whaaaaaaaaaaaaat gives ?

Old July 31st 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Denise Clere

Default whaaaaaaaaaaaaat gives ?

ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's normal ,
i noticed a whitish patch about an inch long & almost as wide on his back
just below his shoulderblades, i thought "well he just got into some paint
somewhere,i'll try to remove it later, well, as i was bending down to look
at it, i said "good grief!' his fur looked (& felt) as if it had been
shaved off !!!!! it was smooth,not bloody or ragged looking,but looked
slightly irritated. could he have gotten caught on something that did that,
or did someone pin my baby down & shave him ???!!??? that's the only spot i
found but it's got me worried that it could happen again,i just let him back
outside a couple hr. ago,he's so used to coming & going as he pleases it's
hard to keep him in,he starts crying & scratching on the door if i do'nt let
him out!

Old July 31st 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

That's wierd. I'd want a vet to look at it. They could tell you if it were
shaved or something else. I would want to know if there is some freak out
ther.

"Denise Clere" wrote in message
.. .
ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's normal

,

Old July 31st 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Denise Clere wrote:
ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's
normal , i noticed a whitish patch about an inch long & almost as
wide on his back just below his shoulderblades, i thought "well he
just got into some paint somewhere,i'll try to remove it later, well,
as i was bending down to look at it, i said "good grief!' his fur
looked (& felt) as if it had been shaved off !!!!! it was smooth,not
bloody or ragged looking,but looked slightly irritated. could he
have gotten caught on something that did that, or did someone pin my
baby down & shave him ???!!??? that's the only spot i found but it's
got me worried that it could happen again,i just let him back outside
a couple hr. ago,he's so used to coming & going as he pleases it's
hard to keep him in,he starts crying & scratching on the door if i
do'nt let him out!

Very strange! Purrs that Oreo's OK.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 31st 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

[...]

Sounds like ringworm to me. Take him to the vet and ask to have a
blacklight put on it to be sure - but definitely take him to the vet, if
it's ringworm it's highly contagious even to humans.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 31st 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Maybe you can take him to the vet and ask?
Best wishes and purrs that it is nothing serious,
Polonca and Soncek

Denise Clere wrote:
ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's normal ,
i noticed a whitish patch about an inch long & almost as wide on his back
just below his shoulderblades, i thought "well he just got into some paint
somewhere,i'll try to remove it later, well, as i was bending down to look
at it, i said "good grief!' his fur looked (& felt) as if it had been
shaved off !!!!!snip

Old July 31st 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

Nanki-Poo had something like that. We have a lot of birds around, and he is
a hunter, so I thought maybe a bird had yanked out some of his fur.
Unfortunately, it itched, and he scratched until a much larger area was a
bloody mess. I took him to the vet, who shaved off some of the surrounding
hair and gave him a cortisone injection to stop the itching, so he would
quit scratching and let it heal. It finally did heal, but it looked awful
for quire a while. The vet thinks it was a reaction to a flea bite, but he
is treated with Frontline regularly, and I still lean toward my bird theory.
The fur has all grown back, and you can't see where it is now.

I'd have a vet look at it.

Joy

Old August 1st 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

My thoughts exactly.

kili