Jack Russell next door

Old June 14th 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Jack Russell next door

It's driving me mad. Our houses are attached and every time they leave it it
barks for hours. and howls. Weekends are the worst, they leave it alone
all day.
I do expect a dog to bark if I have one next door, but it's getting too
much. They recently had a baby and the dog seems to have gone out of the
window. I've tried very hard for the past 18 months not to bother about
it, but no the continual barking is really getting on my nerves.
It's not his fault. He's left alone too much.
I am not up to falling out with a new neighbour. but. they leave him alone
too much and the poor lad is breaking his heart about it. They are out all
day every day and every weekend, he sits in the window looking for them.
And barks and barks.

Old June 14th 15, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot[_2_]

Shut up you stupid ****.

--
:-)
Don't let the Zombies get you!!!!

My God is better than your god!!!!

Old June 14th 15, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

It's driving me mad. Our houses are attached and every time they leave it it
barks for hours. and howls. Weekends are the worst, they leave it alone
all day.
I do expect a dog to bark if I have one next door, but it's getting too
much. They recently had a baby and the dog seems to have gone out of the
window. I've tried very hard for the past 18 months not to bother about
it, but no the continual barking is really getting on my nerves.
It's not his fault. He's left alone too much.
I am not up to falling out with a new neighbour. but. they leave him alone
too much and the poor lad is breaking his heart about it. They are out all
day every day and every weekend, he sits in the window looking for them.
And barks and barks.

Do you have animal control where you could reports this (both as a
nuisance to you and as neglect to the dog)? Of course, that does mean
that you would be stirring up trouble with the neighbors, but it may
come to that. It would be a good idea to take a tape recording of the
constant barking that you could play for animal control or the police.

There are some places that have "doggy day care" available, but that is
expensive. It does not sound like your neighbors would go for that.

MaryL

Old June 15th 15, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
It's driving me mad. Our houses are attached and every time they leave it it
barks for hours. and howls. Weekends are the worst, they leave it alone
all day.
I do expect a dog to bark if I have one next door, but it's getting too
much. They recently had a baby and the dog seems to have gone out of the
window. I've tried very hard for the past 18 months not to bother about
it, but no the continual barking is really getting on my nerves.
It's not his fault. He's left alone too much.
I am not up to falling out with a new neighbour. but. they leave him alone
too much and the poor lad is breaking his heart about it. They are out all
day every day and every weekend, he sits in the window looking for them.
And barks and barks.

A friend in California had a cat who solved a similar problem. Every
time her neighbor's yappy little miniature poodle got om his nerves, her
twenty pound marmalade, Billy, would go over and beat up the dog. That
worked just fine until the dog forgot, and had to be taught another
lesson.) (-))

Old June 17th 15, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

I don't want to report them to anyone, because they will get annoyed and
then I will have bad neighbours each side. It's really difficult. The poor
dog just breaks his heart about being left for so long. He is up in the
window all day waiting for them to come home. Once he starts barking he
doesn't know how to stop.
My options are 1. knock on their door and tell it how it is, that leaving
their dog alone for so long is distressing him and he is is really upset and
I'm fed up with hearing him barking and howling. They won't like it.
2. Involve the RSPCA.. the animal act of 2006 covers home alone. They will
know it's me, though.
3. Continue to ignore it as I've done for the past 18 months and seethe.

Old June 17th 15, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

Seething is not a good thing.

I know you don't want to confront them but perhaps they don't realize
the dog barks from the minute they leave until they get back home.

I like the suggestion of inviting them for tea; they'll have to hear the
dog barking because it will be alone. Then you could mention it barks
like that all the time.

Jill
Old June 17th 15, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

Christina wrote:
It's driving me mad. Our houses are attached and every time they leave it
it barks for hours. and howls. Weekends are the worst, they leave it
alone all day.
I do expect a dog to bark if I have one next door, but it's getting too
much. They recently had a baby and the dog seems to have gone out of the
window. I've tried very hard for the past 18 months not to bother
about it, but no the continual barking is really getting on my nerves.
It's not his fault. He's left alone too much.
I am not up to falling out with a new neighbour. but. they leave him
alone too much and the poor lad is breaking his heart about it. They are
out all day every day and every weekend, he sits in the window looking
for them.
And barks and barks.

Shut up you stupid ****.

Well, that's you into you into the killfile. It's possible to disagree and
have a robust argument on here without being insulting. I gave you every
chance
Plonk.
If there any word I dislike it's the c word and anyone who uses it on the
group is gone instantly.
You don't like to be told that you should have got Hobo neutered , do you?
Call me what you want, you should get him the snip.

Old June 17th 15, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina wrote:
[...]

Finally!

If there any word I dislike it's the c word and anyone who uses it on the
group is gone instantly.
You don't like to be told that you should have got Hobo neutered , do you?
Call me what you want, you should get him the snip.

Tweed, rant all you want, that snip isn't going to happen. I'm not sure
there even is a cat that needs snipped. He's a troll. You've been
around long enough to recognize the nice then completely wacky signs.

Jill
Old June 17th 15, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
It's driving me mad. Our houses are attached and every time they leave
it it barks for hours. and howls. Weekends are the worst, they leave
it alone all day. I do expect a dog to bark if I have one next door,
but it's getting too much. They recently had a baby and the dog seems
to have gone out of the window. I've tried very hard for the past 18
months not to bother about it, but no the continual barking is really
getting on my nerves. It's not his fault. He's left alone too much. I am
not up to falling out with a new neighbour. but. they leave him alone
too much and the poor lad is breaking his heart about it. They are out
all day every day and every weekend, he sits in the window looking for
them. And barks and barks.

These situations are very difficult. Although our house is detached it is
attached to our next door neighbours garage. This means that we hear the
noise they make in there, mainly doors banging. We thought at first it was
the back door of the garage and they did put a weighted spring on it but
we still her doors banging. I think it's the cupboards they've got in
there. It gets quite bad so I counted on one occasion and we had 18 bangs
in one half hour. I can't imagine what they're doing in there. They're
good neighbours and like you I don't want to upset them especially as
they've already tried) but it's driving us mad.

Do you think it might be an idea to invite them round for a coffee so that
the dog is left on his own. Then they would hear the noise he makes? you
could offer to take him a walk but I don't think you want to get that tied
down or involved. Or what if when they're just coming home you get out
into your front garden and start up a conversation dropping it in that
conversation that you knew they were out because you heard their dog?

We never see each other. We don't know
each other they put up a huge fence when I was in hospital so we won't be
chatting over the garden fence.
Might be because of their JR versus they knew I had a cat, or not. They
certainly rushed out when Boyfie had fight as the JR was out in the garden
at the time. They thought he'd got hold of a cat, but not so. It was
Boyfriend getting hold of a badcat at 12.30 pm because "it was near my
house"
Actually they are not badcats or nortycats at all. they merely want to pass
through my garden and jump the gate to somewhere else.
but if he sees them there will be a fight.

Old June 17th 15, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

None of that past history helps with trying to let them know *now* the
JR barks all the time when they aren't home. They might not realize it
because they aren't there. (Where is the baby in all this? off with a
sitter?) The obviously don't know it's bothering you. (I remember
because because you've mentioned it before._

If you don't tell them, how else are they to know? It doesn't have to
be presented in a confrontational manner. I understand it's likely
uncomfortable to do. But I wouldn't sit and seeth about it.

Jill