Vino's daddy home soon

Old April 2nd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Vino's daddy home soon

Less than 24 hours until Dennis gets home from Florida. I've been telling
Vino that his daddy is on his way and I think it's making him very excited!

Poor Dennis is going to be destroyed after his flight. It's taking him 3
days to get home if you include the time difference. He's flying from West
Palm Beach to New York to Frankfurt to Singapore to Penang. I don't envy
him.
It just sucks that he has to do this every year. I almost wish he was
banned from the US like our friend Ron who's also a pilot with the company.
Ron got arrested in Whistler 20 years ago when he was 18 for smoking pot.
Now that they have this stricter Homeland Security business, Ron has landed
on a list of people banned from entering the US. So the company has to send
someone out to his job (he's based in Baku) to do his training every year
instead of having him come to Florida. He can apply for an exemption but
for some reason seems to be dragging his feet with that ;-)

Vino's doing much better since puking up the hairball. He's full of the
zoomies every morning and evening. There is a large carpet rug under the
coffee table and this is very new to Vino since he's never lived in a place
with any carpet or rugs before. He loves to lie on the rug and pull himself
along with his claws. He ducks under the coffee table and gets his bug
eyed, perky eared kittenish look and he loves to play "attack the hand"
under there. Very cute :-)
--
Britta

Old April 2nd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
Less than 24 hours until Dennis gets home from Florida. I've been telling
Vino that his daddy is on his way and I think it's making him very excited!

Aww, I'm sure you're all going to be happy to be together again.

Poor Dennis is going to be destroyed after his flight. It's taking him 3
days to get home if you include the time difference. He's flying from West
Palm Beach to New York to Frankfurt to Singapore to Penang. I don't envy
him.

Sounds terrible. Wouldn't it be better to fly westwards rather than
eastwards?

It just sucks that he has to do this every year. I almost wish he was
banned from the US like our friend Ron who's also a pilot with the company.
Ron got arrested in Whistler 20 years ago when he was 18 for smoking pot.
Now that they have this stricter Homeland Security business, Ron has landed
on a list of people banned from entering the US. So the company has to send
someone out to his job (he's based in Baku) to do his training every year
instead of having him come to Florida. He can apply for an exemption but
for some reason seems to be dragging his feet with that ;-)

LOL.

Vino's doing much better since puking up the hairball. He's full of the
zoomies every morning and evening. There is a large carpet rug under the
coffee table and this is very new to Vino since he's never lived in a place
with any carpet or rugs before. He loves to lie on the rug and pull himself
along with his claws. He ducks under the coffee table and gets his bug
eyed, perky eared kittenish look and he loves to play "attack the hand"
under there. Very cute :-)

Aww, glad to hear Vino is his cute playful self again. Scritches.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 2nd 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:55:54 +0800, "badwilson"
wrote:

Less than 24 hours until Dennis gets home from Florida. I've been telling
Vino that his daddy is on his way and I think it's making him very excited!

Poor Dennis is going to be destroyed after his flight. It's taking him 3
days to get home if you include the time difference. He's flying from West
Palm Beach to New York to Frankfurt to Singapore to Penang. I don't envy
him.

That almost sounds like the "long way". How does it work for a flight
from Los Angeles to (maybe) Honolulu to NZ or Australia and onward
from there?

Glad Vino's feeling better, and enjoying this new carpet!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old April 2nd 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
Less than 24 hours until Dennis gets home from Florida. I've been

telling
Vino that his daddy is on his way and I think it's making him very

excited!

Aww, I'm sure you're all going to be happy to be together again.

Yup, it's just too bad it's only for a week and then I'm off to Australia
and Dennis back to Burma for work.

Poor Dennis is going to be destroyed after his flight. It's taking him

3
days to get home if you include the time difference. He's flying from

West
Palm Beach to New York to Frankfurt to Singapore to Penang. I don't

envy
him.

Sounds terrible. Wouldn't it be better to fly westwards rather than
eastwards?

Yes, but the company buys the absolute cheapest marine class tickets
possible, so Dennis has no choice but to go the way they send him.
--
Britta

Old April 2nd 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Less than 24 hours until Dennis gets home from Florida. I've been

telling
Vino that his daddy is on his way and I think it's making him very

excited!

Poor Dennis is going to be destroyed after his flight. It's taking him 3
days to get home if you include the time difference. He's flying from

West
Palm Beach to New York to Frankfurt to Singapore to Penang. I don't envy
him.

That almost sounds like the "long way". How does it work for a flight
from Los Angeles to (maybe) Honolulu to NZ or Australia and onward
from there?

It's definitely the long way. The better way would have been Singapore,
(Tokyo or Hong Kong), LA, WPB. But the company only gets the cheapest crap
tickets for the pilots, so they go the wrong way around the globe. They
don't care if the pilots are in a constant state of exhaustion and jet lag.
It's only safety training, ya know? ;-)

Glad Vino's feeling better, and enjoying this new carpet!

Thank you! He may have more carpet in his near future, the house I'm
thinking of renting in Australia has carpets in all the bedrooms. Ugh for
me, but I'm sure Vino will be pleased. Anything for our precious prince!
--
Britta

Old April 2nd 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
"Marina" wrote

Sounds terrible. Wouldn't it be better to fly westwards rather than
eastwards?

Yes, but the company buys the absolute cheapest marine class tickets
possible, so Dennis has no choice but to go the way they send him.

Ah, bummer. The more I read about that company, the less I like it. I
guess the pay makes it all worth while. Any chance of finding something
else once you've settled in Oz?

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 2nd 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
"Marina" wrote

Sounds terrible. Wouldn't it be better to fly westwards rather than
eastwards?

Yes, but the company buys the absolute cheapest marine class tickets
possible, so Dennis has no choice but to go the way they send him.

Ah, bummer. The more I read about that company, the less I like it. I
guess the pay makes it all worth while. Any chance of finding something
else once you've settled in Oz?

Yes, the company sucks, but all the companies are the same. It wouldn't be
any different if he worked for someone else and then he would also lose all
his seniority. Right now the market is good and his job ultra safe, but the
industry takes downturns every 5 years or so and he wouldn't want to be the
new guy that would be first to be layed off. Especially now that we have a
mortgage.
--
Britta

I am a bad daddy Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 3 March 17th 06 10:14 PM
Charlies's new home Bridget Cat anecdotes 10 March 15th 06 09:51 PM
Sasha is home meow Cat anecdotes 8 January 20th 06 07:41 PM
Sasha is home meow Cat health & behaviour 2 January 20th 06 05:07 PM
Urgent! Our plans fell through and Lizzy & Phee need a loving home for 4 months! Eytan Cat rescue 2 September 7th 04 10:26 PM