Any fabric designed to act as a "hairbrush"

Old August 26th 05, 11:28 AM
kate

I guess your cat has long hair so this may not help however my cat used
to enjoy firm stroking sometimes and I used to get HUGE amounts of hair
off him just by running the palms of my hands firmly down his body from
head to base of tail. He would sit on my lap for ages (I usually got
bored before he did) and I could get about a 2L ice cream tub of
(non-squashed down) hair off him.

He would also *sometimes* tolerate a nylon bristled brush but never the
other side which was wire bristled.

Kate

Old August 26th 05, 03:03 PM
shortfuse

I forgot...in regards to hairballs, they do have some kind of "treat" in a
tube. Its salmon flavored to help keep hairballs under control. But that
doesnt take the place of keeping a cat groomed. It's like us, You wouldnt
think of going a week w/o combing your hair.
"Gail" wrote in message
nk.net...
You can try Purr Pads, which cats love to sleep on. They do have something
in the fabric that collects the cats' hair. They can be purchased at pet
stores, Wal Mart, and many other places.
Gail
"Diane" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:

Kiran wrote:
I want my cat to avoid hairballs and do try to brush her everyday.

However, it occurred to me that while she resists brushing, she likes
to roll around all the time quite happily, and if a fabric was
designed
to remove hair, that would be the best solution?

Any ideas?

Kiran

I recommend Zoom Groom by Kong. It's a big, rubber thing with chunky
bristles. It picks up fur by static, and since there's no scratchy
wire, most cats tend to like it quite a bit. Three of our four will
purr deeply while getting brushed and I get out SO MUCH HAIR!. The
fourth...hates everything, so what can you do.

I just got one. Hodge's behaviour didn't change -- he still rolls around
and attacks whatever is in front of him, then turns around and attacks
the hand with the brush, which then ceases and desists for a bit. The
Zoom Groom seems to get the coarser top hair (in his case, the
orange/red stuff). The rake seems to get all white hair, which also
seems finer.
--
Web site:
http://www.slywy.com/

Old August 26th 05, 11:52 PM
jils

zoom groom and the furminator .. amazing inventions!
even if the cat doesn't like being groomed, you can achieve so much in
such a short time with these devices!

Old August 27th 05, 12:14 AM
Ray

shortfuse wrote:

I forgot...in regards to hairballs, they do have some kind of "treat" in a
tube. Its salmon flavored to help keep hairballs under control. But that
doesnt take the place of keeping a cat groomed.

There's another product by Pfizer, called Lax'aire. It's also in a tube;
contains codliver oil, soybean oil, peptonized iron and liquid petrolatum.
It's a laxative. Doesn't eliminate hairballs, but it makes it much easier
for the cat to get rid of the hairball. And my lot can't resist the taste!
Old August 27th 05, 01:18 AM
mlbriggs

Kiran wrote:
I want my cat to avoid hairballs and do try to brush her everyday.

However, it occurred to me that while she resists brushing, she likes to
roll around all the time quite happily, and if a fabric was designed to
remove hair, that would be the best solution?

Any ideas?

Kiran

Just a thought: Have you seen those door mats made to resemble green
grass? I have some on m patio and my cat likes to roll on them.