I started the cat condo

Old July 30th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default I started the cat condo

Dunno why I put it off for so long. The whole clowder is fascinated watching
me, and I keep telling them it's gonna be their special palace - not for
being very big or fancy, but for being built by their meowmie's own hands
and being one-of-a-kind. Pics will follow upon completion....

Old July 30th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Pat purred:
Dunno why I put it off for so long. The whole clowder is fascinated
watching me, and I keep telling them it's gonna be their special
palace - not for being very big or fancy, but for being built by
their meowmie's own hands and being one-of-a-kind. Pics will follow
upon completion....

Can't wait to see what a homemade cat-condo looks like!

Old July 30th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Pat wrote:
Dunno why I put it off for so long. The whole clowder is fascinated
watching me, and I keep telling them it's gonna be their special
palace - not for being very big or fancy, but for being built by
their meowmie's own hands and being one-of-a-kind. Pics will follow
upon completion....

Good luck Pam, can't wait to see the pics! Building your own is a great
way to save money. You'll end up with a much sturdier product for way
less money.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old July 30th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
In ,
Pat purred:
Dunno why I put it off for so long. The whole clowder is fascinated
watching me, and I keep telling them it's gonna be their special
palace - not for being very big or fancy, but for being built by
their meowmie's own hands and being one-of-a-kind. Pics will follow
upon completion....

Can't wait to see what a homemade cat-condo looks like!

I built this one myself in Thailand with a tiny bit of help from Dennis
to wrap the sisal around the post:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/badwil...29.jpg&.src=ph
Dennis and I recently built this one together:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/badwil...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Old July 30th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"badwilson" wrote

Good luck Pam, can't wait to see the pics! Building your own is a great
way to save money. You'll end up with a much sturdier product for way
less money.

Yes, I'm using materials that I've hading laying around forever, even the
sisal rope has been with me since Arizona (in the ex's stuff - didn't know
it was here until the other day), so the cost is nil. I didn't get any tubes
for this one. Eventually I'll build another, with tubes. I'm amazed at the
one with seven platforms, all for just *one* cat! Can't let anyone here see
that or I'll get nagged half to death!

Old July 31st 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Pat wrote:
"badwilson" wrote

Good luck Pam, can't wait to see the pics! Building your own is a
great way to save money. You'll end up with a much sturdier product
for way less money.

Yes, I'm using materials that I've hading laying around forever, even
the sisal rope has been with me since Arizona (in the ex's stuff -
didn't know it was here until the other day), so the cost is nil. I
didn't get any tubes for this one. Eventually I'll build another,
with tubes. I'm amazed at the one with seven platforms, all for just
*one* cat! Can't let anyone here see that or I'll get nagged half to
death!

We never used tubes either, couldn't find any. We just used logs.
Cheap but heavy!

Old July 31st 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:
"badwilson" wrote

Good luck Pam, can't wait to see the pics! Building your own is a great
way to save money. You'll end up with a much sturdier product for way
less money.

Yes, I'm using materials that I've hading laying around forever, even the
sisal rope has been with me since Arizona (in the ex's stuff - didn't know
it was here until the other day), so the cost is nil. I didn't get any tubes
for this one. Eventually I'll build another, with tubes. I'm amazed at the
one with seven platforms, all for just *one* cat! Can't let anyone here see
that or I'll get nagged half to death!

What kind of tubes are you talking about? DH uses these things that are
used to ship equipment to his work. It's a pressed cardboard tube about
1" thick, 15" diameter, couple of feet long (cut to fit). He gets them
free. Some people use "concrete forms" that you buy at Home Depot. When
he builds for the humane society, I can usually get carpet & lumber
donated. One bit of info. I did pick up was when I was looking for
4X4's. All they had was treated lumber in stock. The lumberyard guy
told me that treated lumber (like landscape timbers) contains arsenic.
So that's something I do'nt think I"d use, especially if it's not
covered with carpet. That was new info. to me.

Sherry

Old July 31st 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
oups.com...

Pat wrote:
"badwilson" wrote

[...]

Yes, that's very important. You also need to beware of treated lumber if
you build your own outdoor furniture. I read a warning about this several
years ago in a gardening magazine.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

The protesting has started Mischief Cat anecdotes 1 July 7th 06 10:46 PM
Vino's new cat condo badwilson Cat anecdotes 16 May 28th 06 02:21 PM
My Unique Cat Condo Pat Cat anecdotes 8 February 22nd 06 12:17 AM
Vomiting started suddenly, with frequency jmc Cat health & behaviour 10 February 19th 06 11:05 PM
Cat Condo Stacey Sharpe Cat anecdotes 3 October 26th 03 10:19 AM