Scarlett could use some purrs

Old December 19th 04, 12:10 AM
Cheryl

Default Scarlett could use some purrs

We were at the vets all afternoon. She started out shivering this
afternoon (was fine all morning!) so I turned up the heat and held
her to warm her up. An hour or so later I thought she was fine, but
when I was in the bathroom getting ready to go out shopping, she
followed me in and started acting very strange, then jumped in the
tub and stood like she was trying to deficate, or straining, but had
pee running down her legs. She seemed trance-like and I picked her up
(she was still weeing a little, uncontrollably) and I looked under
her tail and there was some blood. Changed my plans and took her to
our old vet because new vet closes at 1 on Saturday. So she went
through a bunch of tests, x-rays, temp taken (it was slightly
elavated) and TED sent us home when she stabilized (she still kept
losing control of her bladder for the first hour or so at the vets)
with some meds. Bloodwork doesn't come back until Monday but it
seemed like a seizure to me. The blood on her behind is a mystery but
xrays were clear. She ate a little bit when we got home, not much,
and now she's sleeping with Rhett laying his head on her.

--
Cheryl
/very worried about her little girlbaby

Old December 19th 04, 12:37 AM
Dan M

snip

How very scary! We'll be sending our best get-better purrs. Please keep
us posted.
Old December 19th 04, 12:39 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:10:03 -0600, Cheryl
yodeled:

[...]

Oh, poor baby! All kinds of purrs for her recovery.

Theresa
Old December 19th 04, 12:43 AM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:10:03 -0600, Cheryl wrote:

[...]

Purring for Scarlett....we hope she improves quickly. MLB

Old December 19th 04, 12:49 AM
CatNipped

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

Oh Cheryl, mega-healing-purrs coming Scarlet's way. Did the vet think it
may have been a UTI, or kidney infection? That would explain the blood and
the uncontrollable urination.

Please keep us posted!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 19th 04, 01:10 AM
KellyH

Poor little girl, and poor Cheryl! My foster kitty had uncontrollable
seizures when she was 4 months old. It was very, very scary. Did Scarlett
walk around in a circle after the episode?
Purrs that it's nothing serious.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old December 19th 04, 01:13 AM
Irulan

oh man, scarey, eh? We will purr and pray that poor Scarlett feels better
soon. How old is she?
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 19th 04, 01:17 AM
CatNipped

"Cheryl" wrote in message

No, the blood was around her rectum. The vet thought more likely
diarrhea was the cause of that. She's been wormed twice in the last
month and a half as part of her initial vet visits, had a fecal
float done, etc. Her urine was clear, not even yellowish at all and
no blood in it (I know because she peed on me, on the vet, and in
the tub). The loss of bladder control is what made me think seizure
because of the way she wasn't even squatting. It was just leaking
out. Hopefully the bloodwork will turn up something, or else rule
out something. I'm hoping the vomitting and diarrhea (if she had
it, I can't find proof of that but diarrhea is hard to see in kitty
litter) could have come from Christmas cactus. Vet said it could be
that, but I can't find anything that says CC are toxic. One site
said it could cause vomitting and diarrhea though. As for seizure,
no idea what to think of that. Maybe all of this is unrelated,
maybe not. Just worried.

thanks for sending purrs.

--
Cheryl

Oh I know how worried you must be! Purrrayers coming that all will turn out
well.

I found this link that says Christmas Cactus is non-toxic,
http://www.wctropicalbird.com/bird%2...n/toxic_plants
..htm, but I don't know if that applies to cats as well (chocolate is
non-toxic to us but bad for kitties). Do you have a tree up this year, or
is there anything else around she could have chewed on (kittens will chew on
just about anything when they are teething!)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 19th 04, 01:19 AM
Dan M

KellyH wrote:

Poor little girl, and poor Cheryl! My foster kitty had uncontrollable
seizures when she was 4 months old. It was very, very scary. Did Scarlett
walk around in a circle after the episode?
Purrs that it's nothing serious.

FWIW, my parents had a Springer Spaniel that was epileptic. She would
have a grand mal seizure any time a loud noise started up near her. She
lived to a ripe old age, and her anti-seizure meds didn't diminish her
quality of life one bit.

My brother's Springer was just recently diagnosed as epileptic too, and
is getting along just fine with her meds.

Purrs that Scarlett's problem is either something temporary or something
easily treated with meds.

Dan

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM