Open this door!

Old May 8th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Open this door!

What is it with cats and closed doors? I mean, why do cats always have
to be on the other side of them? If you have a cat or cats you know
what I mean. You're sitting in the next room watching TV or reading,
and you hear a loud meow. Its tone can mean only one thing:

CAT: Open this door for me!
YOU: I'm sitting down.
YOU: I'm occupied.
CAT: Open this door for me!
YOU: You were just on the other side...
CAT: Open this door for me!
YOU: ...five minutes ago.
CAT: Open this door for me!
YOU: Your food and water and litterpan are on this side.
CAT: Open this door for me!
YOU: You're doing this to annoy me, and you're succeeding.
CAT: Open this door for me!
YOU: Look, I've had just about enough of your nonsense!
CAT: OPEN THIS DOOR FOR ME!!!!!
YOU: Oh, all right.

Five minutes later, from the other side of the door:

CAT: Open this door for me!

Familiar at your place?

Old May 8th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mom used to get so disgusted. SHe would say to the cat who had just jumped
on the screen to be let in for the 50th time on a nice day "In or out! In or
out! Make up you mind!"

ps.com...

Old May 9th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bobcat" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Cali plays a similar game when I go down to the basement. She walks around
to all the doors waiting for me to open them, so she can inspect the
contents. I gave up arguing with her long ago. The Workshop is the only
place she is not allowed (unless cleaned up) and also the first door she
insists be opened.

Smokey is a little more impertinent. Smokey has always stood by the corner
of the couch and howled for her bowl. But lately she's been howling for
other things. I would get up to get her bowl, but she would not follow.
After finding her in my seat when I got back from the bowl trip a few times.
I realized that she was trying to tell me I was in her seat. She said I was
a dumb slave having taken so long to figure out this rouse.

Old May 9th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bobcat wrote:
Five minutes later, from the other side of the door:

CAT: Open this door for me!

Familiar at your place?

Yes, very familiar. Frank sometimes used to go around and open all
cupboard and closet doors. When he'd opened them all, he was satisfied
and could go to sleep for the rest of the day.

Miranda always wants to be on the other side of the door to the
enclosure. In the winter, it's too cold to keep it open all the time,
but happily it's warm enough now to have it open all day. I close it for
the night, though (my bed is right beside the door), and she always gets
a panic attack when I close it. She runs around the flat screaming 'OH
NO SHE SHUT THE DOOR WE ARE GOING TO SUFFOCATE!! SAVE YOURSELF, CALIBAN,
WE WILL NEVER GET OUT OF HERE AGAIN!!!'

Caliban is scratching at the closet doors right now, but then he knows
there is a big bag of food for him that I packed for my brother to take
to the island on one of his spring trips there.

Old May 9th 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Amazing rescue of miners

Today miners were saved after 14 days after a rock fall trapped them 1
kilometer underground in a gold mine in Tasmania. it took many days of
tunnelling through rock 13 meters to reach them. The tunnel was 1 meter
wide, the miners were kept alive with a 10 cm pipe which supplied them with
water and food, for the days they were trapped. They were in a small
cramped area, not able to stand or walk about. They reached the surface at
6 am this morning. unbelievably they walked out to the waiting ambulances !
They are in good condition, the whole nation will sleep better tonight.
Marie from OZ

ps.com...

Old May 9th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yes, it's an amazing story, I've been following it in the news the whole
time. They didn't know they were still alive for the first 5 days. 1
other miner died. I feel bad for his family, but am so glad for the
other 2 that made it, and their families. What an ordeal!
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Marie Lawrence wrote:
Today miners were saved after 14 days after a rock fall trapped them
1 kilometer underground in a gold mine in Tasmania. it took many days
of tunnelling through rock 13 meters to reach them. The tunnel was 1
meter wide, the miners were kept alive with a 10 cm pipe which
supplied them with water and food, for the days they were trapped.
They were in a small cramped area, not able to stand or walk about.
They reached the surface at 6 am this morning. unbelievably they
walked out to the waiting ambulances ! They are in good condition, the
whole nation will sleep better tonight. Marie from OZ

ps.com...

Old May 9th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:
Anyone who lives in a mining community is familiar with the terrors
of cave ins and other mining disasters. While I have no direct family
or friedns who work inour coal mines, I know people who know
people.....
I have a great deal of admiration for anyone who can walk into a
mine, I even get a bit freaked out in those beautiful limestone
caves, especially when they turn the lights off . While greatly
relieved that the two miners could walk out of hteir alive, my heart
is with the family & friends of Larry Knight, the miner who died in
the rockfall.
And sadly, I give it a year before someone is cashing in by making a
'for tv' movie about it all.

Yowie

They do that in Australia? The TV movie thing? Gawd, I thought that
was an Americanism.

Old May 9th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marie Lawrence wrote:
Today miners were saved after 14 days after a rock fall trapped them
1 kilometer underground in a gold mine in Tasmania. it took many days
of tunnelling through rock 13 meters to reach them. The tunnel was 1
meter wide, the miners were kept alive with a 10 cm pipe which
supplied them with water and food, for the days they were trapped.
They were in a small cramped area, not able to stand or walk about.
They reached the surface at 6 am this morning. unbelievably they
walked out to the waiting ambulances ! They are in good condition,
the whole nation will sleep better tonight. Marie from OZ

I saw that on the news this morning, it made a nice change to wake up to
good news.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 9th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in
:

And sadly, I give it a year before someone is cashing in by making a
'for tv' movie about it all.

As long as it's the families who are getting some of that cash, that's
not a bad thing.

Chak

--
There is something wonderful in seeing a wrong-headed majority assailed
by truth.
Old May 9th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

That's wonderful. I have total empathy for miners and their families. Rough
job, too little pay, and dangerous. God was watching out for them.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Marie Lawrence" wrote in message
u...
Today miners were saved after 14 days after a rock fall trapped them 1
kilometer underground in a gold mine in Tasmania. it took many days of
tunnelling through rock 13 meters to reach them. The tunnel was 1 meter
wide, the miners were kept alive with a 10 cm pipe which supplied them
with water and food, for the days they were trapped. They were in a
small cramped area, not able to stand or walk about. They reached the
surface at 6 am this morning. unbelievably they walked out to the waiting
ambulances ! They are in good condition, the whole nation will sleep
better tonight. Marie from OZ

"Bobcat" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

all open hats below the upper fog were pouring in front of the brave autumn LtCmdr O. O. Barker Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:22 PM
it will open stupidly, unless Frederic sows carpenters about Stephanie's pitcher Horny Necrophiliac Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 01:34 PM
i am easily open, so I open you [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 11:53 AM
Door Bungee Ruby Tuesday Cats - misc 10 December 12th 03 08:29 AM
Cat Door in wall? Suzie-Q Cats - misc 2 August 12th 03 05:34 PM