Cats and 'private time'

Old August 10th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default Cats and 'private time'

So my man and I are in bed one morning cuddling, and suddenly 'Mrow?'
Mischief jumps onto the bed and wants attention NOW.

So I start petting and then I head another 'Meow?' which is Mayhem who
has jumped onto the bed all jealous because Mischief is getting
attention first.

I pet them both a little bit and then try to go back to
cuddling..course BOTH of them are now crying and whining while I'm
trying to have a nice time.

Finally Mishief the little minx nipped a hand and that did it. I
shooed them both off the bed and closed the door. I didn't close it
all the way, but put a shoe in front of it.

back to bed and back to cuddling..and we both get caught up in the
moment when 'MEOW!'

Mischief has pawed over the door, and was on the bed demanding to know
why she was shut OUT. Which resulted in her being picked up with a
squeek and the bedroom door CLOSED behind her.

can I have a little 'private time' please?

And this is an ongoing thing if the door is open. Mischief AND Mayhem
living up to their names as their mommy pays more attention to someone
else than THEM.

Sheesh....

anyone else have this problem?

-Kristi
Old August 10th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know, really, but the guys have a way of cramming themselves into
any space I'm in, even when they have the whole house. When we're alone in
the house, if I sit on the daybed, that's where they sit.

Even funnier, if I sit on my mom's bed to talk to her, the boys will also
jump on her bed. Three floors, and every sentient being in the house is
crammed on that one bed. :P

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 11th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

No. One place is out of bounds to the cats, my bedroom. Always has been
and always will be. They don't even attempt to go in there. If your cats
have been used to going into there, you have a problem now.

Tweed

Old August 11th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Kreisleriana wrote:
"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

Oh yes, I know that problem. Shmogg was an expert.

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/whatonearth.html

Yowie
--
"because its more fun being evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old August 11th 08, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Private time? There is no such thing as private time in this house. When
Victor Velcro was younger and he wanted in to a room where the door was
closed, well, he just dug his way in. The doors are veneer so the lower
quarter of our bathroom and bedroom doors are veneerless. He did get in but
only because we didn't want a hole in the door and so let the darn cat in.
Charleen
Aggie still on UTI pills
Victor Velcro who has calmed down thankfully,
The Kittens still bouncing off the walls.

Old August 11th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gracecat[_2_]

On 2008-08-10 16:23:49 -0500, Mischief said:

[...]

Unfortunately. Lunatic could care less but Mutt, our twelve year old
dog has a particular squeaky toy that we call her "sex toy". If we're
cuddling, that d*mned dog is going to grab her squeaky toy and hump it
until it squeaks for mercy, right underneath the bed.

Been doing it for nearly twelve years now.

Grace

Old August 12th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Unfortunately. Lunatic could care less but Mutt, our twelve year old
dog has a particular squeaky toy that we call her "sex toy". If we're
cuddling, that d*mned dog is going to grab her squeaky toy and hump it
until it squeaks for mercy, right underneath the bed.

Been doing it for nearly twelve years now.

Grace

LOL!!! Now I can just picture that.... LOL!!!

/\,,,/\
(='.'=)
(")_(") Kathy and Woodgie
Old August 13th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:

--
"because its more fun being evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Wow, Yowie. Where did you hear about Finland's finest (not)?

Old August 13th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Marina wrote:
Yowie wrote:

--
"because its more fun being evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Wow, Yowie. Where did you hear about Finland's finest (not)?

They are shown very late at night on some cable channel Joel was flipping
through. He thought they were great (rolls eyes) so found more of their
exploits on YouTube, and the love affair was born.

But hey, 4 young hunky guys with blonde hair, blue eyes and exotic accents
prepared to get naked.... Yup, I'll watch that. (even though I roll my eyes
and think 'idiots' and berate myself for watching such trash, I am still
strangely fixated when they are onthe TV and/or monitor...).

I did like the quote, though.

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old August 13th 08, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

The cats leave us alone, but the dog (now RB) use to watch intently.
I'm not sure if he understood what was going on. In the end we kicked
him out of the room as I found it embarrassing!

Dewi