Little brat!

Old April 19th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Little brat!

Nanki-Poo and Lindy get along pretty well for the most part. That is, they
get along as well as any sister and brother do. Like all younger brothers,
Nanki-Poo likes to tease Lindy, and, like all older sisters, Lindy reacts
with annoyance.

Neither of them like to use the cat door if they can get me to open the door
for them, which I'll usually do if I'm in the kitchen when they want to go
out. They generally do go out after I've given them their bedtime treats.

For some reason, Lindy likes to circle around the wastebasket, which is
large and oblong, so that she is parallel to the wall, before doing a 90
degree turn to go out the door.

Last night Nanki-Poo was in a mischievous mood. Lindy indicated she wanted
out, and did her thing with the wastebasket. She was standing between the
wastebasket and the wall next to the door when I opened it. Immediately,
Nanki-Poo dashed to the doorway before Lindy could go out. Then he paused
in the doorway, with his feet on the lower level of the garage floor, and
his rear end, tail raised, just in front of Lindy's face. He stood there
for at least a full minute before he finally sauntered out. Then, instead
of going out the back garage door into the yard, he decided to sit on the
mat that is just on the garage side of the door. Naturally, with him
sitting there, Lindy couldn't go out without risking an "attack". I haven't
seen him do that before, but no doubt he'll try it again, now he knows how
well it works.

Nanki showed no inclination of moving any time soon, so I gently shooed him
out so Lindy could go out.

Joy

Old April 20th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It's the cat equivalent of "I'm not touching you!" ::grin::

Cheers,
Azy!

"After a long day spent warming myself on a sun-roasted eiderdown, I've
decided that writer's block is nature's punishment for being too
comfortable for too long." ~Mr. Fleez

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

Old April 20th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Right. During the first few months after I brought Nanki-Poo home from the
shelter, there were many episodes of, "He's looking at me, Mama! Make him
stop!"

Which reminds me of something OT. My sister is a high school teacher. A
few days ago she was called into the principal's office. Once she was
inside, with the door closed, the principal said, "I'm required to call you
in here and tell you when there is a complaint about you. The mother of one
of your students called to complain that her daughter said you looked at
her." It turns out that the girl hadn't turned in her work on time, and had
said that my sister hadn't told her when it was due, even though most of the
other students had turned their work in on the due date. Apparently my
sister had glared at her.

The principal then said, "Okay, now I've told you," and they laughed
together.

Joy

"Azy" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's the cat equivalent of "I'm not touching you!" ::grin::

Cheers,
Azy!

"After a long day spent warming myself on a sun-roasted eiderdown, I've
decided that writer's block is nature's punishment for being too
comfortable for too long." ~Mr. Fleez

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

Dratted brat! Dratted tail! Marina Cat anecdotes 1 March 25th 06 12:46 PM
Brat cat update Yoj Cat anecdotes 20 May 21st 04 10:57 PM
Brat cats Yoj Cat anecdotes 18 May 18th 04 01:08 AM
Brat Horse BW Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 20 May 15th 04 10:54 AM
the little brat Mischief Cat anecdotes 6 February 2nd 04 09:25 PM