OT purr request

Old December 27th 04, 01:33 AM
Yoj

Purrs are on their way. Back pain is the pits!

Joy

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
If there are any spare purrs (or prayers) floating around, I'd appreciate

it
if you could direct them to my son-in-law, whose back went out on him

during
the weekend while he and our daughter was at his parents' house for
Christmas.
He has been in terrible pain. Today he and our daughter will drive a

couple
of hours back to their home.
He is only 36, way too young for spinal problems, and he is very good to

our
daughter.
Thank you,
Annie

Old December 27th 04, 02:16 AM
Elise

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
If there are any spare purrs (or prayers) floating around, I'd appreciate
it if you could direct them to my son-in-law, whose back went out on him
during the weekend while he and our daughter was at his parents' house for
Christmas.
He has been in terrible pain. Today he and our daughter will drive a
couple of hours back to their home.
He is only 36, way too young for spinal problems, and he is very good to
our daughter.
Thank you,
Annie

Back healing purrs on the way
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
pics:

Old December 27th 04, 03:44 AM
badwilson

Oh no! Back problems are hounding your family :-( I'm sorry Annie
and I am sending hugs and purrs right away.
How is Jim doing now, BTW? I hope he's much, much better.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old December 27th 04, 07:03 AM
Krista

Annie Wxill wrote:
If there are any spare purrs (or prayers) floating around, I'd

appreciate it
if you could direct them to my son-in-law, whose back went out on him

during
the weekend while he and our daughter was at his parents' house for
Christmas.
He has been in terrible pain. Today he and our daughter will drive a

couple
of hours back to their home.
He is only 36, way too young for spinal problems, and he is very good

to our
daughter.
Thank you,
Annie

Purrs are heading out. I hope it is something easily put right.
------
Krista

Old December 27th 04, 04:20 PM
Irulan

Purrs and prayers that your SIL feels better soon. I know about back pain.

Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 27th 04, 04:30 PM
Annie Wxill

"O J" wrote in message
He has my sympathies as well as six sets of purrs for his condition.
One of my problems is being able to stand only for short periods due
to pain in my back. Fortunately, mine goes away when I sit down.
Hope he's feeling OK ASAP.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Oj,
When you stand, do you get pain shooting down your leg? Maybe numbness at
some spot? Does leaning against something while standing give some relief?
From what you said about hurting when standing, but able to sit down, it
sounds like what my husband had. It's called spinal stenosis. That means
the bone has thickened and is narrowing the passage for your nerve and/or
spinal cord.
It is important to get a correct diagnosis. We were surprised to learn how
many radiologists and doctors are not able to read an MRI. If something
does not sound right to you, ask questions and do your own research.
There is help, but you have to be careful. Don't believe everything you
find on the Internet.
Doctors will tell you what they can do, but will not mention the new methods
that are now available. The traditional treatment is decompressive
laminectomy. The back side of the offending vertebra is removed and the
muscles are sewn together.
It will offer current relief, but most likely will result in spinal
instability and future pain that may require additional surgeries, hardware
put in your back, a life on pain medication.
Do a Google search using the key words "spinal stenosis" "decompressive
laminectomy" and "minimally invasive." You will discover that less
intrusive treatments are out there. If you are in the U.S. and have health
insurance, there is a good chance your policy will cover it.
My husband had surgery in Pittsburgh, Penn., last April. Dr. Hae-Dong Jho
performed it. (Look him up at drjho.com). My husband was up and walking
and, except for the incision area, totally pain free, an hour after the
surgery. His back is not destabilized. If he had a normal job, he would
have been back to work shortly after the surgery. However, his job requires
that he pass a comprehensive medical exam, and he experienced some muscle
spasms and some pain in his legs as the muscles and nerves regenerated.
Anyway, before the surgery, and afterward to keep his spine straight, he has
used the following:
an inversion table
chiropractic visits
hot tub soaks
alternating heat and ice packs on his back
diet to lose weight gained due to inactivity
a Spine-Worx board
a lumbar roll pillow

After the surgery, he started using an incline bicycle and at fitness center
to rebuild his legs. He also uses the weights for his arms and shoulders.

I hope you find this information useful and that you find some help for your
back.
Annie

Old December 27th 04, 05:51 PM
Annie Wxill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Purrs on the way. And dirty litterbox offerings and birdie poop for the
boss who expected him to meet with clients rather than go to his own
wedding - sheesh! I know all about the ones who don't believe you should
take off work if you're hurt or sick. (sigh)
Jill

Thank you for the support. Unfortunately, those people are the ones who
somehow manage to get in positions of power. I think they play by different
rules than the rest of us. Too bad it is not obvious to them how
counterproductive that type of management style really is.
Annie

Old December 27th 04, 05:51 PM
Annie Wxill

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
purrs for your son-in-law; hope he recovers fast!
Christine

Thank you. I hope so, too.
Annie

Old December 27th 04, 05:52 PM
Annie Wxill

"Yoj" wrote in message
m...
Purrs are on their way. Back pain is the pits!

Joy

Thank you. I'm sure the purrs will help.
Annie

Old December 27th 04, 05:53 PM
Annie Wxill

"Elise" wrote in message