Peticure & Other Stuff

Old July 8th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

Default Peticure & Other Stuff

The subject of this thread is "Peticure & Other Stuff". Who knew the
Other Stuff would turn out to be the 1986 World Series?

"Kreisleriana" wrote:

The first
baseman let a ground ball go through his legs, allowing the winning run to
score.

Though few people are aware of it, the Bill Buckner error probably had
no effect on the outcome of the Series. The Red Sox would have lost
that game anyway. The record throughout the post-season, for both
clubs, was that each time they brought in their "closer" and he was
ineffective, they lost the game.

The '86 World Series was a contest between two managers to see who could
mis-handle their pitching staffs most disastrously. John MacNamara
eventually out-dueled Davy Johnson, but it was a close contest.
--

Wayne M.
Old July 8th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote:

The first
baseman let a ground ball go through his legs, allowing the winning run to
score.

Though few people are aware of it, the Bill Buckner error probably had
no effect on the outcome of the Series. The Red Sox would have lost
that game anyway. The record throughout the post-season, for both
clubs, was that each time they brought in their "closer" and he was
ineffective, they lost the game.

Well, as a Mets fan, I tend to see that outcome more that way, also-- in
terms of the Mets offense waking up, and putting pressure on the shakiness
of Schiraldi and Hurst.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 8th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote:

The first
baseman let a ground ball go through his legs, allowing the winning run
score.

Though few people are aware of it, the Bill Buckner error probably had
no effect on the outcome of the Series. The Red Sox would have lost
that game anyway. The record throughout the post-season, for both
clubs, was that each time they brought in their "closer" and he was
ineffective, they lost the game.

Well, as a Mets fan, I tend to see that outcome more that way, also-- in
terms of the Mets offense waking up, and putting pressure on the shakiness
of Schiraldi and Hurst.

Argh, I wrote Hurst? I meant Stanley. Hurst started Game 7.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 8th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Mare wrote:
Hi guys,

Haven't been here for quite a while. Firstly, condolences to all who
have had to say goodbye to furkids (it was 3 years yesterday that my
Mookie went to RB, so it's been a crappy weekend in that regard, and
I'm so sorry for your losses). I couldn't make it 2 months after
Mookie left without a cat in the house. We went to the MSPCA and
brought home Jasmine (lengthened to Princess Yasmina, then shortened
to Meena), a little black kitty with the shortest legs I've ever
seen.

Meena sounds like such a sweetheart. I know what you mean about the
comfort a kitten can give when you lose a loved one. First Mir and then
Caliban made life bearable after I lost Nikki and Frank. Caliban the
Clown, especially. You can't stay sad when you have to laugh at kitten
antics all the time.

Welcome back! Hope you can stick around.

Old July 8th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
wrote in message
Mare wrote:

Whenever I
sneeze, sob or cough, she runs from wherever she is and in
chirpy-type question (her voice always goes up) mode asks, "You
okay, mom?" Once I was sobbing so hard that she crawled under
the covers with me and put her paw on my face to take away the
tears (at least that's what I like to think she did). She's a
real mama's girl and I love her to pieces.

She sounds like an angel of a kitty! When I cry my eyes out
(thankfully not recently), my cats don't even seem to notice.
You're lucky, you have a real sweetheart.

I'd be interested in hearing testimonials about it, too. I've seen
ads on TV about it, and I'm intrigued. My cats hate having their
claws clipped.

Stinky put up with it for years, but he recently just decided "Wait--
you're sticking needles in me every day, and you're gonna clip my
claws TOO?? Lady, I love you, but up with this I will not put. Leave
me some dignity, babe!" And I'm inclined to agree with him, except
that his claws have to be clipped.

And Dante is just a very difficult shape to get hold of-- big and
round-- and slippery, when he wants. Ridiculous creature.

So, yes, I'd also be interested in hearing anything people have tried
that works.

I saw a thing in the Drs. Foster & Smith catalog in which you wrap the cat
up in something akin to a sleeping bag/mummy wrapping with the front paws
sticking out. Then you trim their nails.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...59&pcatid=3159

or
http://tinyurl.com/3bjg5o

I can't figure out how they expect anyone to get the cat bundled into such a
contraption in the first place. They've never seen me try to get Persia
into her carrier. LOL

Jill

Old July 8th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Kreisleriana wrote:
wrote in message
Mare wrote:

[...]

Exactly. How do you get a resistant cat *into* the thing? I got one for
Stinky for just in case he wouldn't let me give him his fluids. But it soon
became clear that if I couldn't hold him to give him the damn fluids, there
was no way I could wrestle him into *that* thing.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 9th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-Y. Went with my dad to some Red Sox Florida games but only
to one game at Fenway BUT it was the second to last game of the Impossible
Dream season. What a game!
Charleen

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
ng.com...
EEEEK, UMass Amherst! My older daughter, a high school senior at the
time, was invited to a Halloween party there to which I drove her and her
friends would drive her back. I insisted on walking her to her friend's
room. Well that was the famous Halloween Party of the early 1980's. I'm
not easily rattled but saw things that knocked my socks off! Who'd a
thunk! My gracious and other things! What an experience. It was a
historical event for sure.
Charleen

So it goes without saying that you belong to Sawx Nation, right?

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net