Cat spends whole days in our bed!

Old August 22nd 05, 03:59 PM
Newbie

Default Cat spends whole days in our bed!

We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

Old August 22nd 05, 04:21 PM
Ivor Jones

"Newbie" wrote in message

We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a
few favorite spots to rest, from an outside chair to
various rugs in the house. Lately she has decided to
spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless or should
we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be
an enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

Like Karen just said, it's her bed, she just lets you sleep in it
sometimes ;-)

IMHO it's always best to let a cat have free run of the house. She doesn't
understand the distinctions that humans make, to her, it's just a
comfortable spot to sleep. If she sleeps there while you're in bed, feel
honoured..! I can't love my Missy more than when I wake up to find her
curled up next to me with her chin resting on my outstretched arm :-)

Ivor

Old August 22nd 05, 05:05 PM
Alison

"Newbie" wrote in message
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few

favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this

harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be

an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

Why wouldn't it be harmless? What do you think she'll do if you
leave her to sleep on your bed?
Alison

Old August 22nd 05, 05:46 PM
Hailey

Karen wrote:
All furniture is theirs.

LOL
How true
Old August 22nd 05, 06:04 PM
Adam Helberg

"Alison" wrote in message

"Newbie" wrote in message
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few

favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this

harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be

an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

Why wouldn't it be harmless? What do you think she'll do if you
leave her to sleep on your bed?
Alison

She may jump on his face and suffocate him.

Adam

Old August 22nd 05, 07:15 PM
Ivor Jones

"Adam Helberg" wrote in message
. net
"Alison" wrote in message

"Newbie" wrote in message
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had
quite a few favorite spots to rest, from an outside
chair to various rugs in the house. Lately she has
decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this
harmless or should we coax her out of this? In other
words, should there be an enforced distinction
between her furniture and ours?

Why wouldn't it be harmless? What do you think she'll
do if you leave her to sleep on your bed?
Alison

She may jump on his face and suffocate him.

Trust me, if 12 pounds of cat lands on your face, you wake up FAST..!! g

Ivor

Old August 22nd 05, 07:21 PM
cathyxyz

Newbie wrote:
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

Hmmm. You really are new at this, aren't you? Watch my lips: the cat
owns you, (not the other way around).

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Old August 22nd 05, 08:28 PM
Karen

"cathyxyz" wrote in message
Newbie wrote:
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

Hmmm. You really are new at this, aren't you? Watch my lips: the cat
owns you, (not the other way around).

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

It's their world. We are just living in it.

Old August 23rd 05, 01:12 AM
nightshade

Cats sleep for 18 hours they say, unless mine have something to do they'll
sleep. On your bed. lol? 5 of mine do that and in a cold Ohio winter you're
glad for the body heat.

--
If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he
homeless or naked?
"Newbie" wrote in message
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

It's been a miserable few days Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 16 June 16th 05 12:24 PM
Recipes (WAS: The world is really unstable these days) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 May 17th 05 01:01 AM
Some Days Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 1 April 8th 05 09:15 PM
easy money in 30 days trip Cat health & behaviour 0 March 11th 05 03:40 AM
Bye for a few days Susan M Cat anecdotes 5 November 21st 03 01:40 PM