishing life
was better. But I'm here.

Purrs that your life gets better *FAST*.

Thank you, CatNipped -- ME TOO! WOO-HOO!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ginger-lyn
just kinda sorta losing it just a wee little bit . . .

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old December 8th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ginger-lyn wrote:

You may have Fibromyalgia - ask your doctor about this (more and more
doctors are becoming aware of this painful disorder).

I've been thinking that, or that one that makes you tired all the time
(is there one that makes you not be able to think -- lol), or some
combination.

You mean Chronic Fatigue? I think that can have cognitive effects,
yes.

Also, there's clinical depression. It can be expressed in symptoms
that you wouldn't necessarily identify as depression, such as tiredness,
loss of sex drive, inability to concentrate. And you don't necessarily
have to have "sad" feelings, either. So the usual image we get of a
depressed person - weepy, mopey, not wanting to do anything - while
those things can certainly be part of it, they don't have to.

Joyce - unfortunately, a bit of an expert on this topic :-/

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 9th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Ginger-lyn wrote:
snip
So I've been curled up in my little ball (when Pinky's not curled around
my head) again, listening to the frequent rain falling, and wishing life
was better. But I'm here.

Ginger-lyn

Lots and lots of purrs and gentle hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Ball Gamez Granby Cat community 1 October 15th 07 10:40 AM
Jellicle Ball: The Story of the First Jellicle Ball [email protected] Cat community 16 October 22nd 06 05:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: You Need a Ball Committee [email protected] Cat community 48 October 8th 06 05:25 AM
well, go dye a ball M. L. MacQuinlan, C.L.U. Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:52 PM
curled up with Persephone Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 26 October 4th 04 04:40 AM