A Candle for RPCA

Old March 26th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Default A Candle for RPCA

I do hope I am not overstepping my boundries, but I just put up a candle for
us, RPCA because SO many folks here are going thru so many losses and
troubles that I felt. compelled dto do it.
It is done with much love and kindness.
Love
Kyla

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=RPCA

Old March 26th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
I do hope I am not overstepping my boundries, but I just put up a candle
for us, RPCA because SO many folks here are going thru so many losses and
troubles that I felt. compelled dto do it.
It is done with much love and kindness.
Love
Kyla

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=RPCA

Sorry, but I really wish you hadn't done that, Kyla. RPCA is not dead and I
thought that was in very bad taste.

CatNipped

Old March 26th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

"Kyla =^..^="
I do hope I am not overstepping my boundries, but I just put up a candle
for us, RPCA because SO many folks here are going thru so many losses and
troubles that I felt. compelled dto do it.
It is done with much love and kindness.
Love
Kyla

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=RPCA

I just looked to see if anyone had lit one besides me,
and someone from Texas did, with no words....
thank you so much....it means a lot to me.
Kyla

Old March 27th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
I do hope I am not overstepping my boundries, but I just put up a candle
for us, RPCA because SO many folks here are going thru so many losses and
troubles that I felt. compelled dto do it.
It is done with much love and kindness.
Love
Kyla

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=RPCA

Sorry, but I really wish you hadn't done that, Kyla. RPCA is not dead and
I thought that was in very bad taste.

CatNipped

Lighting a candle to express sorrow for people's losses is not in bad taste;
it was meant well and maybe helped someone feel better.
Christine

Old March 27th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christine Burel" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
I do hope I am not overstepping my boundries, but I just put up a candle
for us, RPCA because SO many folks here are going thru so many losses and
troubles that I felt. compelled dto do it.
It is done with much love and kindness.
Love
Kyla

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=RPCA

Sorry, but I really wish you hadn't done that, Kyla. RPCA is not dead
and I thought that was in very bad taste.

CatNipped

Lighting a candle to express sorrow for people's losses is not in bad
taste; it was meant well and maybe helped someone feel better.
Christine

I agree. I was surprised to see a candle lit for rpca, but it was not in
bad taste. Candles are used for various purposes, and not just for death.

MaryL

Old March 27th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
I do hope I am not overstepping my boundries, but I just put up a candle
for us, RPCA because SO many folks here are going thru so many losses and
troubles that I felt. compelled dto do it.
It is done with much love and kindness.
Love
Kyla

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=RPCA

Sorry, but I really wish you hadn't done that, Kyla. RPCA is not dead and
I thought that was in very bad taste.

CatNipped

Maybe you need to look and see that it gave 7 people a way to express their
feelings

Old March 27th 10, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
I do hope I am not overstepping my boundries, but I just put up a candle
for us, RPCA because SO many folks here are going thru so many losses
and troubles that I felt. compelled dto do it.
It is done with much love and kindness.
Love
Kyla

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=RPCA

Sorry, but I really wish you hadn't done that, Kyla. RPCA is not dead
and I thought that was in very bad taste.

CatNipped

Lighting a candle to express sorrow for people's losses is not in bad
taste; it was meant well and maybe helped someone feel better.
Christine

I agree. I was surprised to see a candle lit for rpca, but it was not in
bad taste. Candles are used for various purposes, and not just for death.

MaryL

I knew there would be those to jump to Kyla defense on this and I was not
going to reply. However, you and I used to be friends (I still appreciate
the Feliway plug-in you sent me when we were trying to integrate Hunter into
our clowder).

I get upset by Kyla's lighting a candle because she's making a mockery of it
by lighting one for every little thing ("I hope I'm not overstepping myself,
but I lit a candle for Matthew's hurt toe"). It *USED* to mean something, a
way for the group, *AS* a group, to express deep sorrow - and Adrian used it
quietly and with dignity to help the group overcome tragedy and get us
through hard times.

And yes, it *did* used to be only for a death in "our" family until Kyla
came along and changed all that. Even if she would do it with sincerity
instead of as an attention-getting act it would still rankle that she is
making it into a meaningless act. A lot of people feel like, well if she
likes it, it's a harmless thing to do - but it's not, it's just another way
to change this group and its traditions from something that was rare and
beautiful into just another squabbling newsgroup like every other out there,
and *that's* what I resent. If she likes to light candles so much, then she
can light them on her own and email all her email buddies here asking them
to go light them - or even start a candle lighting group. I just wish she'd
stop doing it here!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 27th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"CatNipped"
snipped

Sorry but Looks You got a serious problem today from your replies. I don't
know if it is a bad day. You woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what.
We all know you have health issues and are in pain so it can account for
some issues. Please Deal with it and leave the group out of it. WE are not
your targets to lash out at.

Old March 27th 10, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

This is no time to be arguing over something like this. I looked at several
of the groups on the candle site and they are for all sorts of things..New
Babies, Illness, Weddings, all sorts of things. Please don't let us argue
at a time when we are all feeling sad for the loss of a friend.