Who Shut the Closet Door?

Old August 16th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Who Shut the Closet Door?

I never shut the door to the closet in this room (my office). It's always
ajar at least 5 inches. That closet is Persia's hidey-hole and nap spot.
She loves to snooze on the plush rolled-up comforter in this closet. She
disappeared for a few hours so I assumed she was napping on said comforter.
I just came back into the room after doing chores around the house. She was
meatloafing in front of the *closed closet door*! Wha??? Who shut the
closet door? Poor baby! I opened it and she immediately sidled in and
settled on HER comforter for a proper snooze

Jill

Old August 16th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

jmcquown wrote:
I never shut the door to the closet in this room (my office). It's always
ajar at least 5 inches. That closet is Persia's hidey-hole and nap spot.
She loves to snooze on the plush rolled-up comforter in this closet. She
disappeared for a few hours so I assumed she was napping on said comforter.
I just came back into the room after doing chores around the house. She was
meatloafing in front of the *closed closet door*! Wha??? Who shut the
closet door? Poor baby! I opened it and she immediately sidled in and
settled on HER comforter for a proper snooze

Jill

Well, I KNOW who was guilty last night when I got so involved in my
writing and the Yankees game that I didn't notice that I had put my
cloth bag full of stuff on Wootoo's computer chair, so she couldn't
supervise me as she usually does. She let me know about it though; she
chirps before she yowls so it isn't unpleasant if I am not tardy in
responding. Then I put the cloth bag on the dresser and she assumed the
throne.

Will in New Haven

Old August 16th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:
I never shut the door to the closet in this room (my office). It's always
ajar at least 5 inches. That closet is Persia's hidey-hole and nap spot.
She loves to snooze on the plush rolled-up comforter in this closet. She
disappeared for a few hours so I assumed she was napping on said comforter.
I just came back into the room after doing chores around the house. She was
meatloafing in front of the *closed closet door*! Wha??? Who shut the
closet door? Poor baby! I opened it and she immediately sidled in and
settled on HER comforter for a proper snooze

Jill

Tell Persia that Yoda says it could always be worse. He sneaks in the
coat closet every time he catches it open, and I am forever shutting
the door and not knowing he is in there!

Sherry

Old August 16th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:23:33 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

I never shut the door to the closet in this room (my office). It's always
ajar at least 5 inches. That closet is Persia's hidey-hole and nap spot.
She loves to snooze on the plush rolled-up comforter in this closet. She
disappeared for a few hours so I assumed she was napping on said comforter.
I just came back into the room after doing chores around the house. She was
meatloafing in front of the *closed closet door*! Wha??? Who shut the
closet door? Poor baby! I opened it and she immediately sidled in and
settled on HER comforter for a proper snooze

Jill

I washed my summer blanket and when I took it out of the dryer, I hung it
over the back of a chair in the computer room. You guessed it! When I
went into the room later, it was on the floor with a big, fat cat sleeping
on it. MLB
Old August 17th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Imp likes to snooze on the pile of laundry that my roomie has behind
her bedroom door. More on one occasion he has gotten so comfortable
that he'll streeeeeeetch out and *click* the door is now shut.

Of course this happens when the roomie has left for work and I am
trying to sleep. (mornings here mean "PET ME!")

First he'll scratch at the door. Sometimes i'll hear it but not
usually.

One morning i hear a door rattling. I realized it's my roomie's bedroom
door and I think "The roomie shouldn't be here" I walk out and her
door is shut.......

And there is a black paw hooked under the door puling and rattling the
door.

I open the door and a black streak darts out of the room, into my room
and under my bed. I come back into my room to see a black tail
sticking out from underneath. Silly.......

I also fondly remember the first day i brought him home. He's my very
first cat and I was determined to bond with him. I adopted him from a
cat rescue group. He had been abandoned in a park as a tiny kitten.
The rescue lady had named him 'Boomer' because after she had found him,
she put him in the bathroom with a litterbox/food/water, etc. And then
after petting him, she turned out the light and shut the door (it was
night)

She turned to leave when suddenly she heard a very loud
"MREOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!" Apparently from what she told me it was
loudest sound she had EVER heard come out of a kitten. And so she
named him Boomer.

When I brought him home, the roomie said, "Uh, my ex BF nickname was
Boomer." Oops..... So we came up with Imp, an appropriate name for a
black cat.

I took him out of the carrier and held him in my lap while i was seated
in my room. He looked around and i began to pet him. Slowly he seemed
to relax and I talked softly to him. Then i felt him start to purr a
tiny bit. After another five minutes i thought i would let him go to
see if he would start to explore my room.

Well the purring was just a ruse, cause as soon as i let go of him,
ZOOM!!! He darted underneath my bed and crawled to the very back.
*sigh*

So i decided to just let him be and hopefully he would come out.

Then in the middle of the night, i woke up and was rolling over when I
heard a "mrow?" I turned on the light. There was nothing in the room.
Then another "mrow?" It came from the large closet with the sliding
doors. I normally keep the doors shut, but one was open about six
inches. I opened up the door wider and suddenly he shot out of the
closet and back under the bed.

My guess is he crawled inside to explore the massive closet and after
manuevering past my shoes and boxes and clothes........he got lost.
Poor thing!!!

Oh and btw, he hasn't spoken that much since then. He's the silent
type.

Kristi

Old August 17th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Do you know what it's like to be reaching down to a pile of laundry to
sort through it and a piece of it suddenly moves and runs away?

Imp does that to me all the time and every time scares the hell out of
me.

Kristi

What's her problem?/The little MINX!!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 3 June 14th 06 09:21 PM
out of my mind? Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 20 May 15th 06 11:59 PM
Open this door! Bobcat Cat anecdotes 9 May 9th 06 05:37 PM
Crazy kitties (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 August 20th 04 04:20 AM
Indoor cat figured out doggie door Tom Meter Cat rescue 18 April 17th 04 03:13 PM