Update on Juliet

Old August 8th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

Default Update on Juliet

Thank you to everyone who sent purrs for Juliet to feel better soon. I think
she is feeling a little better today. Certainly not straining to urinate
like she was yesterday. Also she didn't have an appetite and hadn't eaten
all day, so last night I gave her 2mg of Periactin. Within an hour it had
her eating quite well and with no vomiting.

With regards to the urine sample, the pH balance was in the normal range,
but showed blood cells. The sample did not show crystals. Whew! The Vets
recommended putting her on a C/D diet.

Because of Juliet's advanced age (she is 14.5 years old now), the Vets are
hesitant to put her on any meds, including antibiotics, unless absolutely
necessary.

Juliet is eating a little today, but I may give her another 2mg of Periactin
tonight, just to make sure that she gets enough nutrients. She is still very
thin, 4.1kg compared to 3.9kg last visit. She needs to be 4.5kg at least. In
her younger days she weighed 5.5kg!

The Vets advised that if she doesn't improve by 3 days I must bring her back
to the Vet, or sooner if needed.

With a little luck and everyone's purrs, Juliet will have a quick recovery.
I'll keep you updated.

Purrs & hugs to all,
Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
Catpage: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Old August 8th 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Flippy wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the update, continuing purrs.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 8th 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Flippy wrote:
[...]

No crystals in the urine is good! Now if she can just continue to eat.
Ongoing purrs for Juliet.

kili

Old August 8th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Purrs continuing for her complete recovery.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

news

Old August 8th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 8, 3:35*am, "Flippy" wrote:
[...]

Purrs that her recovery continues apace. Looks good so far.

--
Will in New Haven
"Yes WooToo, Juliet is the kitty and Flippy is the human."
Old August 8th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Flippy" wrote in message
news
[...]

Continuing to purr for Juliet to bounce back.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 8th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

The purrs continue.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

news

Old August 8th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Flippy" wrote in message
news

Because of Juliet's advanced age (she is 14.5 years old now), the Vets are
hesitant to put her on any meds, including antibiotics, unless absolutely
necessary.

Glad she's perking up. I empathise with the decisions about elderly cat!

Old August 8th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Flippy"
[...]

Purrs lovingly sent for Juliet to continue to get better
Love and hugs
Kyla
Mosey, Pookie, Pipps and Sqweex

Old August 9th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Flippy wrote:
[...]

Excellent! We'll keep the purrs coming, however. Keep us posted!