Cats and 'private time'

Old August 13th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Cats and 'private time'

Yowie wrote:

But hey, 4 young hunky guys with blonde hair, blue eyes and exotic accents
prepared to get naked.... Yup, I'll watch that. (even though I roll my eyes
and think 'idiots' and berate myself for watching such trash, I am still
strangely fixated when they are onthe TV and/or monitor...).

Umm... hunky? They look like very ordinary Finnish guys to me. But maybe
that's exotic to you.

I did like the quote, though.

The quote is good.

Old August 13th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Mischief wrote:

can I have a little 'private time' please?

I wouldn't complain if I were you....

Many years ago 2 friends of mine got married and as a wedding present Brian
brought Kim 2 kittens, a burmese and a lilac point siamese, whom she named
Bonnie and Clyde.

Bonnie was a sweetheart but Clyde...Clyde LOVED his meowmie! Loved her to the
extent that he hated other people taking her attention away from him. We used
to go round there and he'd perch on the curtain rail and you could FEEL those
eyes boring into the back of your head as you sat there and if you looked
round you'd get a chilling glare of feline hatred. No-one apart from Kim
could handle him through with Kim, he was a complete softy

As for Brian...the very first night after they got back from their honeymoon
when things were hotting up in bed between them....Clyde launched himself
from the top of the wardrobe with all four sets of claws out and landed on
Brian's bare backside! Quite put him off.

Thereafter "foreplay" for the two of them included making sure Clyde wasn;t
in the bedroom and locking the door.

The marriage lasted 5 years and Clyde was certainly NOT one of the things
they argued over who was having when they broke up!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 16th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Mischief wrote:
So my man and I are in bed one morning cuddling, and suddenly 'Mrow?'
Mischief jumps onto the bed and wants attention NOW.

So I start petting and then I head another 'Meow?' which is Mayhem who
has jumped onto the bed all jealous because Mischief is getting
attention first.

I pet them both a little bit and then try to go back to
cuddling..course BOTH of them are now crying and whining while I'm
trying to have a nice time.

Finally Mishief the little minx nipped a hand and that did it. I
shooed them both off the bed and closed the door. I didn't close it
all the way, but put a shoe in front of it.

back to bed and back to cuddling..and we both get caught up in the
moment when 'MEOW!'

Mischief has pawed over the door, and was on the bed demanding to know
why she was shut OUT. Which resulted in her being picked up with a
squeek and the bedroom door CLOSED behind her.

can I have a little 'private time' please?

And this is an ongoing thing if the door is open. Mischief AND Mayhem
living up to their names as their mommy pays more attention to someone
else than THEM.

Sheesh....

anyone else have this problem?

-Kristi

lol! Well, since I'm separated, I don't anymore! But the cats jostle
each other for their pets from me. It's tough to give enough 'private
time' petting to 10 cats! But if I don't, I hear about it from some of
them. I swear Shadow used to be a wrestler in a former lifetime; he
will pin me down by sitting on my chest (and he is a VERY big boy) and
purring up a storm while licking my face. I can't do anything *but* pet
him -- lol.

Ginger-lyn