Do Your Cats Sound Like They Look?

Old April 7th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Do Your Cats Sound Like They Look?

I swear, the Mothership got the volume wrong on some of mine.

Some, you would figure. Brando, although there's something of an "I'm
scared, Mommy" overtone to it, meows like the big boy that he is.

ShadowCat, my Big Beautiful Black Cat *should* sound like thunder from
the looks of him. Except, he doesn't. He has a teeeeeeny little voice
to go with that huge muscular body.

and Esmeralda's sounds are just too weird to even contemplate. She
sounds more like a cross between a baby and a monkey instead of a cat.

Which of yours sound like somebody flipped the wrong switch?

Ginger-lyn
Old April 7th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
spot

My big orange tom cat Squeekers is named squeekers because he doesn't
meow he really does squeek then he talks to you.

Mushkins should be called diesel, she's so loud you can hear her from
across the room very clearly purring.

Celeste
Old April 7th 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Rumble is the only one that sounds like his name. When he purrs he rumbles
and you can hear him from about 15 to 20 feet away

Old April 8th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message

I swear, the Mothership got the volume wrong on some of mine.

Some, you would figure. Brando, although there's something of an "I'm
scared, Mommy" overtone to it, meows like the big boy that he is.

ShadowCat, my Big Beautiful Black Cat *should* sound like thunder from
the looks of him. Except, he doesn't. He has a teeeeeeny little
voice to go with that huge muscular body.

and Esmeralda's sounds are just too weird to even contemplate. She
sounds more like a cross between a baby and a monkey instead of a cat.

Which of yours sound like somebody flipped the wrong switch?

Pickle looks and acts like a big tough confident mancat - he bullies the
other two cats and struts his stuff outside showing his hunting prowess. He
has the tiniest little 'mi' for a meow.

Suki is a gorgeous delicate, dainty looking creature. But in Real Life she's
a total klutz and has a meow that would put a fog horn to shame. Perhaps its
the deafness but she only has one volume and thats '11'

Shadow is a timid creature, and you'd expect her to have a meek and mild
sound. Not so. She has extreme potty mouth, and will hiss, spit and growl
like a fisherwoman. And, just for the heck of it, sometimes she serenades
the moon like a wolf.

None of my current three sound anything like how they look.

Fluffy's bark and growl sound exactly right for the big black dog she is,
and although *we* know its a total ruse, I'm glad that she can do the big
bad scary vicious dog thing - makes me feel safer when she's around.

Shmogg spoke appropriately for a cat of his dignity: he had a large and
intricate vocabulary and could express many moods and thoughts. He could
give me a really good dressing down about the lack of food in his food bowl,
too!

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old April 8th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message

[...]

Pickles has two voices. When she wants petting, or something from the
kitchen (I can never figure out what, since she isn't interested in people
food or gooshy food, and has kibble available all the time), she makes a
little "woo woo" sound you'd expect to come from a tiny kitten. It's pretty
funny, considering she's big - long, big-boned and overweight, with long
hair that makes her look even bigger. OTOH, on the way to the vet, she has
a potty mouth that would rival any sailor. Once she gets to the vet, she
has a "poor little mistreated me" meow that gets her a lot of attention and
sympathy, in spite of her size. Then, on the way home, she saves all her
energy for busting out of the carrier.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Joy

Old April 8th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Yowie wrote:
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message

[...]

When she is waiting for her breakfast, I tell TuTu she sounds like a
wounded seagull. Princess (Siamese RB 16) had a beautiful voice. MLB
Old April 8th 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn"
I swear, the Mothership got the volume wrong on some of mine.

Some, you would figure. Brando, although there's something of an "I'm
scared, Mommy" overtone to it, meows like the big boy that he is.

ShadowCat, my Big Beautiful Black Cat *should* sound like thunder from the
looks of him. Except, he doesn't. He has a teeeeeeny little voice to go
with that huge muscular body.

and Esmeralda's sounds are just too weird to even contemplate. She sounds
more like a cross between a baby and a monkey instead of a cat.

Which of yours sound like somebody flipped the wrong switch?

Ginger-lyn

http://home.comcast.net/~dutch.waterman/site/
Fuzzy Mosey, Sqweex, fuzzy tummy, Pookie, Miss Lovely Sqweex, Pipps n shoe,
Pookie.

All of them have wierd voices. I put my webbysite, which is progress, up,
the photo link works and so does the Contact link.

Mosey has a very loud purr and he can get in my face and MEOWL at me, to
wake me up, he also comes in loudly at night to inform me I left a light on
or something.
He's a whiner too, he can sound really pathetic.

Sqweex, the fluffy eer-tufted, fluffybutt, has many different voices. She
loves to go fetch a toy, bring it into the livingroom while talking with her
mouth full. She'll drop the toy at my feet and when I reach over to get
it, she zooms off...look at the size of her feet. I call her my Pretty
Gurl, but she is a little snot.
At night, as we're falling asleep, I can hear these mrrrt gnow mrrrrrrrrrt?
waow, in different 'pitches' She talks in paragraphs, uses dangeling
participles, and lots of vowels, and asks many questions.

Pipps doesn't say much, she's not a real talker, except when she's mad, then
she swear like a sailor.

Pookie: sounds like your ShadowCat, big beautiful shiny tuxedo, with a tiny
kitten voice.

I talk back to my kitties in 'their voices' at night and it's really funny.
Yes, we understand each other.

Kyla
The Cat Whisperer

Old April 8th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ginger-lyn wrote:
I swear, the Mothership got the volume wrong on some of mine.

Some, you would figure. Brando, although there's something of an "I'm
scared, Mommy" overtone to it, meows like the big boy that he is.

ShadowCat, my Big Beautiful Black Cat *should* sound like thunder from
the looks of him. Except, he doesn't. He has a teeeeeeny little voice
to go with that huge muscular body.

and Esmeralda's sounds are just too weird to even contemplate. She
sounds more like a cross between a baby and a monkey instead of a cat.

Which of yours sound like somebody flipped the wrong switch?

Both of mine. Caliban has a tiny baby voice, though he's supposed to be
the man of the house. And Mir has a loud and demanding meow, totally in
discord with her ladylike looks.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 8th 09, 10:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
Ginger-lyn wrote:

I swear, the Mothership got the volume wrong on some of mine.

Some, you would figure. Brando, although there's something of an "I'm
scared, Mommy" overtone to it, meows like the big boy that he is.

ShadowCat, my Big Beautiful Black Cat *should* sound like thunder from
the looks of him. Except, he doesn't. He has a teeeeeeny little voice
to go with that huge muscular body.

and Esmeralda's sounds are just too weird to even contemplate. She
sounds more like a cross between a baby and a monkey instead of a cat.

Which of yours sound like somebody flipped the wrong switch?

Leila sounds like there's a Siamese somewhere not too far back in the
family tree.

Or maybe more than one.

Anyway, she talks a lot.

Baird

--
As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods-
They kill us for their sport.
Old April 8th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 7, 4:24*pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:
I swear, the Mothership got the volume wrong on some of mine.

Some, you would figure. *Brando, although there's something of an "I'm
scared, Mommy" overtone to it, meows like the big boy that he is.

ShadowCat, my Big Beautiful Black Cat *should* sound like thunder from
the looks of him. *Except, he doesn't. *He has a teeeeeeny little voice
to go with that huge muscular body.

and Esmeralda's sounds are just too weird to even contemplate. *She
sounds more like a cross between a baby and a monkey instead of a cat.

Which of yours sound like somebody flipped the wrong switch?

Ginger-lyn

Boots doesn't have a proper meow-box at all. You see her open her
mouth, but nothing
comes out. Until she's trapped in the carrier, and she makes this
dreadful mournful bellowing
sounds, not really like a meow at all.
Also, Maine Coons have an odd meow. The grandcat usually produces a
soft little trill or a little
squeak of a meow. It's like you said about Shadowcat, a teeny little
voice coming out of a
huge muscular body.

Sherry