AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old October 31st 04, 11:23 PM
Tanada

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:

Purrs please that we find his slaves... but I'm sorta hoping we don't, for
if they let him loose with a too-tight collar, or just let him go long
enough for the collar to get that tight, maybe it's best that he stays here?
That would make our count an even eight. How long does one wait for his
slaves to claim??? He needs to be vetted, and since he's not neutered....
do we have him neutered anyway??? What if the 'owners' try to sue because
we had him neutered - do they have any claim???? Any info on this would be
greatly helpful.

BTW - piccies posted on alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

I saw Ping's picture on ABPA and fell in lurve. He's gorgeous, and has
a lot of catitude. Purrs and best outcome wishes for you all.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Seven + Smokey, or whatever his name is,
and Eshiky the d-thing

Old November 1st 04, 04:39 AM
Chris

Not necessarily--could be the cat ran off from his new home and tried to get
back to his old home....
wrote in message
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes "Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

One thing that crossed my mind: a couple of months ago our next door
neighbor passed away, and we found out he had a cat. I never saw the
cat, &
don't know how long he'd had it, but his brother, when he came over to
thank
us for card/flowers sent to the funeral home (and to ask if some workers
could get in our yard to cut down a dead tree that was just on their
side of
the property line), told us that just *three days* before he died, our
neighbor mad arrangements for someone to care for the cat if something
happened to him. Our neighbor was only in his 50's and had heart
problems.
Maybe this was his cat???.

If so, then the person who had agreed to care for him wasn't doing a very
good job!

Joyce

Old November 1st 04, 07:35 AM

If you have an intact tom chances are that he came around because of the
unspayed female you have outside. She's now probably pregnant and you
can expect to have more kittens soon if you don't catch her and get her
spayed.

Feed her at the same time in the same place every *night* and put the
trap nearby with the door tied open. Once she's used to it start moving
the food closer and then into the trap inch by inch. When she's eating
inside it untie the door and you'll have her. Make sure to put a folded
newspaper on the floor of the trap so that it covers the trip plate.
This way she won't see it and step over it.

Also, whether this cat is owned or not, he should be neutered right
away, especially if you plan on integrating him in with your resident
cats. If you don't you're asking for trouble as he may become aggressive
once he's feeling better. And just on principle I would never return a
cat to its owner still intact, or at all for that matter, when he's an
adult that was roaming and had on a too tight flea collar.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old November 1st 04, 10:19 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

OK, fliers posted at nearby vets & pet shops, also one at Humane Society.
Also got entered into computer system at the Humane Society, and they did a
search for any reported lost. A few close matches, but they were for older
cats, one that had lost part of it's tail, one with crossed eyes (not Ping),
one long-haired and some of different colors of Siamese (our vet says that
from what I described he's either a Chocolate or Seal). Since he wasn't in
their system, I think maybe he was dumped???? I get the feeling that
someone paid _*$$$*_ for a Siamese because they liked the look, but didn't
do a lick of research into the breed, and when he became chatty - they put
him out the door because he annoyed them. Sad that there are people like
that.

He goes to the vet Thursday at 5:30pm (Eastern US time) to be checked for
the usual kitty syndromes, and wormed & shots (since we don't know if he's
ever had any), and maybe even get him neutered, just because we will anyway
if we keep him, and if he's claimed by someone, this will keep them from
being a 'back yard breeder'. I'd like to get him in earlier, but our vet is
closed Wednesdays, and the closed at noon today and will be in Ohio as
volunteer "pollwatchers" on Tuesday (they are training and traveling this
afternoon).

One note though - on the signs I put up, I just described a male tan/brown
cat, did NOT mention the flea collar, did NOT mention Siamese, and did NOT
state that he was intact (as far as I can tell - some cats can be neutered,
but they still have big cajones). This info was only given to the Humane
Society for their records.. I will take him in a bit to see if they can
find a chip (they close to the public at 5pm, so I may have to wait until
Wednesday to take him there for that, since they will be closed tomorrow for
election day).

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
DH & I did some major grocery (and other supply) shopping this
morning. As soon as we got all perishables put away in the
fridge/freezer, we heard this terrible cat yeowling. Looked for our
Seven - Only one missing was Weeble - he was in the closet, and
wanted out. All kitties accounted for. More yeowling. We think
MamaKat! Is she hurt, in a fight....? We exit the house, and part,
each going a different way, in order to circle the house quicker.
Nothing - not even a wascally wabbit or screwy skwerl. Check the
road near the house for an injured critter - nada. Go back inside
and get ready to do the tile on the enclosed back porch (it did have
this gawd-awful 60's psychedelic green floral disgustingly cheap
carpet down, that I've hated since we moved in 10 years ago - we
finally pulled it up last weekend to find that A} the padding had
disintegrated into a fine Martian powder and B} there was equally
disgusting green & white LINOLEUM tile underneath that! We removed
that too, got down to the bare cement).
More yeowling followed. We think: Basement???? Something came in
through the d*ggie-door!!! Grab a broom & a flashlight (torch for
you over to the east of the pond) and go down to the dimly lit
basement. Yeowl.... yeowl.... yeowl... DH heads for the farthest
away from the stairs, but my ears have already tuned in & I head to
the left. From behind the furnace comes a Siamese kitty - tan with
very dark brown (almost black) ears, feet & tail. Wearing a collar -
a chintzy flea collar (and not the breakaway kind) - that's too
tight. Not very old (about a year), and kinda thin. DH doesn't want
me to carry it (actually an intact him), but I have a hold of it, I
take flashlight with one hand, and he reaches for cat, I then take
the broom & he scoops up kitty. He's skittish, but not fighting us
either. I lead DH up the stairs, sweeping dog away from him & kitty,
then sweeping seven cats away, to the enclosed front porch. I go get
a dish of food (the cheap stuff we feed the strays) and a dish of
water. There's still an old litterbox up front (was Weeble & FF's
first *real* litterbox), so I go put some in it and bring it back. By this
time, DH has cut the too-tight collar off the kitty, and has
started calling him "Ping" - not sure if that's his name, but he
seems to respond to it. Of course, he's Siamese, so he responds to
ANY vocalization he thinks is made to him with more of his yeowling. We
have a spare dose of Frontline Plus, so he gets that on him -
takes it without any struggle. By this time I'm able to take a
breath and watch him for a minute - he's chowing down on the food
(dry with a couple pouches of moist on top) and yeowling at the same
time... it's a funny sound, like he's drowning.
So, I have posted on the local Humane Society's website about him (we
took a few quick pics), and have made up a flier to post around
nearby & also at the Humane Society and probably at a couple of vet's
offices nearby.
Purrs please that we find his slaves... but I'm sorta hoping we
don't, for if they let him loose with a too-tight collar, or just let
him go long enough for the collar to get that tight, maybe it's best
that he stays here? That would make our count an even eight. How
long does one wait for his slaves to claim??? He needs to be vetted,
and since he's not neutered.... do we have him neutered anyway??? What if
the 'owners' try to sue because we had him neutered - do they
have any claim???? Any info on this would be greatly helpful.

BTW - piccies posted on alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

--?
The ONE and ONLY