No one came running...

Old June 17th 05, 04:58 AM
Mischief

Default No one came running...

I had a very long day at work and I didn't get home until about 8:45
tonight and I normally feed the cats at 7 pm

Well, I put the kibble into the dishes, including a third one for the
stray kitty.

Not one cat came running. Normally Mischief comes BOLTING into the
room and starts scarfing food down. Nobody showed up.

then it hit me. The cats are fed in my bedroom, which is where the
stray kitty is currently hanging out, and no one wanted to come forward
and meet anyone.

I moved the dishes for Imp and Mischief into the hall and that got
Mischief to come and eat.

Sheesh....

Kristi

Old June 18th 05, 03:05 AM
Mischief

Well tonight, Kitty was the one that came running. Normally Mischief
is the one that's RIGHT there with her head practically obscuring the
bowl as I dole out the cat kibble

This time, Kitty was right there when I served dinner. Imp was nearby
watching, and Mischief hasn't even budged from her tower.

Imp watched and Mischief glared as Kitty scarfed down her bowl.

Then she started in on Mischief's bowl. Uh oh....

I chased her away and moved the bowls into the living room where I
could watch them Imp and Mischief are now chowing down.

I figured this could pose a problem. Kitty and Mischief are both from
the streets and are opportunistic eaters. I think feeding separately
will have to be a necessity to make sure everyone gets enough.

Sheesh.......

Kristi

Old June 20th 05, 05:53 AM
Pamela Shirk

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well tonight, Kitty was the one that came running. Normally Mischief
is the one that's RIGHT there with her head practically obscuring the
bowl as I dole out the cat kibble

This time, Kitty was right there when I served dinner. Imp was nearby
watching, and Mischief hasn't even budged from her tower.

Imp watched and Mischief glared as Kitty scarfed down her bowl.

Then she started in on Mischief's bowl. Uh oh....

I think Kitty TC (Town Cat) and Mischief are going to become really good
friends, or else do each other in.

Pam S.

Old June 21st 05, 03:35 AM
Mischief

Kitty Town Cat, interesting name

Yes we are temporarily keeping her but are still looking for a home for
her.

Although we are toying with the idea of names, but a good one hasn't
come to us yet.

I did say that if I ever got a third cat I would name it Mayhem. Then
I would have Imp, Mischief and Mayhem, hehehehehe

But right now she's not really acting like a "Mayhem" However, tonight
when they were all scrambling for dinner, Mischief ended up close to
Kitty and their noses were about six inches from each other. Mischief
then hissed and ran between my legs to get away. Sigh.....

So one of these days a name might come to us. Course if that happens,
then we might be really screwed.

I find it interesting that with both Mischief and this one, they were
both strays that I just picked up and took in to feed them....and I
ended up keeping Mischief and this one is apparently settling in
although it is NOT FINAL that we are keeping this one.

moral of the story......don't feed any more strays.....

Kristi

Old June 21st 05, 05:20 AM
Marina

Karen wrote:

in article , Mischief
at
wrote on 6/20/05 9:35 PM:

[...]

Well, she can be "May". She looks like a sweet little "May".....

Oh, that's purrfect! And maybe the 'hem' part will come later. ;o) Purrs
that May is soon homed, whether with you Kristi or with some one else.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Pics at
Old June 21st 05, 11:13 AM
Adrian

Mischief wrote:
[...]

This has been posted here more than once, but I haven't seen it posted
lately.

Unbending Rules For Dealing With Stray Cats
1. Stray cats will not be fed.

2. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food.

3. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with a little milk.

4. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with warm milk, yummy treats and leftover fish scraps.

5. Stray cats will not be encouraged to make this house their
permanent residence.

6. Stray cats will not be petted, played with or picked up and cuddled
unnecessarily.

7. Stray cats that are petted, played with, picked up and cuddled will
absolutely not be given a name.

8. Stray cats with or without a name will not be allowed inside the
house at any time.

9. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except at certain
times.

10. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except on days
ending in "y".

11. Stray cats allowed inside will not be permitted to jump up on or
sharpen their claws on the furniture.

12. Stray cats will not be permitted to jump up on, or sharpen claws
on the really good furniture.

13. Stray cats will be permitted on all furniture but must sharpen
claws on new $114.99 sisal-rope cat-scratching post with three
perches.

14. Stray cats will answer the call of nature outdoors in the sand.

15. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the three-piece,
high-impact plastic tray filled with Fresh'n'Sweet kitty litter.

16. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the hooded litter pan
with a three-panel privacy screen and plenty of head room.

17. Stray cats will sleep outside.

18. Stray cats will sleep in the garage.

19. Stray cats will sleep in the house.

20. Stray cats will sleep in a cardboard box lined with an old
blanket.

21. Stray cats will sleep in the special Kitty-Komfort-Bed with
non-allergenic lamb's wool pillow.

22. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed.

23. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed, except at the
foot.

24. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the
covers.

25. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the
covers except at the foot.

26. Stray cats will not play on the desk.

27. Stray cats will not play on the desk near the computer.

28. Stray cats are forbidden to walk on the computer keyboard on the
desk when the human is sdfjjhhkl;ljfd.;oier'puyykmm4hbdm9l o9jmdskdm,.
USING IT.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.