feeding stray-- who me?

Old April 17th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default feeding stray-- who me?

Don't even think about suggesting that I would feed a stray cat.
Not unless he looks really skinny.
And is very polite.
And seems to have taken to my cats.
Not unless I remember that the person who was feeding him died three
months ago, and that's why I remember seeing him around before, looking
like he belonged somewhere. Do you suppose my cats told him about our
place?

And don't think I'd name a stray cat either.
Unless I called him BadCat, or SandyCat, or other non-people names.

Or talk to him, while I'm putting out a bowl of food.

(Hey, wait a minute, what food?)

He really is a good-looking cat, with the same golden eyes as my Jona.
He could even be her father.

By the way, his name is Romeo, because he sings under our window.

Cantate

Old April 17th 06, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cantate wrote:
Don't even think about suggesting that I would feed a stray cat.
Not unless he looks really skinny.
And is very polite.
And seems to have taken to my cats.
Not unless I remember that the person who was feeding him died three
months ago, and that's why I remember seeing him around before,
looking like he belonged somewhere. Do you suppose my cats told him
about our place?

And don't think I'd name a stray cat either.
Unless I called him BadCat, or SandyCat, or other non-people names.

Or talk to him, while I'm putting out a bowl of food.

(Hey, wait a minute, what food?)

He really is a good-looking cat, with the same golden eyes as my Jona.
He could even be her father.

By the way, his name is Romeo, because he sings under our window.

Cantate

STRICT, UNBENDING RULES FOR DEALING WITH STRAY CATS

1. Stray cats will not be fed.

2. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food.

3. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with a little milk.

4. Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food moistened
with warm milk, yummy treats and leftover fish scraps.

5. Stray cats will not be encouraged to make this house their
permanent residence.

6. Stray cats will not be petted, played with or picked up and cuddled
unnecessarily.

7. Stray cats that are petted, played with, picked up and cuddled will
absolutely not be given a name.

8. Stray cats with or without a name will not be allowed inside the
house at any time.

9. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except at certain
times.

10. Stray cats will not be allowed inside the house except on days ending
in "y".

11. Stray cats allowed inside will not be permitted to jump up on or
sharpen their claws on the furniture.

12. Stray cats will not be permitted to jump up on, or sharpen claws on
the really good furniture.

13. Stray cats will be permitted on all furniture but must sharpen claws
on new £114.99 sisal-rope cat-scratching post with three perches.

14. Stray cats will answer the call of nature outdoors in the sand.

15. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the three-piece,
high-impact plastic tray filled with Fresh'n'Sweet kitty litter.

16. Stray cats will answer the call of nature in the hooded litter pan
with a three-panel privacy screen and plenty of head room.

17. Stray cats will sleep outside.

18. Stray cats will sleep in the garage.

19. Stray cats will sleep in the house.

20. Stray cats will sleep in a cardboard box lined with an old blanket.

21. Stray cats will sleep in the special Kitty-Komfort-Bed with
non-allergenic lambs wool pillow.

22. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed.

23. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed, except at the
foot.

24. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the covers.

25. Stray cats will not be allowed to sleep in our bed under the covers
except at the foot.

26. Stray cats will not play on the desk.

27. Stray cats will not play on the desk near the computer.

28. Stray cats are forbidden to walk on the computer keyboard on the desk
when the human is asdfjjhhkl;ljfd.;oier'puyykmm4hbdm9lo9j
USING IT.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 17th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cantate wrote:
Don't even think about suggesting that I would feed a stray cat.
Not unless he looks really skinny.
And is very polite.
And seems to have taken to my cats.
Not unless I remember that the person who was feeding him died three
months ago, and that's why I remember seeing him around before, looking
like he belonged somewhere. Do you suppose my cats told him about our
place?

And don't think I'd name a stray cat either.
Unless I called him BadCat, or SandyCat, or other non-people names.

Or talk to him, while I'm putting out a bowl of food.

(Hey, wait a minute, what food?)

He really is a good-looking cat, with the same golden eyes as my Jona.
He could even be her father.

By the way, his name is Romeo, because he sings under our window.

Cantate

Uh oh, you've given him a name...

(What a lucky kitty he is to have found you.)

Bobble

Old April 17th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-17, Cantate penned:
By the way, his name is Romeo, because he sings under our window.

Aww. Is there any way you could bring him into your home?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 17th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Awww, lucky Romeo. I feel so badly for the cats whose owners pass away
that end up at the shelter. Was she an outdoor cat before?
There is a cat at my friend's cul-de-sac neighborhood who mooched off
neighbors for five years after her owner died. They took her to the
vet, let her in their houses at will, but during the daytime she wanted
to stay on the porch at her old (vacant) house. Saddest thing.

Sherry

Old April 17th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

Awww, lucky Romeo. I feel so badly for the cats whose owners pass away
that end up at the shelter. Was she an outdoor cat before?
There is a cat at my friend's cul-de-sac neighborhood who mooched off
neighbors for five years after her owner died. They took her to the
vet, let her in their houses at will, but during the daytime she wanted
to stay on the porch at her old (vacant) house. Saddest thing.

Sherry

What worries me sometimes is who will take care of Rusty if something
happened to me
and I couldn't care for him or make arrangements for him.
What if he outlives me?
By now you can probably tell I am a worrier.

Winnie

Old April 17th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What worries me sometimes is who will take care of Rusty if something
happened to me
and I couldn't care for him or make arrangements for him.
What if he outlives me?
By now you can probably tell I am a worrier.

I have made arrangements for what happens to Nocturne, Smokey, Kumani
and Tyche if DP and I both pass away. They will be adopted by my
housecat-less father, who, while he doesn't desire house pets,
considers it the last thing he could do for me, to keep those four in
affectionate comfort for the rest of their natural lives.

--Fil

Old April 17th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Awww, lucky Romeo. I feel so badly for the cats whose owners pass away
that end up at the shelter. Was she an outdoor cat before?
There is a cat at my friend's cul-de-sac neighborhood who mooched off
neighbors for five years after her owner died. They took her to the
vet, let her in their houses at will, but during the daytime she wanted
to stay on the porch at her old (vacant) house. Saddest thing.

Sherry

What worries me sometimes is who will take care of Rusty if something
happened to me
and I couldn't care for him or make arrangements for him.
What if he outlives me?
By now you can probably tell I am a worrier.

We never would have guessed.

It's definitely a concern though. I think the current batch O'Kitties is
probably safe, but you never know. I've also got a boatload of fish that
require specialized care. I don't know any local fish/cat people either.

Winnie

Old April 17th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:

What worries me sometimes is who will take care of Rusty if something
happened to me
and I couldn't care for him or make arrangements for him.
What if he outlives me?
By now you can probably tell I am a worrier.

I have made arrangements for what happens to Nocturne, Smokey, Kumani
and Tyche if DP and I both pass away. They will be adopted by my
housecat-less father, who, while he doesn't desire house pets,
considers it the last thing he could do for me, to keep those four in
affectionate comfort for the rest of their natural lives.

--Fil

The last thing my grandmother said to my father before she went into
surgery (it was just knee surgery, but she did not survive)....was
"Take care of my cat."

She meant feeding it till she was home, but he took that to heart, and
took care of that cat the rest of its life. He doesn't even like cats,
either.

Sherry

Old April 17th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:

I have made arrangements for what happens to Nocturne, Smokey, Kumani
and Tyche if DP and I both pass away. They will be adopted by my
housecat-less father, who, while he doesn't desire house pets,
considers it the last thing he could do for me, to keep those four in
affectionate comfort for the rest of their natural lives.

You've got a nice dad!

I'm not sure where my cats would go if I suddenly died. It does worry
me. Everyone in my family is a cat-lover, but as is the case with most
cat-lovers, their houses are already filled with cats. Mom has 4
(in a complex that only allows two per dwelling), one sister has 4, dad
has 2. The other sister has 4 big dogs, so I'm not so sure I'd want my
cats going there. That sister is also not very reliable or responsible -
last year she dumped her two cats on my mother *as she was driving on
her way out of state to move*. That's how mom ended up with 4.

My friends are much the same, although perhaps more functional.
The cat-lovers among them already have their vacancies full.

Any suggestions?

Joyce